Windows Vista reinstallation Help!

SD01

Hi,
I have a DELL lnspiron Laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium.The laptop crashed a week ago and I have tried everything I could to restore it including ' factory restore'. Nothing worked as the system would keep on hanging.I then ran a diagnostic to check the HDD and got and error with a message to replace the HDD drive.Attempted multiple clean install from a back up Vista Business DVD..install progresses till 'Completing Installation ..' and then stops and nothing happens for hours.Spoke to DELL and they wanted £128 to replace the 320 GB disk and send me a Vista Home premium Restore CD.

I bought a new Seagate HDD and have installed it in the laptop and run Vista from the same Vista Business CD..the installation progresses till 'Completing Installation ..' and then does nothing again.If I attempt to close it, it states 'setup cannot be cancelled at this point.'How long do I have to wait for the 'Completing installation..' to be completed?What am I doing wrong? Would appreciate any help /support from the MS Vista/OS gurus out there as i am totally out of my depth now.:huh::cry:

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Inspiron 1545 LAptop
    CPU
    Dual core
    Memory
    4 GB
Back