Solved WoW and triple monitor setup

2kanchoo

Hi! I have a three monitor setup and play wow. It's cool but I keep getting a error window that shuts the game down like every 10 minutes when flying around, sometimes not for a long time if I don't fly anywhere.

It says: Not enough storage is available to process this command.
File .\MapMem.cpp
Line 505
Requested 1919652 bytes of memory.

I was told this may be due to addons. I only run healbot and recount. I was also told it is filling up the cache and has nowhere to dump or something along those lines. Is there anyway to alot more memory to the cache?

I would like to be able to run wow with three monitors and on full settings but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

System specs:
Intel I7 860 2.8
16gb ddr3 ram
1.5tb hd
ati radeon HD 5850 1gb card
windows 7 64

It was suggested I turn off shadows so I'll start there. Any help and or suggested much appreciated!

Edit: This has been solved, I made an entire new computer, and got a different error 132 all the time. That was solved by forcing the game into direct3d 11 mode. Who would have guessed that it doesn't automatically use directx11.... Page 2 has the new computers specs and some benchmarking information.

Last edited:

My Computer

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Intergrated 7.1 Channel Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell SP2009W 20 inch Flat Panel w Webcam
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Dell USB 4 button optical
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
That's a great write-up thanks a lot! His first recommendation was to turn off shadows as well. I have done that and it does seem to run smoother. I will post back here if that same error comes up again.

My Computer

You do that. We will help as much as we can.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
Hey, thanks for the Rep and kind words. That was nice of you.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
Well an update. Turning off shadows did help a lot but I wanted to be able to run out full out. So I went out and bought a new motherboard (maximus III gene) and another ati radeon 5850, to crossfire.

I just finished getting it all setup (i think) and I tried playing wow with all the settings maxed, and it plays just as ****ty as it did before. :(

I was going to just buy a geforce 580 instead but for 50 more I thought upgrading the weak motherboard, a new case with much better cooling and a second crossfired ati 5850 would do the trick. It seems that isn't the case or I am missing something.

Any ideas would be great. All I want is to be able to run this damn game max settings with no problems. /sigh

My Computer

Another update. I got so fed up with nothing working as well as everyone tells me it should that I'm trashing my entire pc and starting over.

i7 2600k
16gig ddr3
some highend mobo, haven't decided yet
1200w ps
and either 2 asus gtx 580's, or 2 590's, depending on how they do and how much they are.

If that setup wont allow me to run WoW on max settings with 5760x1080 then I give up.

My Computer

Although you are frustrated now, you will be very happy when this does get sorted out, good luck.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
Although you are frustrated now, you will be very happy when this does get sorted out, good luck.
Thanks for the support. I think I've decided on the following:

i7 2600k (with hyperthreading off and eventually OC to around 4.5Ghz)
same 16gig ddr3 1300
asus maximus iv extreme mobo
Zalman cnps9900max-r 135mm cooler
3 - MSI Twin Frozr II/OC GeForce GTX 580
CORSAIR Professional Series AX1200
Antec 100 case with as many fans as I can fit in it. lol

That's right. I got so made I'm getting three vid cards! :mad:

My Computer

Like it except for OC.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
Eveything that OC does can be solved, except one, overheating damage. To me its not worth it. Spend a few bucks more and get a computer that the manufactuer says it can do what you want it to.
Perhaps you may say I dont have the cash to get a computer like that. My response is do you have the money to buy a new computer if you overheat?

That being said, I am not right and you are not wrong. Its a subjective isssue.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
Eveything that OC does can be solved, except one. Overheating damage. To me its not worth it. Spend a few bucks more and get a computer that the manufactuer says it can do what you want it to.
Perhaps you may say I dont have the cash to get a computer like that. My response is do you have the money to buy a new computer if you overheat?

That being said, I am not right and you are not wrong. Its a sujective isssue.

