Memory
    3 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDEA GeForce
    Hard Drives
    sata
WOW,
what district attorney office do you work for sygnus21? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I'm waiting for some people to give their experience with IE8 in the next few days. someone has complained that they can't use their favorites.

You lost me there but OK. LOL

Never mind I see what you're referring to :D:D:D LOL

I was just curious ;)

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Custom Built
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz
    Motherboard
    Intel D975XBX2
    Memory
    Corsair TWIN2X4096-PC8500 (2x2GHz)
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD 4890 (1GHz)
    Sound Card
    X-Fi Titanium - Fatality Pro Series
    Monitor(s) Displays
    hp w2207h (22" widescreen)
    Screen Resolution
    1680 x 1050
    Hard Drives
    One 750GB, 2x500GB Western Digital Caviar Black Hard Drives (32meg)
    PSU
    Antec Neo HE 550
    Case
    Antec P182
    Cooling
    Zalman CNPS9500 AT
    Keyboard
    Logitech Wireless Wave
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Revolution
    Internet Speed
    "High" Speed DSL? Is that like low speed FIOS?
    Other Info
    Q6600 B3 Revision OC to 3.0GHz
I have a problem on my XP pro workstation at work. I un-installed IE8 RC1 just like at home on my Vista x64 machine. I then installed IE8 final. Now all the icons in the tray show all the time. I can't even manually hide them. That is one thin I noticed. It IS the right version (for XP). It has to have something to do with IE....the icons were hidden before the download. Anyone else seen this?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    The Terminator
    CPU
    Core 2 Quad
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte EP45-UD3P
    Memory
    4X2GB GSkill 1066Mhz
    Graphics Card(s)
    GeForce 9500 GT
    Sound Card
    Realtek
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung SyncMaster 932 bw 19" and Syncmaster 2033 20"
    Screen Resolution
    1440 X 900 and 1600 X 900
    Hard Drives
    Patriot Torqx 128GB SSD
    WD Black 640GB
    PSU
    Corsair 750HX
    Case
    Lian Li PC-B70
    Cooling
    Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro 7
    Keyboard
    An old e-machines PS-2 (I have HUGE fingers and it works)
    Mouse
    Microsoft wireless laser mouse 5000
    Internet Speed
    7 Mps
I have a problem on my XP pro workstation at work. I un-installed IE8 RC1 just like at home on my Vista x64 machine. I then installed IE8 final. Now all the icons in the tray show all the time. I can't even manually hide them. That is one thin I noticed. It IS the right version (for XP). It has to have something to do with IE....the icons were hidden before the download. Anyone else seen this?
No I do not have that problem either, but I will download the IE8 final version on our other PC with Windows XP Home and report back.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    HP a6418f
    CPU
    AMD Athlon 64 x2 5200+
    Motherboard
    MCP61PM-HM (Nettle3)
    Memory
    3 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDEA GeForce
    Hard Drives
    sata
I restarted again and now the icons are working fine. I got a little jumpy there. haha Everthing looks good now.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    The Terminator
    CPU
    Core 2 Quad
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte EP45-UD3P
    Memory
    4X2GB GSkill 1066Mhz
    Graphics Card(s)
    GeForce 9500 GT
    Sound Card
    Realtek
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung SyncMaster 932 bw 19" and Syncmaster 2033 20"
    Screen Resolution
    1440 X 900 and 1600 X 900
    Hard Drives
    Patriot Torqx 128GB SSD
    WD Black 640GB
    PSU
    Corsair 750HX
    Case
    Lian Li PC-B70
    Cooling
    Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro 7
    Keyboard
    An old e-machines PS-2 (I have HUGE fingers and it works)
    Mouse
    Microsoft wireless laser mouse 5000
    Internet Speed
    7 Mps
I have no issues on the Windows XP home either with IE 8. It does seem to load a tad faster than with the IE 7. I uninstalled my Norton 360 as it seem to cause a problem with the shut down of the pc with Vista.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    HP a6418f
    CPU
    AMD Athlon 64 x2 5200+
    Motherboard
    MCP61PM-HM (Nettle3)
    Memory
    3 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDEA GeForce
    Hard Drives
    sata
Hello CodygIE8team,
Would you be kind enough to tell me if the final version of the IE8 will be offered through the WU?
I am running VISTA Ultimate 64bit version of the OS.
I tried the WU few times today but the IE8 is not offered through that. Do you know if that will ever happen?
Thanking you for an answer.
Snow

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS/Dimension 410/9200
    CPU
    ViiV Dual Core E6400 [2.13Ghz, 1066Mhz]
    Memory
    4GB. Dual Channel 4 x 1024 800MHz DDR2
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia GeForce 7950 1GB
    Monitor(s) Displays
    UK/Irish flat panel 2007FP 20" Ultrasharp [DVI-D] Black Hight Ajustable
    Hard Drives
    640GB [2 X 320GB] SATA Stripe RAID 0
    Keyboard
    Keyboard&Mouse Dell Wireless Bluetooth & Optical Mouse
    Internet Speed
    8MB/sec
I have the same problem and did not change any settings, add any add-ins. The answers Cody gives are a cop out. If IE8 is better it should also open as quickly. Is there a way to revert to IE 7? Seems to be the best option barring a sensible answer or fix. Anyone out there knows a safe procedure? (I also seem to have IE8 wanting to revert to a different home page every time the desktop is booted (MSN...did you guess?)
thanks

My Computer

I'm not updating anything now until windows 10;
the ("you can't do anything without M$ & we know what you are doing") OS comes out. :roflmao:

