Recycle bin corrupted big time

Q1) It depends on the program, but usually you have the option to save (SAVE AS) to the location of your choice for a file.

Q2) You will need to open the location that you pasted the files to, then you should be able to see them.

Q3) The choice is up to on which way you wanted to do this, but either way you will need to create backups of the files that you do not want to lose first. You might also consider calling a freind over that has more experience on working with computers to also help guide you through this since it's just not quite the same as through our posts.

Not to worry though. We'll get you there eventually. :)

My Computers

System One System Two

• Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Manufacturer/Model
    Custom
    CPU
    Intel i7-8700K 5 GHz
    Motherboard
    ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula Z390
    Memory
    64 GB (4x16GB) G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4 3600 MHz (F4-3600C18D-32GTZR)
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING
    Sound Card
    Integrated Digital Audio (S/PDIF)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    2 x Samsung Odyssey G7 27"
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1440
    Hard Drives
    1TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2,
    4TB Samsung 990 PRO PRO M.2,
    8TB WD MyCloudEX2Ultra NAS
    PSU
    Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W
    Case
    Thermaltake Core P3
    Cooling
    Corsair Hydro H115i
    Keyboard
    Logitech wireless K800
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Master 3
    Internet Speed
    1 Gb/s Download and 35 Mb/s Upload
    Other Info
    Logitech Z625 speaker system,
    Logitech BRIO 4K Pro webcam,
    HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fdn,
    APC SMART-UPS RT 1000 XL - SURT1000XLI,
    Galaxy S23 Plus phone
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro
    Manufacturer/Model
    HP Envy Y0F94AV
    CPU
    i7-7500U @ 2.70 GHz
    Memory
    16 GB DDR4-2133
    Graphics card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 940MX
    Sound Card
    Conexant ISST Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    17.3" UHD IPS touch
    Screen Resolution
    3480 x 2160
    Hard Drives
    512 GB M.2 SSD
shawn im sitting here doing exactly what you said to do... I have created a new user. so i have my current NANCY(original) and new one, nancyshome.... in current one i went to C users NANCY CONTACTS i clicked on contacts and opened it, there i see all my email contacts. i clicked on organize and select all then copy , THEN i switched over to NEW user and did same thing, c user nancyshome contacts and clicked on it to open contacts folder THEN pasted in the blank space within contacts folder... was that all done right??

if so, why do i NOT see anything? folder is empty still.... i switched back and tried it with DOCUMENTS... it did same thing.... so if im doing what u said to do why cant i SEE what i copied ???

what i just thought id try is this...i am LOGGED IN to both user accounts....so i switch to my original account, now i go to start then computer and C and user nancy(original). now i have the window that shows all the items, 17, app data contacts etc etc so i size the window smaller on my desktop.... THEN what i did was go to start again and do same thing, only this time use NEW username, so now i have 2 windows with old and new accounts... i OPENED contacts IN BOTH windows and thought id try to drag it in to new, but it didnt work. i copied and pasted the way you said and it didnt work...

so what is it am i doing wrong?? why wont the CONTENTS INSIDE the folder copy and then paste inside the other folder?

My Computer

Nancy,

Do all of this while logged in the new account. When you try to open the old Nancy user account folders from within the new account, you will need to allow permission when prompted by UAC to open them. Afterwards, you should then be able to copy and paste them into the new account's folders.

My Computers

System One System Two

• Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Manufacturer/Model
    Custom
    CPU
    Intel i7-8700K 5 GHz
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1440
    Hard Drives
    1TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2,
    PSU
    Case
    Thermaltake Core P3
    Cooling
    Corsair Hydro H115i
    Keyboard
    Logitech wireless K800
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Master 3
    Internet Speed
    Other Info
    Galaxy S23 Plus phone
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro
    Manufacturer/Model
    HP Envy Y0F94AV
    CPU
    i7-7500U @ 2.70 GHz
    Memory
    16 GB DDR4-2133
    Graphics card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 940MX
    Sound Card
    Conexant ISST Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    17.3" UHD IPS touch
    Screen Resolution
    3480 x 2160
    Hard Drives
    512 GB M.2 SSD
shawn, i did that. i have 2 user accounts, current and new. i am logged onto BOTH accounts... i go to NEW account and do all you said , i have contacts open , then i HIT THE BACK BUTTON to be able to choose a different user, OLD ONE, and yes permission box comes up i click yes then the bar on top goes green while switching. i open contacts, copy it THEN HIT BACK BUTTON again to go back to NEW user account then open contacts and click paste in blank folder. NOTHING happens.... so whats wrong?

should i only be logged on to 1 account at a time? like log off current account and switch over and log on to new account and then do this again?? or doesnt being logged on to both matter.

My Computer

Ok, then. Copy the files to the DVD while logged on to your Nancy account, then copy them from the DVD to the new account while logged into the new account to see if that works better.

My Computers

System One System Two

• Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Manufacturer/Model
    Custom
    CPU
    Intel i7-8700K 5 GHz
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1440
    Hard Drives
    1TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2,
    PSU
    Case
    Thermaltake Core P3
    Cooling
    Corsair Hydro H115i
    Keyboard
    Logitech wireless K800
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Master 3
    Internet Speed
    Other Info
    Galaxy S23 Plus phone
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro
    Manufacturer/Model
    HP Envy Y0F94AV
    CPU
    i7-7500U @ 2.70 GHz
    Memory
    16 GB DDR4-2133
    Graphics card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 940MX
    Sound Card
    Conexant ISST Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    17.3" UHD IPS touch
    Screen Resolution
    3480 x 2160
    Hard Drives
    512 GB M.2 SSD
computer isnt cooperating........
****When you place a blank unformatted DVD in the drive and close it, you should get a AutoPlay pop-up. Select to format the DVD as a live data drive so that you can add more files to it later if you like to. If AutoPlay does not pop-up, then you can open Computer, and double click on the DVD drive to have it pop-up. That's all.****

its not working ..... i have a brand new dvd-r disc and put it in no auto play box comes up. i go to computer and click on dvd e drive and still, nothing pops up... i right click on drive and click format, and a box says to insert a disc... well a disc is already in there, why doesnt it know this? i have 48x CD-RW/DVD combo drive... is this the wrong type disc that i bought? DVD-R 16x?? i was told this disc will work with my comp. to back up . geez i cant do anything it seems.....my son just used this drive to put music cd in and put in his library and it worked fine....

plus i noticed when im in user nancy and contacts and i click to select and copy i can right click on the highlited items and SEND TO, itll say DVD/CD drive. so i tried that and E drive door opened i put a disk in closed it, nothing happens....

i ran one of those MS fix its to ck the cd/dvd drive and all is fine, they asked to put a disc in and i did, a DVD-r and it came back telling me, the dvd was not writable....

so my guess is, MY system cant use dvds to write on only play them.... i thought id use dvds to backup cause they hold more info and that means using less disks. oh well. last yr i backed up and used cd-r and used a lot of them but it worked... off to the store to return these DVDs and get cd-rs or rws

Last edited:

My Computer

Back