Windows Host Process Stopped Working And Was Closed

dimo123

I been having this problem for almost a week now and it makes me want to rip my hair out! Lol, everything usually works fine when I first boot the computer up and when I'm on the internet for a little while that message pops up then internet explorer closes and I can use firefox. Then after I hit cancel on the message when I try to open other programs or save in notepad it freezes then the Not responding message pops up. Also when I try to go to the control panel same thing, it freezes then the bottom task bar changes like a different theme. Idk what to do it's really bugging me out, I looked up the message on alot of sites and each thread is just filled with people saying they have the same message and each thing the person says to do doesn't work for me. In the event log I don't see anything, I can't go to the control panel because it freezes. I'm gonna try to uninstall my firewall but I can't even get to remove programs window. And system restore doesn't work. Sorry for the whole paragraph of every little problem I just don't know what to do. Thanks

My Computer

Try in safe mode and then report back. Your answer will give a lot of clues, about what to do next.
If it works in safe mode, the next step would be a clean boot to determine the precise nature of the problem.
If it does not work, we may go with system restore.
Report back before each step.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Intergrated 7.1 Channel Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell SP2009W 20 inch Flat Panel w Webcam
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Dell USB 4 button optical
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
Thanks for the reply, there was a update that failed a little while back and I seen something for it just before, installed the update and now the problem is gone...I been on longer then usual before the pop up comes but I just don't want to get my hopes up. And I been on safe mode a couple times and everything will be normal. I'll reply if it still doesn't happen. Do you think it could have been the update? Thanks

My Computer

Back