• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

windows live mail error - 0x800CCC0F

hi can anyone help??, I have been using windows live mail successfully for 6 months with no problems, suddenly I was unable to receive or send emails and got the following message:

Unable to send or receive messages for the Sky account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.
Server: 'pop.tools.sky.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: POP3
Port: 995
Secure(SSL): Yes

I have tried switching off avasta security but no luck I have also deleted and re-entered my email accounts, and, finally I purchased regcure software which claimed it could fix 0x800CCC0F problems!!!, it didnt

My Computer

Hi,

I have just posted a similar thread - it appears this is a common problem but still no answer that helps!. I have tried disabling Norton 360, resetting passwords etc but nothing!!!

My Computer

hey,

How are you connected to the net? because there may be an issue with your router which could be blocking that 995 port? take a look at your router settings....

My Computer

psahs

hi thanks for that, I have just sorted it, in windows mail accounts - servers -incoming mail (pop 3) : i have entered pop.googlemail.sky.com seems to work fine now!!.

My Computer