Window Update Fails

panueloh

Help!

I am using Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit. I keep getting Error Code 8007000B downloading windows updates. I tried going to the command prompt, running as an admin and typing in "fsutil resource setautoreset true C:\" and reboot but I still cannot download updates. please help!

My Computer

Help!

I am using Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit. I keep getting Error Code 8007000B downloading windows updates. I tried going to the command prompt, running as an admin and typing in "fsutil resource setautoreset true C:\" and reboot but I still cannot download updates. please help!
Hello panueloh,
No answer yet, but a question : Wht wouldn't you let vista do it's updating automatically ?

My Computer

It doesn't do it. In my log sheet, it's sayign that there has never been an update on my computer.
Hello panueloh,
How to turn Automatic Updating On :-
Contro Panel > Classic View > click Windows Update icon > left panel, click Change Settings > click INSTALL UPDATES AUTOMATICALLY ( RECOMMENDED ), a blue dot will appear at the front. Set up what day and what time to update. Checkmark the box " Include recommended updates when ---",also the box that says "Use Microsoft Update". Close all windows after that.
Your windows update should do it's job without you from now on ( except the optional updates ). Let me know if it works as plan.

My Computer

I'll try that. One more thing, I ran the operation system recovery disk that came with my computer but i don't have many of the programs that came with it and now i can't even install MS Office 12. It keeps giving me error messages. would you know anythinga b out that?

My Computer

Hello panueloh, I'm in Summerville!

If you ran a Vista install disc and it reformatted the HDD; the Factory Installed Programs may be gone and not retrievable!
But you may have a "Recovery Partition" to bring it back to the original Factory Installed state.
If you choose to do so.
Look around in the documentation that came with the machine to see if this is so.

I ran the operation system recovery disk that came with my computer but i don't have many of the programs that came with it...

I hope you get it sorted out!

Later :shock: Ted

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    * BFK Customs *
    CPU
    Intel C2Q 9550 Yorkfield
    Motherboard
    ASUS P5Q Pro
    Memory
    8GB Dominator 8500C5D
    Graphics Card(s)
    XFX ATI 1GB 4870 XXX
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD 7-1
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1x 47" LCD HDMI & 2x 26" LCD HDMI
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080P & 1920x1200
    Hard Drives
    2x 500GB 7200RPM 32MB Cache WD Caviar Black
    PSU
    Corsair 620HX
    Case
    CM Cosmos RC-1000
    Cooling
    Tuniq Tower 120, 2x 140mm and 3x 120mm case fans
    Keyboard
    HP Enhansed Multimedia
    Mouse
    Razer Diamondback 3G
    Internet Speed
    18.6Mb/s
    Other Info
    My First Build ;)
I'll try that. One more thing, I ran the operation system recovery disk that came with my computer but i don't have many of the programs that came with it and now i can't even install MS Office 12. It keeps giving me error messages. would you know anythinga b out that?
Hello panueloh,
Someone once had a problem with recycle bin. I tried everything I knew to help, to no avail. Then this person hit me with a hammer : " By the way I installed SP1 and this happened."
I hope my method still works for you. It should because it's part of the OS.
As to the programs you lost, I'm not adequately equiped to handle such matter. Bare Foot Kid seems to know, ask him, by all means.

My Computer

Hello panueloh,
Someone once had a problem with recycle bin. I tried everything I knew to help, to no avail. Then this person hit me with a hammer : " By the way I installed SP1 and this happened."
As to the programs you lost, I'm not adequately equiped to handle such matter. Bare Foot Kid seems to know, ask him, by all means.
By the way, do you have a disk named Drivers and Utilities that also came with the computer, just as your recovery disk ? If yes, have you run that disk after the recovery disk ? If you have not run it, please do it now.

My Computer

Hello panueloh,
By the way, do you have a disk named Drivers and Utilities that also came with the computer, just as your recovery disk ? If yes, have you run that disk after the recovery disk ? If you have not run it, please do it now.
Hello panueloh,
I think I have found a solution to your problem. Click the link below and read the page carefully.

Error message when you try to install updates on a Windows Vista-based computer by using Windows Update or when you try to perform a backup: "Code 0x8007000b"

My Computer

Hello panueloh,
I think I have found a solution to your problem. Click the link below and read the page carefully.

Error message when you try to install updates on a Windows Vista-based computer by using Windows Update or when you try to perform a backup: "Code 0x8007000b"

He said in 1st post that he tried that.

Mark

My Computer

I Want To Thank Everyone Of You For Your Willingness To Help Me Out. I Tried Everything But Nothing Worked So I Gave Up And Called E-machines. The Rep Told Me That My Recovery Disk Will Be Sent Out In The Next Two Weeks To Fix Everything. The Cd That Came With My Computer Only Installs Vista And Not All The Drivers I Needed. Thanks!!!

I'll Let You All Know What Happens When My Cd Arrives.

My Computer

I Want To Thank Everyone Of You For Your Willingness To Help Me Out. I Tried Everything But Nothing Worked So I Gave Up And Called E-machines. The Rep Told Me That My Recovery Disk Will Be Sent Out In The Next Two Weeks To Fix Everything. The Cd That Came With My Computer Only Installs Vista And Not All The Drivers I Needed. Thanks!!!

Hello panueloh,
I'm sure your Recovery disk will straighten things out. I'm rooting for you.
There is something you obviously don't know. One of the so called "accepted principles of posting " etiquette is to avoid using capital letters which would be considered "yelling", "shouting" and impolite. One or two words for emphasis is ok, but not the entire composition. I KNOW you don't know. That's why I took time to tell you. Have fun, see ya.

My Computer

Hello panueloh,
I'm sure your Recovery disk will straighten things out. I'm rooting for you.
There is something you obviously don't know. One of the so called "accepted principles of posting " etiquette is to avoid using capital letters which would be considered "yelling", "shouting" and impolite. One or two words for emphasis is ok, but not the entire composition. I KNOW you don't know. That's why I took time to tell you. Have fun, see ya.

Thanks for taking the time to explain. I will avoid doing that again.

My Computer

Back