Yea I get what you are saying. I agree it is better to use parts for and how they were designed. I have just been reading so many reviews with people that have them overclocked I thought these new cpus were almost made for it haha. I will get the appropriate software to monitor all temperatures very carefully and I won't (if I do) overclock until I have the utmost confidence in both my and it's, abilities.

Edit: I'll also come back here and post how everything has gone and maybe some benchmark info once it's complete. :)

My Computer

That how the forum works. We will share everything that we know and you do the same; everyone wins. Wish you luck with the puter.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
I decided even if it all fit into my Antec 100 the cooling wouldn't cut it with tri-sli. So I've added this to the list.
- COOLER MASTER HAF X RC-942-KKN1 Black Steel/ Plastic ATX Full Tower Case
- COOLER MASTER Megaflow 200 R4-LUS-07AR-GP 200mm Red LED Case Fan
- COOLER MASTER SickleFlow 120 R4-L2R-20AR-R1 120mm Silent operation Red LED case fan

The extra fans will fill all the empty spots left in the case. The 200 is the second one up top, and the 120 is for inside the gpu air tunnel. A 80 can go on the gpu support beam but I didn't think it was necessary. I've also switched from 3 msi frozr ii cards (that blow the hot air all over inside the case, to 3 evga reference cards that blow the hot air out the back.

My Computer

Don't listen to rich on the overclocking. They don't make 4.5Ghz cpus so how are you going to buy one??
Also computer "companies" don't make computrs for what you want, they make computers for what the majority of people want to buy.

You will have no issues as long as you keep temperatures reasonable, which are quite easy on the sadybridge chips its looking.

I hate the look of coolmaster cases, but the haf x is a great case with tremendous airflow. I'm switching up to a Corsair 650D this weekend for my 950 rig.

Yha getting rear exhausting gpus are a good idea. As much heat out is your smartest thing.

It'll be a beast thats for sure. But you might wanbt to look into the 570s, sliggtly less powerful, but they heat up less.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Dual L5639 // i7 950 @ 4.0Ghz
    Motherboard
    Evga SR-2 // Gigabyte x58a-ud3r
    Memory
    12Gig Corsair XMS3 // 6Gig OCZ Gold
    Graphics Card(s)
    gtx 560 ti // gtx 260-216
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dual 22" // Headless
    Hard Drives
    OCZ aGILITY 3, 120Gig + Seagate 500Gig x 2
    PSU
    Silverstone da700 // Corsair 520hx
    Case
    Rosewill BlackHawk Ultra // Antec 900v1
    Cooling
    Twin CM Hyper 212+ // Noctua NH-u12
    Other Info
    Acer 8930 laptop with x9100...
Well I got all the parts and put em together. Keep in mind this is my first build so the cable management (if you even wanna call it that) is pretty piddle poor. HAHA.

The only things I don't have in it are the dvd drive, the hdd, and the ram because I am taking them out of this computer. Because this is my first build I am going to take it into a local computer shop so they can make sure I didn't screw anything up/install the OS to the ssd/setup bios.

Specs:
- intel i7 2600k

- CORSAIR Professional Series AX1200

- Zalman cnps9900max-r 135mm cooler

- Asus maximus iv extreme mobo

- 3 EVGA SuperClocked 015-P3-1582-AR GeForce GTX 580's

- COOLER MASTER HAF X RC-942-KKN1 ATX Full Tower Computer Case

- 3 COOLER MASTER Megaflow 200 R4-LUS-07AR-GP 200mm Red LED Case Fan

- COOLER MASTER SickleFlow 120 R4-L2R-20AR-R1 120mm Silent operation Red LED case fan

- Xigmatek 140mm red led fan

- Nippon Labs Premium 10 ft. with Digital Dual-link Model DVI 10 DD

- Windows 7 64 (already have it)

- 4x4gig 1333 samsung ddr3. (already have it)

- Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST31500341AS 1.5TB 7200 RPM SATA (already have it)

- Plextor 128gig ssd

Only problems so far, the gpu power cables were a real pain in the bum bum to get into place, they don't bend well. Also the nice back cutout for cooler access isn't big enough/in the right place so you have to put the cooler on before mounting the mobo, which is too bad.

