Call of Duty 4

What video cards are most of you running while playing this game? I know many have 8800's but some of us cannot afford that just yet :P I have two 7800GT's..i hope that the FPS is better in the retail version vrs the demo.

My Computer

im running a 2900XT

havent tried fixing the problem yet Crysis came out and have been playing it

has patch fixed the crashing problem for anyone?

RellikZephyr

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Self Build
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6850
    Motherboard
    Asus P5K
    Memory
    4GB Geil DDR2 PC2-6400
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD 2900XT
    Sound Card
    Bose Companion 5 Speakers
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Asus 24" + HP 17"
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    Seagate 500G SATA 7200RPM X 3
    PSU
    Thermaltake Truepower 850W
    Case
    Thermaltake Kandalf LCS
    Cooling
    Liquid Cooling (Kandalf)
    Keyboard
    Logitech G15
    Mouse
    Logitech G5
    Internet Speed
    ADSL 8Mb
Installed and run perfectly on Vista x64, ATI 1950Pro, 2Gb Memory. @ 1680x1050.
Completed the game now too.. :(

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    AMD Phenom II x4 965
    Motherboard
    Asus M4A77TD Pro
    Memory
    4Gb DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVidia 9600GT PCI-Express Silent
    Monitor(s) Displays
    19" HP LCD
    Screen Resolution
    1440 x 900
    Hard Drives
    3 x 1Tb SATA
    1 x 500Gb External
    + Backup Drives
    PSU
    650Watt Silent
    Case
    Midi Tower
    Keyboard
    Saitek Illuminated USB
    Mouse
    Wireless Optical (Battery Free! - Powered thru Mousemat)
    Internet Speed
    20Mb Download 750K Upload (Soon to be higher, hopefully!)
Completed the game now too.. :(

ya took 4 hour boring clips shots all over too. Multiplayer is not impressive. And server filter is useless. Like I want to see plus 300 ping servers? please. If you haven't bought it wait for it to be discounted and made compatible with Dx10.

Ohh ya now that I installed Dx9c it runs but BF 2142 is messed up. So if want to avoid trouble just skip COD 4. The graphics really aren't that cool.

My Computer

Ignore what this guy says hes talking utter rubbish. DX10 works fine on CoD4 and 80% of the servers I see have pings of 100 or less. Multiplayer is good fun and yes if you play single player on Easy it will take you 4 hours, on hard it will take double that.

Great game, works fine, nuff said.

My Computer

Single player worked great for me smooth and fun looked really good was surprised it was dx9

but multiplayer wont even start, i start game, screen goes black (for loading), then screen greys a bit (as if starting a movie) then it crashes

yes i do own game (not downloaded)

OS is Vista x64

dunno...

RellikZephyr

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Self Build
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6850
    Motherboard
    Asus P5K
    Memory
    4GB Geil DDR2 PC2-6400
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD 2900XT
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Asus 24" + HP 17"
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Case
    Thermaltake Kandalf LCS
    Cooling
    Liquid Cooling (Kandalf)
    Keyboard
    Logitech G15
    Mouse
    Logitech G5
    Internet Speed
    ADSL 8Mb
Running just fine for me. In fact it's all I've played for about 3-days. :p I hope those of you having problems running it online are able to sort it out. This may be the best tactical shooter yet.

My Computer

Anyone having any lag spike issues? I have a pretty good computer. I have set up port forwarding, Ill run the game as admin. I really dont know what eles to do from my end other than call my ISP, but I only spike while playing COD 4. Anyone have any suggestions?

My Computer

I tried installing CoD4, but when I try to run the game, it tells me mss32.dll isn't a valid x64bit program, (or something near that)
Is there a fix for that, or an update?

My Computer

Muliplayer Very Disappointing....

Single player game is fantastic - some really innovative stuff in there - the sniper round and the C130 gunner is amazing.

But the multiplayer is terrible! I love Battlefield 2, and was hoping for something with such depth and enjoyment, but COD 4 multiplayer is like Quake wars - everyone dies every 10 seconds. No vehicles. It's like arcade mode.

Battlefield 3 is in production - Can't wait! :cool:

My Computer

Anyone having any lag spike issues? I have a pretty good computer. I have set up port forwarding, Ill run the game as admin. I really dont know what eles to do from my end other than call my ISP, but I only spike while playing COD 4. Anyone have any suggestions?

are you using wireless network?

is the lag occurring about every minute?

it might be the thing where vista does some check with wireless every 60secs not sure what as i dont use wireless but i remember reading somewhere on this site about lag spikes and it was attributed to vista and wireless settings

RellikZephyr

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Self Build
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6850
    Motherboard
    Asus P5K
    Memory
    4GB Geil DDR2 PC2-6400
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD 2900XT
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Asus 24" + HP 17"
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Case
    Thermaltake Kandalf LCS
    Cooling
    Liquid Cooling (Kandalf)
    Keyboard
    Logitech G15
    Mouse
    Logitech G5
    Internet Speed
    ADSL 8Mb
No problems for me with CoD 4.

I'm getting fine graphics with a x1950xt, and multiplayer is running fine.

I prefer the multiplayer to CS:S or BF2, I've grown fond of unlocking things every few hours. And depending on the servers you can actually find indepth gameplay.

My Computer

I play COD4 and COD2. I tried playing 4 both wired and wirelessly (spelling) and I didn't see any difference.

Lag is going to come from a couple places. a) Is the server your playing being beat'n to death? b) how far away are you from the server? It doesn't do much good complaining if your in California and the server is in Spain, hence expect lag. c) even in vista, for mp play are your graphic options set to high? Try setting them to optimal and then start tweaking from there. d) lag also might be from the map as well, the more stuff happening in the map the more info transmitted the more the game as to compute what to do.

You can't start slamming COD4 yet for mp maps. It's new. It's going to take sometime before you get some good custom maps out and sometime before inifity ward release perhaps some more stock maps. Patients!

I can tell you this. If you play in the US head over to FritzMods there is a good COD2 server there (low ping) and a couple of COD4 servers (low ping too). Maybe I'll see you over there! I go by {FM}DevilGod{420!} :cool:

Regards!

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 @ 2.66Ghz
    Motherboard
    Abit IP35 Pro
    Memory
    4Gb Patriot PC1600
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA (Nvidia) GT 430 1GB
    Sound Card
    On board
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Syncmaster 2494
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1080
So I installed Vista because I got an 8800gt and I wanted dx10. Everything is going well till I decide to install a game. Well.. here's where it stands

I ran into this problem about a 1/4 of the way through but i just clicked retry and it worked. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here's a ss of the actual file its having a hard time finding

My Computer

Back