That goes for the OS and IE

thanks for the smile,

Carmine

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    gateway/m6881
    CPU
    centrino core 2 duo 2.2ghz T7500
    Memory
    3GB
    Hard Drives
    500GB WD
    Mouse
    logitech
    Internet Speed
    fios 35MB not!!!!
Hey vistaFRUST, try to re-install IE8, it worked for me. The browser opens now quicker than with IE7. the same on our Windows XP Home.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    HP a6418f
    CPU
    AMD Athlon 64 x2 5200+
    Motherboard
    MCP61PM-HM (Nettle3)
    Memory
    3 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDEA GeForce
    Hard Drives
    sata
Thanks. I tried to reinstall but it tells me a newer version of IE exists. It seems to me that iti is possible I installed an XP IE8 version and I have Vista....thought that would not be allowed, but it is the only explanation I have. Tried disabling all the add ins, but did not make a difference.
I have to see ifI can revert back to IE7

My Computer

I downloaded IE8 over IE8 RC1 and now have the same problem. It takes about 3-4 seconds to get to the browser, then another 3-4 seconds before it will open my home page. This did not happen with IE8 RC1. I did a system restore to an earlier date then uninstalled IE8 RC1 then re-installed IE8 but the same problem still exists. I also disabled all add-ons with no luck.
Another problem is I now receive "Internet Explorer has stopped working" every time I go to www.tsn.ca that worked fine until this update. Any suggestions?
Thanks Gord

My Computer

I have after a long thought installed the IE8.
I first downloaded to my desk top. Then clicked on the download to run as administrator. The install was perfect. Once to boot up.
Now the IE opens up my Homepage in lightening speed. Less than 2 seconds from the time I click on the IE icon to reach my homepage.
I run on Vista Ultimate 64 bit.
Wonderful indeed.
snow

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS/Dimension 410/9200
    CPU
    ViiV Dual Core E6400 [2.13Ghz, 1066Mhz]
    Memory
    4GB. Dual Channel 4 x 1024 800MHz DDR2
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia GeForce 7950 1GB
    Monitor(s) Displays
    UK/Irish flat panel 2007FP 20" Ultrasharp [DVI-D] Black Hight Ajustable
    Hard Drives
    640GB [2 X 320GB] SATA Stripe RAID 0
    Keyboard
    Keyboard&Mouse Dell Wireless Bluetooth & Optical Mouse
    Internet Speed
    8MB/sec
snowshine-
Although there hasn't been an official timeframe announced for the availability of IE8 through Windows Update, it should be made available at some point. Folks who are using IE8 RC1 should be notified of the Windows Update availability prior to the rest of the public. If you can't wait for WU, a manual download will accomplish the same thing, though!
vistaFRUST, sorry you're having problems, I haven't seen that particular issue pop up yet. Have you tried taking a look at some of the forums at Community Bookmarks - Microsoft TechNet? That's a fairly handy resource where you might be able to encounter other folks with similar issues. Let me know how it goes!
Thanks,
Cody
Internet Explorer Outreach Team

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS M1330
    Memory
    4GB
snowshine-
Although there hasn't been an official timeframe announced for the availability of IE8 through Windows Update, it should be made available at some point. Folks who are using IE8 RC1 should be notified of the Windows Update availability prior to the rest of the public. If you can't wait for WU, a manual download will accomplish the same thing, though!
vistaFRUST, sorry you're having problems, I haven't seen that particular issue pop up yet. Have you tried taking a look at some of the forums at Community Bookmarks - Microsoft TechNet? That's a fairly handy resource where you might be able to encounter other folks with similar issues. Let me know how it goes!
Thanks,
Cody

I can't imagine any other forum better that this one but good luck:eek:

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    gateway/m6881
    CPU
    Memory
    3GB
    Hard Drives
    500GB WD
    Mouse
    logitech
    Internet Speed
    fios 35MB not!!!!
snowshine-
Thanks,
Cody

It's curoius that he didn't post this "official" Microsoft IE8 download link - Internet Explorer 8: Home page. As a member of the "Internet Explorer Outreach Team" I would have thought this would have been mentioned, especially since so many people have concerns about the validity of this latest release. Hmmm....

By the way you can also find "official" links posted in the "Vista News" forum here - http://www.vistax64.com/vista-news/217263-internet-explorer-8-released-progress-unmistakable.html and here - http://www.vistax64.com/vista-news/217231-ie8-final-release-today.html

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Custom Built
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz
    Motherboard
    Intel D975XBX2
    Memory
    Corsair TWIN2X4096-PC8500 (2x2GHz)
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD 4890 (1GHz)
    Sound Card
    X-Fi Titanium - Fatality Pro Series
    Monitor(s) Displays
    hp w2207h (22" widescreen)
    Screen Resolution
    1680 x 1050
    Hard Drives
    One 750GB, 2x500GB Western Digital Caviar Black Hard Drives (32meg)
    PSU
    Antec Neo HE 550
    Case
    Antec P182
    Cooling
    Zalman CNPS9500 AT
    Keyboard
    Logitech Wireless Wave
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Revolution
    Internet Speed
    "High" Speed DSL? Is that like low speed FIOS?
    Other Info
    Q6600 B3 Revision OC to 3.0GHz
snowshine-
Thanks,
Cody

It's curoius that he didn't post this "official" Microsoft IE8 download link - Internet Explorer 8: Home page. As a member of the "Internet Explorer Outreach Team" I would have thought this would have been mentioned, especially since so many people have concerns about the validity of this latest release. Hmmm....

By the way you can also find "official" links posted in the "Vista News" forum here - http://www.vistax64.com/vista-news/217263-internet-explorer-8-released-progress-unmistakable.html and here - http://www.vistax64.com/vista-news/217231-ie8-final-release-today.html

have U read the

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    gateway/m6881
    CPU
    Memory
    3GB
    Hard Drives
    500GB WD
    Mouse