Internet Explorer 8 slow to open

I'd be vary cautious about any file wanting to automatically remove any protections automatically set by your browser. If you need to tweak those settings it's best to learn what they are/do then manually set them.

The fastest and easiest way to remove these entries and dramatically increase Internet Explorer 8’s speed is to use the DelDomains package. Right click on this link and save the file to your desktop. Next, right-click on the downloaded file (DelDomains.inf) and select “Install.” The package will remove all Internet Explorer restricted sites, enhanced security configuration zones and trusted sites.

Just my two cents

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Custom Built
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz
    Motherboard
    Intel D975XBX2
    Memory
    Corsair TWIN2X4096-PC8500 (2x2GHz)
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD 4890 (1GHz)
    Sound Card
    X-Fi Titanium - Fatality Pro Series
    Monitor(s) Displays
    hp w2207h (22" widescreen)
    Screen Resolution
    1680 x 1050
    Hard Drives
    One 750GB, 2x500GB Western Digital Caviar Black Hard Drives (32meg)
    PSU
    Antec Neo HE 550
    Case
    Antec P182
    Cooling
    Zalman CNPS9500 AT
    Keyboard
    Logitech Wireless Wave
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Revolution
    Internet Speed
    "High" Speed DSL? Is that like low speed FIOS?
    Other Info
    Q6600 B3 Revision OC to 3.0GHz
Try iexplore.exe -extoff
It seems as if a 3rd party addons is causing this issue.
Also install Java.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Compaq
    CPU
    intel core 2 duo T 5550 @ 1.83 MHz
    Motherboard
    intel 965 chipset family
    Memory
    2 GB DDR 2 SD RAM @ 667 MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    On board upto 358 MB RAM
    Sound Card
    Onboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    15"
    Hard Drives
    160 GB WDC
Dinesh and Sygnus21: than ks for your suggestions. I've reverted to IE7 bercause too many things were happening. The most annotying is the 15 seconds it took to open (most of the time was spent on "connecting" once the browser window opened). I also found that some addresses would not open (consumersenergy.com for example) and reverting to IE7 made it possible. BTW I have Vista 32, but I don't think that is significant.

I am baffled at the fact that the lsit of blocked addresses would slow opening IE8 although I can imagine it is possible. The problem with the procedure is that if I remove them and then find out it didn't work I possibly have the situation that IE7 will also lack those entries and I would not want that. I also do not know what exactly is being removed. OR, if someone knows how a list can be made (copy, paste doesn't work) please let me know.

Dinesh: what is meant by "Try iexplore.exe -extoff"?

My Computer

Dinesh and Sygnus21: than ks for your suggestions. I've reverted to IE7 bercause too many things were happening. The most annotying is the 15 seconds it took to open (most of the time was spent on "connecting" once the browser window opened). I also found that some addresses would not open (consumersenergy.com for example) and reverting to IE7 made it possible. BTW I have Vista 32, but I don't think that is significant.

I am baffled at the fact that the lsit of blocked addresses would slow opening IE8 although I can imagine it is possible. The problem with the procedure is that if I remove them and then find out it didn't work I possibly have the situation that IE7 will also lack those entries and I would not want that. I also do not know what exactly is being removed. OR, if someone knows how a list can be made (copy, paste doesn't work) please let me know.

Dinesh: what is meant by "Try iexplore.exe -extoff"?

Something went screwy for you then because mine opens just as fast as IE7. All I did was install, I didn't even mess with any settings.

Two things you can try next time you install IE8 - running in "Compatibility" mode on website that allow it, and turning "Protected Mode" off.

And the flavor of Vista shouldn't make any difference with regards to IE8.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Custom Built
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz
    Motherboard
    Intel D975XBX2
    Memory
    Corsair TWIN2X4096-PC8500 (2x2GHz)
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD 4890 (1GHz)
    Sound Card
    X-Fi Titanium - Fatality Pro Series
    Monitor(s) Displays
    hp w2207h (22" widescreen)
    Screen Resolution
    1680 x 1050
    Hard Drives
    One 750GB, 2x500GB Western Digital Caviar Black Hard Drives (32meg)
    PSU
    Antec Neo HE 550
    Case
    Antec P182
    Cooling
    Zalman CNPS9500 AT
    Keyboard
    Logitech Wireless Wave
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Revolution
    Internet Speed
    "High" Speed DSL? Is that like low speed FIOS?
    Other Info
    Q6600 B3 Revision OC to 3.0GHz
I am having the same experience... My home page is google.com/ig - IE7 (both 32 & 64 bit) opened in a second or two - new tabs opening to the same home page took about the same amount of time. Now with IE8 I am seeing 10 - 15 seconds to open the home page, and a new tab is taking 8 - 12 seconds. I suffer from the impatience of youth. One would think that Vista Ultimate 64 withg two dual core 3GHz processors, 28GB of memory, 15K RPM drives and a Gigabit Network card would deliver better performance.

Here are the opening times for my other browsers with the same google.com/ig home page:

Safari: Blink of the eye
Firefox 1 -2 seconds
Opera 2 - 3 seconds
Flock 2 - 3 seconds
Chrome 2- 3 seconds

I may back off to IE 7 this afternoon and wait for improvements...

