Solved Vista x64 error code 80070424

VI.MS says:

7. Locate the following folder:
C:\windows\system32\config\components
Rather MS should say locate COMPONENTS file into C:\Windows\System32\config.COMPONENTS and other object which you can see there are registy files not folders

(images)

rr8.jpg
RR9.jpg

VII .
8.When you are prompted for a name, type Offline_Components.
RR10.jpg
RR11.jpg

and apply (click OK)

VIII.If everything work done when you open HKEY_LOCALE_MACHINE key again you will see desired Offline_Components ready to edit:

RR12.jpg

My Computer

No results buddy!
I have followed the instruction as you told! I have double checked every passage, but when I restart Windows the green screen comes out again with the same message: Configuring updates: Stage 3 of 3 - 0% complete. Do not turn off computer and after 1 min aprox a message comes out saying Shutting Down (which in reality is a restarts). In short, nothing changes!

I would rather try to fix it than reinstall Windows. I don't have files in the partition taken by Windows but the only idea of reinstalling everything is a nightmare!

Have you got any other idea?

Cheers Flavius!

My Computer

Ok! O got in! And this is how I did!

Because I could not change the files C:\windows\winsxs\pending.xml in to C:\windows\winsxs\pending.old.xml and C:\windows\winsxs\cleanup.xml in to C:\windows\winsxs\cleanup.old.xml that would have allowed my to access Windows by bypassing the nightmare of the updating screen in any f******g way I thought that I might have a go by entering Ubuntu and modifying the Windows system files from there (excuse me for the term).

So I did, I restarted Vista normally to find out that I had resolved the problem!!!!! :party:
I'm finally in my Windows Vista after 2 days of pain!

In addition as soon as I got into Vista I got off line - just in case it started to do unwanted things. I remembered later that I set up Windows to ask me for authorization every time that there were update available and therefore I re access the internet and downloaded Update for Windows Vista (KB937287). This gave me the error 0x8024800c but after a while I got a prompt from Windows update that there were loads of updates available for me. I gave it a go and it is working! Now it is installing 36 updates. If anything goes wrong you'll hear from again! In the mean while a laid back and wait for Vista to finish before going to bed!

Thank you very much for your help Flavius! If you pop into London give me a shout! I'd love to get drunk with you! I pay of course!

Diegone

My Computer

Back