X Fi and x64

Well for those of you following this saga,my sound lasted until i booted up this morning.....not bad eh !!! 2 whole day's !!!

So out it came till Creative or Microsoft do some thing constructive to make X-Fi work on 64 bit Vista..............but i won't be holding my breath !!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

My Computer

Well for those of you following this saga,my sound lasted until i booted up this morning.....not bad eh !!! 2 whole day's !!!

So out it came till Creative or Microsoft do some thing constructive to make X-Fi work on 64 bit Vista..............but i won't be holding my breath !!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Well, if it makes you feel any better (not that it really should), this is a somewhat common problem. You may be able to do soemthing as simple as restart to get the sound back.

My brother and I have both had a problem with sound quitting on us randomly since we changed computers this summer. He's on Vista x32, I'm on x64. I'm just kind of rolling with it, since I'm usually good for a couple days without a problem. A restart seems to fix it, so I'm just hoping that SP1 will take care of whatever is left of the problem.

My Computer

was gonna leave it till sp1.............................but decided to give it ANOTHER go and it worked 1st time so here we go again

Any normal person would have told creative to poke it but not one to admit defeat easily i'll keep plodding on & on & on & on.

See you in another couple of days (Hopefully Not)

FightingScallion cheers for all your help up to now

My Computer

Just wondering about two things btw.

1. Anyone know if Microsoft have planned to fix support for 6.1 surroundsystems in Vista? (It's currently not supported)

2. Anyone else having problems with the console launcher automaticly turns off the Line-out output and shifts to enable microphone output? Quite annoying, as when that happens, my sound turns crispy and bad, and have to alt+tab out of games to shift back again, before the console shifts it back after an hour or two again...

My Computer

Well I haven't been able to get my mic working properly in games AT ALL (for good) yet so consider yourself lucky. It sounds like I'm underwater, and sometimes there is this clicking noise.....every once in a while it will work, but it's been a while.

My Computer

My X-Fi worked just fine with Vista 64, except for microphone in, which had near constant interference, making it unusable. Reverting to XP solved it, so I can only assume it was the drivers for V64.

The Audio out was perfect for all applications.

I am about to take the 64 bit plunge and am a bit concerned as I have heard that Creatives driver support for 64 bit is not up to par. I was hoping someone can tell me from direct experience if I should just stick with the Realtek onboard sound.

My Computer

I dont know if it has been posted here yet but Creative Labs is offering the Vista Software and Drivers disk free. heres a link. It doesnt specify if its 32 or 64 bit. just Vista so i'd like to assume it works with both. I'll let you know.

Creative Labs: Products - The leader in Digital Entertainment for your PC and the Internet

I dont know if the drivers are any newer than what you are running though and am still waiting to receive mine so cant offer any reviews yet.

Last edited:

My Computer

Correct me if i'm wrong,But i can't find Xtreme gamer down loads any more on the creative site ? xtreme music yes ! and the driver for that say's its for the x Fi series ???

Weird ?

My Computer

Back