Windows update error

Shadowblade1210

I'm bumping this post because i have found this error as well with the automatic updates.

I Installed Vista ultimate 4 hours ago (ive spent this long trying to get the bloody updates to work). When i open up the Windows update it says 'Windows could not search for new updates' Error(s) found: Code 80070714 Get help. Of course upon hitting get help, there is absolutely no useful information to speak of.

(note:- This is NOT to do with defender, it updates perfectly fine.)

I have since resorted to installing every upgrade one at a time from the Microsoft download center, which is becoming tedious very quickly because theres a little over 100 of them.

i am running:-
core2 x6800 2.93ghz
2gb ram
2x nvidia 7900gtx
2tb Hdd

My Computer

I think you should reinstall before you get further errors, something isn't right. Since you recently installed it should be no sweat to do it one more time.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    qx6700
    Motherboard
    intel badaxe2
    Memory
    6 Gig Corsair ddr2 800
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia 9600GT 512
    Sound Card
    OB
    Monitor(s) Displays
    BenQ24 Princeton19
    Screen Resolution
    1920X1200 1280X1024
    Hard Drives
    8 X 500 Gig 3X 1TB RAID 0 and 2X 500 GB
    PSU
    Rosewill 950
    Case
    Thermaltake
    Cooling
    Chilltec
    Keyboard
    MS Natural Ergonomic 6000
    Mouse
    Kensington Expert
    Internet Speed
    DSL
check your system time both on your desktop and in your BIOS....i accidentally did a clean install, forgot to activate, changed the time, and it gave me the pirates black screen, so i had to reinstall again..

make sure your activated before you change the time if that is the problem

hope this helps

My Computer

Okay guys, thanks for the help, the update issues have now been fixed, what i think happened was when i first booted it up the OS; it offered to isntall updates, but because it was taking so long (hung for like 40 minutes) i rebooted.

Anyways, my issues now are stability issues, wheni try and do the updating, after about 10 minutes the computer freezes and i need to reboot. Im thinking my 300gb hard drive is heading towards being a paper weight.

My Computer

not good..if u are concerned u can test ur HDD with hotCPUTester..or use speedfan...with this u can get a health preview of your HDD..
i'll give u an image of mine

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

My Computer

Back