Windows Update not loading

ITried

When I click on Windows Update, it just hangs with the circle cursor spinning. All that opens up is a white box, and nothing happens. I had no issues running Update 2 days ago. It just started this yesterday out of the blue.

IDK if it is related, but I also can't update drivers in Device Mgr. It just keeps searching the web for drivers, and nothing ever happens.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Intel Core2 Quad 9550
    Memory
    Corsair PC6400 4gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon 4850
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Viewsonic Ultra Bright 19"
Have u tried system restore to an earlier point?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Wipro
    Motherboard
    Intel dq35j0
    Memory
    8 Gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    inter express chipset
    Sound Card
    Realtek
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Wipro
    Screen Resolution
    1024*768
    Hard Drives
    500 gb
    Keyboard
    DELL
    Mouse
    Dell
    Internet Speed
    100 mbps(office lan)
Have u tried system restore to an earlier point?

Not yet. I thought of that this morning, but I have to wait until I get home to see. If some of the other suggestions do not work, then I will try system restore.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Intel Core2 Quad 9550
    Memory
    Corsair PC6400 4gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon 4850
    Monitor(s) Displays
I understand my post 2 don't help -right? Uninstall all protected software -firewall,antivirus,antispyware.Try also this tool Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista, for Windows Server 2008, for Windows Server 2008 R2 Release Candidate, and for Windows 7 Release Candidate
If really nothing help you have probably trouble with CBS keys -and use System Restore

I did try the sfc/scannow, but it did not find any errors. I then tried the FixThis download, which allowed me to access WU, but it would not download. It just sat at 0% for about 10 mins before I quit.

I then did a system restore. After about 30 minutes of running system restore, there was no response. I thought it froze up as System Restore has never taken that long, so I powered off in the middle of system restore. Not a great idea. Registry was corrupted. Luckily, I switched the 1st boot device to the CD/DVD ROM in BIOS, and re-installed Vista clean from scratch. Now everything is fine, and the system is up and running. I just hope I don't encounter this issue again.

Thanks for all the help to everyone.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Intel Core2 Quad 9550
    Memory
    Corsair PC6400 4gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon 4850
    Monitor(s) Displays
Back