Windows Live Messenger...

PainlessTorture

Official Best Member
Vista Pro
Hey Guys,

I wonder if someone could tell me this, is it possible for someone to track you down via WLM?

I know it uses proxy servers for the communication and that if someone sends a file that it is possible to make a connection that way. However the new WLM has a picture sharing thing where the picture just pops up rather than it being copied to your computer...is it possible to obtain the other persons IP from any part of the new WLM?

Thanks

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Hewlett Packard
    CPU
    3.40Ghz / 2.20Gz Duo Core
    Memory
    2GB / 3GB
    Hard Drives
    160 GB / 160 GB
no mate that is not possible the only way they can get connection on you if they send you file and you open its impossible to get all that through a jpg.gmp.ect picture file...
does that answer you question mate ?:D

My Computer

no mate that is not possible the only way they can get connection on you if they send you file and you open its impossible to get all that through a jpg.gmp.ect picture file...
does that answer you question mate ?:D

What about the picture sharing? Does that make a direct connection to your computer?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Hewlett Packard
    CPU
    Memory
    2GB / 3GB
    Hard Drives
    160 GB / 160 GB
if you have not noticed...on the new wlm when you accpect a picture they have they own sceruity suite....they scan to check for virus and that .....but theres no way picture (any format) can make direct connection to you pc the only wayy to make direct connection is through (send file/open webpages/intall things) not pictures mate ... with picture sharing you put the picture to wlm they upload from there they dont actulli download picture from your pc itself mate

My Computer

if you have not noticed...on the new wlm when you accpect a picture they have they own sceruity suite....they scan to check for virus and that .....but theres no way picture (any format) can make direct connection to you pc the only wayy to make direct connection is through (send file/open webpages/intall things) not pictures mate ... with picture sharing you put the picture to wlm they upload from there they dont actulli download picture from your pc itself mate

OK thanks...some freaky pedophile got my email address :huh:.

+Rep

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Hewlett Packard
    CPU
    Memory
    2GB / 3GB
    Hard Drives
    160 GB / 160 GB

+Rep
what you mean email address ? you msn ? ...
that can be through anything mate .....
i noticed some people send me emails they got 100s address on it ..
its werid to explain but that would not come through picture mate

My Computer

+Rep
what you mean email address ? you msn ? ...
that can be through anything mate .....
i noticed some people send me emails they got 100s address on it ..
its werid to explain but that would not come through picture mate

They added me on MSN then chatted for a while and started sending pics. I deleted him/her/it but i didnt want to be getting kidnapped or something lol

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Hewlett Packard
    CPU
    Memory
    2GB / 3GB
    Hard Drives
    160 GB / 160 GB
Just realised i posted in the wrong section.

Apologies.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Hewlett Packard
    CPU
    Memory
    2GB / 3GB
    Hard Drives
    160 GB / 160 GB
Back