vista ultimate extra update help..

hoojee

i was just installing some extra languages on the ultimate extra update, i just selected all the updates to download as i was in a rush go leave home, it came up to about 5gb, it wasnt a problem because i was going out for about 4 hours

i came back home, download was complete and was installing the language packs, at first i thought it was stuck because computer started to run extra sluggish, but just as i was about to restart computer the bar moved, so i just waited, just doing some browsing etc on this forum, researching and getting tips and tricks etc., despite the fact that it was still running slow..

i checked the cpu usage, the cpu was fine, but with suprise, the ram was running about 1.9gb ( i have 2gb ram)

first of all, is the language pack suppose to take that long to install?
and is it suppose to use that much of the ram?

thank you all in advance :)

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Intel Core2Quad Q6700 2.66GHz
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte EP35-DS3
    Memory
    2x Corsair 1024MB 6400C4
    Graphics Card(s)
    GeForce 9600GT 512MB
    Hard Drives
    2x Samsung 500GB
If you install the whole pack, yes it takes quite long :)
With regards to the Ram, Windows can take quite a lot of it if you do not run other applications or if you are just surfing, so i would not bother with that.

My Computer

thanks mate..

but each language pack takes at least a good hour.. i have 10 left.. =.=

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte EP35-DS3
    Memory
    2x Corsair 1024MB 6400C4
    Graphics Card(s)
    GeForce 9600GT 512MB
    Hard Drives
    2x Samsung 500GB
Thats the price you pay for having a complete set of every language on earth :p ...You sure you need them all?

My Computer

i guess so, well i cancelled the update only installed ones i need..

but who knows, u might wake up one morning knowing all 40 languages available on vista =P

damn.. never seen the ram ever go up to full banwidth before, like on xp processing and edit video most i ever saw was about 50%... :sarc:

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte EP35-DS3
    Memory
    2x Corsair 1024MB 6400C4
    Graphics Card(s)
    GeForce 9600GT 512MB
    Hard Drives
    2x Samsung 500GB
i guess so, well i cancelled the update only installed ones i need..

but who knows, u might wake up one morning knowing all 40 languages available on vista =P

damn.. never seen the ram ever go up to full banwidth before, like on xp processing and edit video most i ever saw was about 50%... :sarc:

LOL yeah I wish it was that easy to wake up knowing all the languages :p

My Computer

Back