vista and logging into websites(example vista64x.com)

batrico

Hi great place you have here hope someone can help me.On some websites and forums there is a remember me function where the site remembers if you want to stay logged in without you having that site open all the time or myspace.com where the remember me function can be used so you dont have to put your email address in everytime you log on.
My query is on vista home premium 32bit which im using after each reboot it forgets any information you had told the pc, so on each site including here i have to type in my user name or email address every time.Is this a security issue with vista or just an error.I obviously dont want it to remember my passwords but id like not to have to type in my email address for every login screen.
Finally if I leave the pc on all day I can leave and visit any site and it remembers but once a reboot is done its back to square one.

I hope someone can help me establish a fix or if it its a security issue.

thanks in advance
rico

My Computer

Hi great place you have here hope someone can help me.On some websites and forums there is a remember me function where the site remembers if you want to stay logged in without you having that site open all the time or myspace.com where the remember me function can be used so you dont have to put your email address in everytime you log on.
My query is on vista home premium 32bit which im using after each reboot it forgets any information you had told the pc, so on each site including here i have to type in my user name or email address every time.Is this a security issue with vista or just an error.I obviously dont want it to remember my passwords but id like not to have to type in my email address for every login screen.
Finally if I leave the pc on all day I can leave and visit any site and it remembers but once a reboot is done its back to square one.

I hope someone can help me establish a fix or if it its a security issue.

thanks in advance
rico

It has nothing to do with Windows or Internet Explorer. Chances are you have some third party utility installed that is clearing your internet cache, cookies, history, etc. whenever you reboot. I won't hazard a guess to which one, because there is a myriad of program that can do this.

If you are using Firefox, then perhaps it's been told to clear private data?
  1. Click the "Tools" menu, and click the "Options" item
  2. Click the "Privacy" icon
  3. If the "Always clear my private data when I close Firefox" is checked, you can either remove the check mark, or click it's "Settings" button to adjust which items are automatically cleared.
  4. Click OK
Hope that helps.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Custom Build
    CPU
    AMD Phenom 9600 Quad
    Motherboard
    ASUS MB-M3A32-MVP Deluxe/WiFi
    Memory
    2 x A-Data 2GB DDR2-800
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS ATI Radeon HD 2400PRO
    Monitor(s) Displays
    SAHARA 21"
    Screen Resolution
    1600x1200
    Hard Drives
    2 x 80GB Seagate (I)
    2 x 120GB Seagate (I/S)
    2 x 200GB Seagate (I/S)
    2 x 250GB Seagate (I/S)
    PSU
    800W
    Case
    Thermaltake Tai-Chi
    Cooling
    Tai-Chi Water Cooler
    Keyboard
    Genius
    Mouse
    Logitech
    Internet Speed
    384kbps
    Other Info
    Currently dual booting between Vista x64 Ultimate Windows 7 BETA x64
Hi thanks for your reply.I checked firefox and this box is not ticked.The one always ask is ticked.

A weird thing just happened.I rebooted and opened up Internet explorer to myspace.com logged on and ticked the remember me box.i rebooted then opened ie on myspace.com again to see if it had remembered my email addy and it had so i thought maybe my problems directly related to firefox.I logged out of myspace in ie and opened firefox on myspace and my email addy was still remembered.I then rebooted after i logged into a forum website.when vista booted i tried the forum site in firefox and hey i didnt have to log on.Then i tried here which i had set to remember before i rebooted the first time and i didnt have to log in it remembered me.

hopefully that means my problem is fixed .i will know when i try tomorrow morning(sunday)if anything was remembered.

Last edited:

My Computer

Back