Couple pics:

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

Last edited:

My Computer

very good kanchoo, but just before you get some bad rep, can i suggest that you edit your post to exclude the swearing, we get some kids on here that also need advice, thanks :-)

MrNeeds

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Custom Build
    CPU
    Intel Q6600 @ 2.8GHz
    Motherboard
    Evga NF78-CK-132-A 3-Way SLI
    Memory
    8Gb DDR2 Corsair Dominator @ 1066Mhz 5-5-5-15
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA 560 GTX SC FTW 1GB
    Sound Card
    Realtek ALC888 7.1 Audio, Logitech G35 7.1 Surround Headset
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell S2409W 16:9, HDMi, DVI & VGA
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1080
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 7200rpm 250Gb SATA,
    Samsung 7200rpm 750Gb SATA,
    WD 7200rpm 1TB SCSI SATA.
    PSU
    Xigmatek 750W Quad sli quad core 80% eff
    Case
    Antec 900 Gaming Case
    Cooling
    Zalman CNPS9700-NT NVIDIA Tritium, Dominator RAM cooler
    Keyboard
    Logitech generic keyboard
    Mouse
    Razor Lachesis Banshee V2 Blue, 4000DPI
    Internet Speed
    16Mb Sky bb
    Other Info
    Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows, Wireless Xbox 360 Pad, Wireless Xbox 360 Les Paul Guitar
Well I got her back. Had everything plugged in ok except for the cpu cooler was one pin off. LOL.

I've run 3dmark vantage v1.1. It wouldn't give me a overall score because I guess the drivers 270. are beta? I tried loading the 266 ones but everything screwed up and I ended up having to boot up in safe mode and do a system restore haha.

Anyway with all the settings maxed at 1920x1080 (except post processing scale at 1:2 because I don't know what that means), hyperthreading still on, and the cpu setup as physx, also nothing overclocked (except the cards that came a bit bumped up):

I got graphics score 33209, cpu score 25903. Jane Nash = 98.51 FPS, New Calico = 96.0 FPS, AI Test = 3603.21 operations/s. The coretemp prog reported a max cpu temp of 61c. EVGA precision showed the cards got right up to high 80's and the middle one to 91. Eek. All case fans were on 100% and same with the gpu fans.

Edit: I double checked, the damn gpu shroud fan wasn't plugged in... Idle temps dropped by 10c and it only hit low 80's when running 3dmark. I replaced the 70cfm gpu shroud fan with a 133cfm one. The idle temps stayed the same, the 3dmark temps all stayed low to high 70's. I'm pretty damn happy with that.

Should I make one of the cards a dedicated physx card?

Here's a couple more pics.

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0092.jpg

Edit: Ran the crysis benchmark:
DX10 1920x1080 AA=8x, 64 bit test, Quality: VeryHigh ~~ Last Average FPS: 65.03. Play Time: 36.40s, Average FPS: 54.94 Min FPS: 30.93 at frame 140, Max FPS: 84.61 at frame 1607

With the AA at 16xQ Play Time: 36.83s, Average FPS: 54.3 Min FPS: 29.64 at frame 139, Max FPS: 83.94 at frame 1660

My Computer

That is Awesome dude!
Speechless.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Hewlett-Packard SR5019UK
    CPU
    AMD Athlon 64 processor 3800 + 2.40GHz
    Motherboard
    M2N68-LA (Narra)
    Memory
    2.50GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    nVidia GeForce
    Sound Card
    Realtec ALC888 Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    17" LCD Monitor
    Hard Drives
    160 Gb Usable Hard Drive
    Other Info
    HP G56 Laptop Win 7 64bit. 4Gb Ram DDR2's. Hitachi 450Gb Hard Drive. Pentium(R) Duel-Core CPU.
Back