Solved Windows Mail Storage file

frankhab

My Vista system went down. I pulled out the hard drive and using a drive enclosure, attached to my Laptop Windows 7, I am trying to locate the mail storage file to import using Windows Mail.

I can find the file user/frank after that I do not see appdata for the next step. However when viewing the files under the old drive, I can find under Programs/Windowsmail the following files:

en-us
msoe.dll
msoeres.dll
oeimport.dll
oespamfilter.dll
oespamfilter.dll
wab
wabfind.dll
wabimp.dll
wabmig
winmail

when I attempt to import mail from Livemail and direct it to the folder: en-US it will not let me view the files inside this folder from the import function but will let me import the folder. This then creates a new folder in Windows Mail "Imported Folder" however no mail that was stored was imported.

Is there a way to locate the mail on the old drive an import it in to Windows Mail. Remember I can not start the old mail program from hard drive as it will give an error.

Please help

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    dell inspiron

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Custom
    CPU
    AMD FX-4100
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte
    Memory
    4Gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI 5450
    Screen Resolution
    1600*900
    Internet Speed
    10Mbps
I found a reply you posted to this very fix a an hour ago and was able to fix it. The only problem I am still having is finding the bookmark.htm file to restore my favorites?

I follow the sugested patway, but this file is not there?

Thanks,
Frank

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    dell inspiron
Hi frankhab,

You can find the bookmark.htm and favorites in the folder: C:\Documents and Settings\User name\Favorites has the web shortcut for IE.

Ensure that you browse through old Hard Drive and search for favorites. Here is the link for your reference: Links disappear from Favorites folder - Microsoft Community

Here is the link to import and export bookmarks and favorites: http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/148339-how-import-export-favorites-internet-explorer.html
Please post back the results.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Custom
    CPU
    AMD FX-4100
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte
    Memory
    4Gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI 5450
    Screen Resolution
    1600*900
    Internet Speed
    10Mbps
I was able to find the favorites but not the bookmark.htm file to import them. Instead, I just did a copy and paste in to the new file and that worked.

Thanks for your help!

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    dell inspiron
Click Tools and select Options. Select the Advanced tab.

In the Maintenance and Troubleshooting section, click the Maintenance button.

In the Maintenance dialog box, click the Store Folder button.

In the Store Location dialog box, click the Change button.

Browse to the desired location and click OK.

Click OK to close the Store Location dialog box.

Click Close to close the Maintenance dialog box.

Click OK to close the Options dialog box.

Best Regard
Vishal Chadha
Email.biz

My Computer

Back