Will not update new to Vista

Ok I went down the rabbit hole and that log did not help..

this windows update thing is a challenge now. I read some where that microsoft has a phone number just for windows update problems.

My Computer

My Computer

First one installed correctly but no change.

The second one the stand alone installer encountered a error 0x80080005

I talked to Microsoft this morning. They wanted to delete the Windows update service and reinstall the service. Sadly I do not have the instalation disk. It will be days before I can get a hold of them.

My Computer

Flavius,

I cant thank you enough for your help with this problem. I have had to give up on this computer as I was helping a coworker with it but it seems the inverter is bad on the LCD monitor. It is a touch smart computer with a touch screen monitor. I have struggled for days to open it up without breaking it but gave up tonight. I have several computers here Im helping people on and like you do not get paid for my help... Like you Im not motivated by cash on this but the challenge of seeing it fixed by me..

I know nothing about Vista but have learned quite a bit from you.. Thank you again for your time and help. I hope that one day the Karma gods smile on you and reward you several times over.. Take care and thank you again..

Respectfully Chris A

My Computer

Back