Vista & Saphire Radeon X700 problems

Matty07

I am trying to install Windows Vista but everytime it gets to Completing Installation and searches for hardware installed it hangs, mouse & keyboard stops working. I have even left it like this over night and it is still in the same state.

I have gone to the measures of taking out my sound card and network card etc so it is just my graphics card, mouse & keyboard...which are now PS2 not USB as i thought that may of been a problem, but it still crashes

if i reboot after the system hangs it tries to go into windows then gives me an error "installation failed or was interupted. please click OK to reinstall"

I have
Intel P4 3.06
1GB Ram
80GB HDD
Saphire Radeon ATI X700 Graphics Card.

anyone got any idea's or work-arounds?

My Computer

It worked with my X850PE but i was using the DVI during install and when it finally booted to Vista x64 my DVI stopped working and it has not started yet. That is the only problem i have with a Sapphire card, do you have an older video card to test it with?

My Computer

Yeah i do have another graphics card i can try, altho it is an earlier model to what i have already, i will give it a go.
i think its a radeon 9700 series card!!

i will let you know how i get on anyways.

My Computer

Even if it is an earlier model it will still let you know if you got issues :). Once Vista is installed since it is the same drivers just swap the cards out and see how it goes.

My Computer

Back