Wireless connection

Bosko1320

Hey I'm hoping somebody can help me.
My laptop can connect to the wireless router but not browse the internet. My sisters laptop can browse the internet connection to the same router so I think it is a problem with my laptop.
I have tried
resetting the TCP/IP Stack,
Updating the drivers in the device manager
Resetting the Router to its factory settings

I connected and Ethernet cable from my laptop to the router and this connects fine. I would be very thankful if somebody could help me as this is driving me crazy.

Thanks Kyle

My Computer

Hello Bosko, welcome to the forum.

if you have a problem with your laptop connectivity, it’s much harder to solve! Why? Because there are basically a lot of reasons why an Internet connection may not be functioning properly. I am giving you a link, just try to follow all steps given in this link and hopefully one of them works for you!

Can connect to wireless router, but not to the Internet?

Thanks.
Arvin

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    HP dv2519tu pavillion Laptop
    CPU
    1.50 GHz
    Motherboard
    Winstron
    Memory
    2.5 gig RAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    intel onboard
    Sound Card
    Conexant HD Smart Audio HD2
    Monitor(s) Displays
    HP Brightview Display
    Screen Resolution
    1280X800
    Hard Drives
    SATA - 160 + 500 GB
    PSU
    HP
    Case
    HP Laptop
    Cooling
    Air
    Keyboard
    HP Laptop
    Mouse
    HP
    Internet Speed
    4 MB/SEC-Download, 2 MB/SEC-Upload
Hey I'm hoping somebody can help me.
My laptop can connect to the wireless router but not browse the internet. My sisters laptop can browse the internet connection to the same router so I think it is a problem with my laptop.
I have tried
resetting the TCP/IP Stack,
Updating the drivers in the device manager
Resetting the Router to its factory settings

I connected and Ethernet cable from my laptop to the router and this connects fine. I would be very thankful if somebody could help me as this is driving me crazy.

Thanks Kyle

Hey Bosko,

There is no room for panic in these situations. You can only go on and try the basics first. Check if your connection has been reset, check your modem, router, check the status with your ISP. If everything remains unchanged, then you're gonna wanna turn to more advanced stuff. I can offer some insightful advice and tips in the form of a comprehensive guide.

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Windows 10
Back