Vista And SRS Audio Sandbox

rasso

unfortunately no answers from srs about the new sound driver for x64.
it will crash your sound, and you will still need to reboot to bring it back.

methinks ,,i solved my problem....i unistalled high definiton audio driver and then i installed srs v1.9 (64bit) ..then srs working perfectly for 2 days..i dont get a problem....i think srs problem solved ?
is your sound still working good? any sound crashes?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Alien Tech
    CPU
    AMD Phenom 9850 Black Edition
    Motherboard
    MSI K9N2 Platinum
    Memory
    OCZ PC6400 SLI Edition 8GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    XFX Force 8600GT x2 (sli configuration)
    Sound Card
    On board Realtek HD 7.1/ SRS Audio Sandbox 1.7 x64
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer H213H
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080p 32bits
    Hard Drives
    SCSI\Disk____NVIDIA__STRIPE____74.53G Sea Gate
    SCSI\Disk____NVIDIA__STRIPE___298.09G Hitachi
    SCSI\Disk____NVIDIA__STRIPE___372.61G Hitachi
    PSU
    Power Up 550watts
    Case
    Alien Tech (new system in an old chassys)
    Cooling
    By Air 7 fans
    Keyboard
    Microsoft USB Digital Media Pro Keyboard (IntelliType Pro)
    Mouse
    Logitech HID-compliant LX3 Optical Mouse
    Internet Speed
    1mb
    Other Info
    This Rig is OC'd by 13% stock CPU is 2.5GHZ to 2.8GHz
    FSB (HT)225MHZ
    RAM is also OC'd Stock 800MHZ to 900MHZ
    Ultra Media Dash SD/USB/eSATA/Audio/1394/CM/SM/CF-MD/MS
SRS Sandbox

Thanks, this is good to know. I am using the trial version, now won't have to buy it... My sound stops and starts, stops and starts and I can not watch videos for more than a couple of seconds at a time...very frustrating, can not find answers to fix this problem..boo hoo..

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Inspiron 1525
    Memory
    1.00 gb
Hi. Just thought I'd add my bit. What you have just said is pretty much it. I also am having the EXACT same problem. I have the same setup. I just purcased SRS SB couple weeks back. After a week of troubleshooting I filled a report with SRS Labs and received an email yesterday. Thay admitted that SRS SB is not compatable with x64 Vista and offered a refund. He also mentioned that a "Fix" should be about 2 weeks away around the time of Windows 7 release. I guess/HOPE that they have seriously timed this in order to work with Windows 7 as well as Vista x64. I sorta plan to replace Vista with Win7 anyway. Just a wait and see I guess. Good Luck to us all on this. It is a great plugin for sound. The best I have tried.

Rex

My Computer

Hi. Just thought I'd add my bit. What you have just said is pretty much it. I also am having the EXACT same problem. I have the same setup. I just purcased SRS SB couple weeks back. After a week of troubleshooting I filled a report with SRS Labs and received an email yesterday. Thay admitted that SRS SB is not compatable with x64 Vista and offered a refund. He also mentioned that a "Fix" should be about 2 weeks away around the time of Windows 7 release. I guess/HOPE that they have seriously timed this in order to work with Windows 7 as well as Vista x64. I sorta plan to replace Vista with Win7 anyway. Just a wait and see I guess. Good Luck to us all on this. It is a great plugin for sound. The best I have tried.

Rex

Here is a tip for you now that srs have refunded your money.....dont do as i did!!!

make a back up of that email, or copy paste it somewhere secure. I had to reinstall my system, and i forgot to make a backuo of my important emails, im using ms outlook. so when it ws time to reactivate srs it aked me for the maunal activation code for some reason. i logged in to the website, i figured this info was to be there. Wrong!!!! the refunded my money and erased my loggon info to the srs website. so i was left out from activation.
I felt like my wife just kicked me out of the house! How can they do this? Simple they refunded your money, and you are no longer a costumer to them.
So keep those funky codes safe!!!!

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Alien Tech
    CPU
    Motherboard
    MSI K9N2 Platinum
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer H213H
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080p 32bits
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Power Up 550watts
    Case
    Cooling
    By Air 7 fans
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    1mb
    Other Info
    FSB (HT)225MHZ
I also have the Realtek HD 7.1 ACL888 in my MoBo.All I use is the Loudness Equalization though.Aimp2's EQ rocks my two desktop Logitech speakers I got at Office Max.They have what looks like a tweeter / midrange speaker and a subwoofer in each speaker.Are you guys talking about the SRS efffects for WMP ?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    gateway
    CPU
    intel quad
    Memory
    8 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    nvidia
    Sound Card
    realtek
    Monitor(s) Displays
    19' widescreen
    Screen Resolution
    1440 x 900
    Hard Drives
    581 gb
    Internet Speed
    High speed Comcast cable
to Blue 75

We are talking about the srs audio sandbox from srs labs. that srs effect you find in WMP is just part of a sound plugin. which makes your pc sound like a home theather on a bose system {well more or less}

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Alien Tech
    CPU
    Motherboard
    MSI K9N2 Platinum
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer H213H
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080p 32bits
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Power Up 550watts
    Case
    Cooling
    By Air 7 fans
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    1mb
    Other Info
    FSB (HT)225MHZ
I am so glad I found this thread because I was getting pretty pissed at my laptop and I couldn't figure out why the hell the sound kept crapping up on me. I end up having to reboot my laptop at least once a day. My Sims 3 game is obviously very dependent on my sound since it crashes pretty soon after the sound stops working and won't start back up until after I reboot and the sound is working. I thought it was either my sound driver or the fact that my laptop is a Toshiba.

It has been almost 8 freaking months since SRS has said that they were working on fixing the bug. Either the devs don't give a **** about their customers or they all died one by one. That sucks because SRS Audio Sandbox is a really cool program and I want to keep The Sims 3 running for more than just 12 hours. I guess I'm going to have to disable it.

Last edited:

My Computer

Back