My Computer

I've reverted to IE7. since there is no sensible way to delete the over 400 rsrricted sites that have accumulated and then reinstate them in case the sites are necessary, I'll just wait for IE8 fixes and a version that does not require me to do the development for MS.

My Computer

If you have Spybot search and destroy you will want to disable the immunize function. I downloaded IE 8 today and discovered a large period of lag time (15 seconds or more) in the program opening up. I ended up uninstalling then reinstalling after I read about the Spybot problem. After the reinstall and turning off the immunity function I found IE 8 worked just fine.. Spybot has recognized the issue on their home page as well. Hope this info helps others that received this unkind surprise after downloading this "critical update" from Microsoft.

My Computer

That may have been the problem (Spybot was installed). I've since moved to another PC and the problem does not exist there. I'll get back to the other PC later this week and try what you suggested. THANKS!

My Computer

I'm afraid I found it immediately to be slow and irritating to use, so I have uninstalled and gone back to IE7 which runs pretty well on the whole.

Problems with IE8 were slow initial loading, dreadfully slow tab opening and slow initial page loads. A few other minor irritations not worthy of mention.

I tried a couple of the "speed up" tweaks posted on the net to no avail, and on moving back to IE7 everything runs just fine again.

As I'm a web developer, I can't be bothered with wasting time trying to sort out problems with new browsers, unfortunately. FF upgrades for example seem to run well with no noticeable downsides. Surely MS can do a better job than this?

My Computer

Try this, Worked for me
This is a post from by Ed Bott

1. Click Start, then click Run.
2. In the Run dialog box, type cmd and press Enter.

3. In the Command Prompt window, enter this text and press Enter:
regsvr32 actxprxy.dll
4. Restart your computer.
FOR WINDOWS VISTA/WINDOWS 7

1. Type cmd in the Start menu Search box.
2. Right-click the Cmd shortcut that appears at the top of the search results list, Under Programs, as shown here.

3. Choose Run As Administrator.
4. In the Command Prompt window, enter this text and press Enter:
regsvr32 actxprxy.dll
5. Restart your computer.
If this works for you, let me know in the comments below…

My Computer

Cody,

I am having the same or similar problems with Vista. Pages load slowly or only partially. If I hit Refresh, that sometimes works, and sometimes I have to refresh 2-3 times. The website home page for this forum took 4 minutes to load! I am using IE7 now, but have tried to open the site on another browser (Sea Monkey) and it has been 15 minutes, but nothing has loaded. Refresh didn't do anything. The slow loading and partial page loading problem occurs with Firefox, too. It also occurred with IE8. As I thought that was the problem, I reverted to IE7.
Thanks for any help you can offer.
My system is Vista Home Premium 64 bit; 4 G of RAM, 1 T hard disk space. Computer is about 3 weeks old.

My Computer

System One

• Memory
    4 G
IE8 pages slow to load

I tried the CMD action recommended, and it did seem to help a bit. IE opens fast, but there are still too many pages that "stick." I have to hit Reload once, twice or three times to get the pages to open. (This was one of them!), so I am wondering if there is something inherent in Vista that is causing this.

My Computer

System One

• Memory
    4 G
I am having problems with a website opening. www.kingdomlifetv.com. Its faster to open in firefox and safari, but on internet explorer 8 it takes almost 2-3 minutes some time. At least 20 of my friends have said the same thing.

I was Wondering if anyone knows why this is. I have reduced the size of the thumbnail graphics, changed servers and explorer 8 is still so slow.

In fact at one time it kept coming up with an error message 404 and 504 so I disabled a lot of the functions and have it on private viewing only, and I have not had the error messages in ages. However that still did not help the site to load up faster. any ideas.

Thanks

My Computer

I down loaded the Internet Explorer 8, is it normal to take 13 seconds to open?
I did not time the I.E. 7, but it was a lot faster to open. Furthermore, I did not notice any improvements, if there are any, please let me know. Thanks

Clean the browsing history and the internet cache.

My Computer

Have IE open to blank page.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Custom
    CPU
    AMD AM2 6000+
    Motherboard
    Nvidia M2N-E SLI
    Graphics Card(s)
    GeForce 7600GT
    Screen Resolution
    1280x1024
    Hard Drives
    WD
    Case
    Cooler Master
    Cooling
    Three fans
    Keyboard
    Dell Quietkey
    Mouse
    Dell Optical
    Internet Speed
    10 MBPS
Go to the Advanced tab in Internet Options. Near the bottom, click the Reset User Preferences button.

You'll need to close out IE and relaunch it. It will then bring up the dialog box that steps you through setting up IE. Go through it and turn off EVERYTHING:

1. Turn off accelerators
  2. Turn off updates to search engines
  3. Turn off sending stats to MS
  4. Turn off compatability mode

I think there's some more, but I'm not at my IE8 machine, but this has helped considerably. Once you've changed all of this, close out IE and launch it one more time and you should see an increase in your initial web page coming up. I know mine went from 45+ seconds to around 5-10 seconds.

Definitely, all the new "enhancements" that IE8 gives causes severe problems for many people.

My Computer

I have the same problem with Internet Explorer 8, I have tried all of the above recommendations and when I tried to download and install it again only to be told the version I have is a more recent one than the one I am attempting to download... I still have the delayed response time.. any further ideas? echo69

My Computer

Back