Windows Media Player error

pez

I Get error code COODOFF1 when trying to create playlist in Windows Media Player.
The only way I can get around this problem is to take the User Account Control off. Is there any other fix to this ridiculous error?

pez

Thanks for trying to help but your answer or not quite the answer was pertaining to windows 7 not to vista.

tom982

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Vista Guru
Gold Member
Hello pez and welcome to the forums :party:

Why don't you just disable UAC then?

Tom

ilikefree

Vista Guru
Gold Member
Items have to be in your library before they can be added to a play list is what the link I sent you to said in its summing up. Don't know if that is any help as I don't use the library myself.

pez

All the tracks are in the library but it won't recognize the new playlist without taking off account user control, of which i am the only user anyway.

ilikefree

Vista Guru
Gold Member
I have to admit I have never had UAC turned on, Ever.

If you do turn it off, post back and I will tell you how to get rid of the nag message that keeps telling you it is turned off

Last edited:

pez

How do you get rid of that message. I might just leave it off since my wife and I are the only ones in this pc. Thank You.

ilikefree

Vista Guru
Gold Member
How to turn off the UAC prompt.
Go to start, Type Regedit press enter
Go to HKEY.LOCAL.MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Policies\System.
Set consent prompt behavior.
Admin to 0
Default is 2
This setting will sometimes give you a warning that it is turned off when you first start your computer, or so I have been told, though I have never had one.