windows mail missing

lsu3327

A few weeks ago I went to check my email using my windows mail and could not send/receive. Have been using this forever. One day it just quit working. I checked my modem connection which I get on the internet but all of a sudden which I did not change, my modem is not listed but my phone is. I never changed anything. When I check my connection status it states it cannot find an email application installed on my computer. I can get emails thru my carrier which is Comcast but have to go thru to much just to check mail. When I check on their site it says I have issues with my modem but when I have it checked by them they say everything is fine. How did I loose Windows mail overnight without changing anything ?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    HP a6750t
    Memory
    4.00GB
Hi Isu3327-

I've never used Windows Mail and didn't even know I have it. I opened it tonight and found I have 304 messages from 2013 to 2015 that I didn't know were there and don't know how they got there.

In Tools, Options, Send and Receive, is if set to one of the Connect options and is it set as the default?

Do you have a physical modem? If so, have you tried rebooting it?

Also, is it connected to a router?

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Vista Home Premium 64 bit SP2
    Manufacturer/Model
    Cyberpower
    CPU
    Intel Quad CPU Q6700 2.67 GHZ
    Motherboard
    NVIDIA 780i
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    MSI GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr
    Sound Card
    Sound Blaster SB Audigy
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Viewsonic VG2436
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080p
    Hard Drives
    Samsung HD 105SI
    WDC WD20
    Case
    Apevia XJupiter
    Cooling
    air
    Keyboard
    Logitech MX 3200
    Mouse
    Logitech MX 600
    Internet Speed
    30 Mbps
Hi Isu3327-

I've never used Windows Mail and didn't even know I have it. I opened it tonight and found I have 304 messages from 2013 to 2015 that I didn't know were there and don't know how they got there.

In Tools, Options, Send and Receive, is if set to one of the Connect options and is it set as the default?

Hi Isu3327-

Sorry about just now getting back to my post. I've rebooted many many times. I have a new router but not set up yet. A couple of weeks ago is when this started. I went to check my emails and it asked for my password and username which it has in the past but not very often. When I went to log on it stated that all wasrong and would not accept it. I don't have a cd for my modem and it won't even accept any changes for it. It's an Arris Surfboard . After checking on their site and doing resets ,all my servers are correct . You name it, I've tried it. When I contacted my carrier about what issues they are detecting the tech basically seemed to start getting on my case about how I needed to upgrade my system and get away from Vista and move on. Told him financially I cannot do it at this time where he said there was nothing they could do. Since Microsoft considers Vista aged system no help there also. Use Firefox for browser and internet is fine, just miss the convenience of opening my email without going thru all of the time it takes to just get to my Comcast mail. Open for suggestions for other email solutions. Thanks

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    HP a6750t
    Memory
    4.00GB
The way to reboot your modem is to unplug the power line on the back of it and plug it back in. It's worth a try.

If you open Tools, Internet Accounts, Properties and follow through the steps, is everything set correctly?

Where is phone, but not your modem, shown?

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Vista Home Premium 64 bit SP2
    Manufacturer/Model
    Cyberpower
    CPU
    Intel Quad CPU Q6700 2.67 GHZ
    Motherboard
    NVIDIA 780i
    Memory
    4 GB