Why will DEP not allow me to add a .exe program to the exception?? HELP

kimhague

I have downloaded a program for a LeapFrog children's toy from the LeapFrog website and have tried to install it, but I keep receiving an error message for the DEP (Data Executive Provention) security and it closes my program.

I have gone through the Windows Help and Support to disable/configure the security settings but after selecting 'Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select:' and choosing my .exe program from the file location, an error message reports 'The program must run with the DEP enabled. You cannot turn off DEP for this program.'

How do I over come this as I really need to run this program and I know it is eligable.

Please help!! P.S will it have anything to do with the fact that the file I am trying to run is saved to the Program Files folder?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Pavilion dv2500

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Intergrated 7.1 Channel Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell SP2009W 20 inch Flat Panel w Webcam
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Dell USB 4 button optical
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
I know this sounds bad but Im not sure how you check for malware and viruses? I have only just tried to download this program before I sent this assistance message so I havent used it before for it to get any viruses if that makes a difference?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Pavilion dv2500
With all due respect and just trying to help, I looked at the time posted and you could not have checked for virus and malware properly.
If you have an anti virus update it and make a FULL scan.
Download and make a full scan with malwarebytes after you update it.
They should take about 90 minutes total, for both. More or less depending on what you have on your computer.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Intergrated 7.1 Channel Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell SP2009W 20 inch Flat Panel w Webcam
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Dell USB 4 button optical
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
Oh ok, thanks for your help. I just went to Control Panel - Security - Windows Defender and scanned for spyware, that isnt correct way to perform a scan then? I will try and do a full scan. And also I have figured out why the DEP wouldnt let me run the LeapFrog program... I had to install Service system package updates and then for some reason it allowed me to open the programs. :D

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Pavilion dv2500
Back