• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Solved Zip and unzip

americancritic

Vista Guru
Gold Member
Yes I did use the link and downloaded it to the download's but I have not yet set it up as I am reading the tutorial first before I double click it or should I run it as administrator...

americancritic

Vista Guru
Gold Member
OK so I would not have a problem with 7zip as far as opening all mini dump files for BSOD's.

I would use it if I knew it was good for that...Please respond thank you

americancritic

Shadowjk

Network Enthusiast
Vista Guru
Gold Member
Try to extract the Files to a temp location like your Desktop then Open them manually in Windbg

File > Open a Crash dump

If this works then I would associate .DMP Files with WinDbg

H2S04 said:
Register WinDBG as the default handler for dump files
Another entirely optional step that makes life easier. By registering WinDBG (the main debugger you'll want to use) as the default handler for common dump file types, you'll be able to double-click on a dump and have it open in WinDBG without having to go through the "File | Open..." menu operation every time. This registration needs to be performed from an elevated CMD prompt (run CMD as administrator):

C:\>cd debuggers
C:\debuggers>windbg.exe -IA

information   Information
You will nedd to replace "debuggers" with the Root of WinDbg

For Example - cd C:\Program Files\Debugging Tools for Windows (x64)

Hope This Helps,
Josh

americancritic

Vista Guru
Gold Member
Hello to all.

I have a small problem trying to install the windgb, this is what it says. Ok I uploaded a screenshot. I did download from the link you provided, just about 5 miniutes ago I tried to go ahead and install and this is what came up. Thank you for your help.

Tom

americancritic

Vista Guru
Gold Member
I downloaded the link you gave to me, but I did not open it, and went a head and tryied to install it a few minutes ago. When I doubled clicked it to go a head and install it that is what I got it did not give me anything like what you are showing me in your screenshot, it just gave me that box.

Do you want me to go a head and click ok on that box and then see what is does or is there another way you want me to try.

Thank you THW for all your help, I know you have other things to do besides this so it is very nice of you to take some time with me so I don't make any mistakes on this.

Tom

MrNeeds

PC Geek
Vista Guru
Gold Member
I downloaded the link you gave to me, but I did not open it, and went a head and tryied to install it a few minutes ago. When I doubled clicked it to go a head and install it that is what I got it did not give me anything like what you are showing me in your screenshot, it just gave me that box.

Do you want me to go a head and click ok on that box and then see what is does or is there another way you want me to try.

Thank you THW for all your help, I know you have other things to do besides this so it is very nice of you to take some time with me so I don't make any mistakes on this.

Tom
Download details: Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Web Installer) install this Tom then run the installer again.

americancritic

Vista Guru
Gold Member
Hello and thanks I was just surffing the net looking for the framework to download, It said that I only have some of it downloaded which must be the the one from reg download updates.

Thanks I will download and then try the orther again.

Tom

americancritic

Vista Guru
Gold Member
Hello and OK the framework 4 is installed, now I am trying to install the windbg and I get to this point and need to know what I should do, here is a screenshot.

Thanks

Tom

Gentlemen I haven't got much further. We need to find and read the instructions.
I think they are posted either here or in 7 Forums.
I am waiting for Rich to come back from vacation but the BSOD Squad guys are buried.
Would love to learn and maybe help out.