Wireless card dissapears from device manager list

nealuss

I have an HP dv9208nr laptop which has worked perfectly for me until recently. A few days ago after closing the computer and opening it back up i noticed that the wireless wasn't working. Obviously i checked the switch and the switch was on but the LED was orange indicating that wireless connectivity was turned off. I tried restarting and no luck; after a few other simple fixes didn't work; i went to the device manager and noticed that the wireless card wasn't in the list as it should have been. I tried updating the drivers; nothing. HP techs sent me a link to a service manual and instructed me to reseat the card manually, reset the BIOS, and reinstall the drivers. It didn't work. the next day the computer had found the card as new hardware and installed it. it worked fine for a day; then the same thing happened again. Any ideas?

My Computer

I had the same problem. Shut it down as normal on one day, opened the next, and it was as if it was never there. i use the same network card, and my laptop is a Presario F504EA. i rung the tech guys, and had to format my pc, which didnt work on the wireless card, so i wasnt happy at that, as i had to reload everything! it came down to it having being sent away, for a new card. have you managed to get yours working again at all?

Tatz93

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    AMD X2 1.6 GHz
    Memory
    1 GB DDR SODIMM 200 Pin
    Internet Speed
    10mb/s
No; not yet but like i said the other day it miraculously found the card again and started working but as soon as i restarted it did the same thing again and hasn't worked since. Did the new card work? Any idea how much a replacement card from HP would cost?

thanks for the reply

My Computer

Yes, after i got my laptop back, everything was fine. i am still under warranty, [i am in my first year warranty, but also took out extra] so it was smooth and free for me. could you get yours repaired under warranty at all?

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    AMD X2 1.6 GHz
    Memory
    1 GB DDR SODIMM 200 Pin
    Internet Speed
    10mb/s
no they told me my warranty expired a few days ago and it wasn't covered anymore; oh well i suppose ill just have to get a new card. maybe ill just upgrade.

My Computer

depends which turns out to be chaper or better in the long run.
good luck with the search!

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    AMD X2 1.6 GHz
    Memory
    1 GB DDR SODIMM 200 Pin
    Internet Speed
    10mb/s
Back