sfcdetails.txt generated from CBS.Log

I don't remember for sure but I don't think the Vista installation disc has the Upgrade option.

Typically, after it's installed, you can let Windows automatically install updates and then SP1, followed by more updates and SP2, followed by more updates.

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Vista Home Premium 64 bit SP2
    Manufacturer/Model
    Cyberpower
    CPU
    Intel Quad CPU Q6700 2.67 GHZ
    Motherboard
    NVIDIA 780i
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    MSI GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr
    Sound Card
    Sound Blaster SB Audigy
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Viewsonic VG2436
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080p
    Hard Drives
    Samsung HD 105SI
    WDC WD20
    Case
    Apevia XJupiter
    Cooling
    air
    Keyboard
    Logitech MX 3200
    Mouse
    Logitech MX 600
    Internet Speed
    30 Mbps
I don't remember for sure but I don't think the Vista installation disc has the Upgrade option.

Typically, after it's installed, you can let Windows automatically install updates and then SP1, followed by more updates and SP2, followed by more updates.

Hi wither,

This is not for my 32 bit mentioned by Noel?
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/88236-repair-install-vista.html?ltr=R.

So which is the correct url-link address/es to repair or re-install installed Windows Ultimate 32-bit SP2. I only have the said CD without any SP.

Also can I slipstream Vista SP1 and 2 into the "upgrade method" which was mentioned for 64-bit at http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/230249-sliptream-vista-sp2.html?

Please tell me the coorect procedures and url-links. Thank you.

My Computer

Yes, you can upgrade using a Retail Vista disk - but not an OEM one.
No - slipstreaming does NOT work the same in Vista as it did in XP, and will generally not reate a proper install disk.

You can download the SP1 install disk form the links here....
Microsoft
you'll need to patch the 3 files together properly to be able to burn the proper disk (why MS couldn't put up a proper ISO is beyond me!)

At least with that, you'll only need to uninstall SP2!

Make sure that you back up your data to external media before starting - there are many many things that can go wrong in a procedure like this!

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Acer Aspire 8930G
No - slipstreaming does NOT work the same in Vista as it did in XP, and will generally not reate a proper install disk.

Microsoft
you'll need to patch the 3 files together properly to be able to burn the proper disk (why MS couldn't put up a proper ISO is beyond me!)

Make sure that you back up your data to external media before starting - there are many many things that can go wrong in a procedure like this!

Hi Noel,

I am investigating CBS.log and not CBS2.log because the former is first and smaller files. Do you know which of the 35 files is not part of the boot-up processes
(probably at C:\windows\system32\{sub-folders}? If yes, It may solve the scan_/scannow errors. The HiJackThis may have fixed these files as "missing files [from C:\Windows\System32\{sub-folders\]". Then I realised my mistake was that I did not create a text.log together with scanning then I can save the log to know what are the missing files. So I do not know what HiJackThis had done after the fixes! So can you just list out the file names and it may help me more to fix them?

I have mentioned before that I have the same said problems with another PC OEM Win 7 Ulti 64-bit installed with SP1. Is NOT a retail version!
I solved the sfc_/scannow same and said errors by;
1. uninstall SP1.
2. put CD OEM Win 7 64-bit without any SP into CD-drive
3. run setup to install.
4. Select "upgrade" and it was sucessful because there was no more errors in sfc_/scannow.

Now I maybe confused that my OEM Vista Ulti 32-bit cannot be the same steps similar to the above!?! Because, you said that there is no option to select "upgrade" after uninstalling Vista Ulti 32-bit SP1 and SP2. Am I right? Only I can select upgrade if I slipstream SP1 into my CD OEM Vista 32-bit? How to do it because I have never done it before?

Are you telling me to read Windows Vista Direct Download Links?
I think is not 3 files but 2 because I do not need ‘C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\PETools\amd64\boot\etfsboot.com’ to the folder ‘C:\Vista\boot\’.

Next, I do not know how to put ISO-Windows Vista SP1 WAIK together file "X14-63452.exe" to burn into a single DVD? Is impossible and how it can be done?
Would you tell me how to do it or another website by Microsoft (trusted) to give correct instruction?

I thank you in advance for you kind co-operation.

My Computer

Microsoft

Hi Noel,

What other option to do next and to overcome the problems?

My Computer

I suspect that you are misunderstanding my last posts.
To be able to Upgrade anything, your installation media must be of at least equivalent service pack level to the installation.
Whether it's OEM or Retail is irrelevant - you can sort that out later.
To be able to Upgrade an installtion of windows, you must boot to that installation, and then insert the DVD - booting direct to the DVD disables the Upgrade option.

See the tutorial here - http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/88236-repair-install-vista.html?ltr=R - which I linked to before. The procedure is exactly the same, whether you have 32-bit or 64-bit Windows.

As far as creating the disk from the download files is concerned (and yes, you DO need all three files).... see the answer form Andre da Costa here - Repair man removed Windows Vista and installed Windows 7. How to I get - Microsoft Answers

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Acer Aspire 8930G
I suspect that you are misunderstanding my last posts.
To be able to Upgrade anything, your installation media must be of at least equivalent service pack level to the installation.
Whether it's OEM or Retail is irrelevant - you can sort that out later.
To be able to Upgrade an installtion of windows, you must boot to that installation, and then insert the DVD - booting direct to the DVD disables the Upgrade option.

See the tutorial here - http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/88236-repair-install-vista.html?ltr=R - which I linked to before. The procedure is exactly the same, whether you have 32-bit or 64-bit Windows.

As far as creating the disk from the download files is concerned (and yes, you DO need all three files).... see the answer form Andre da Costa here - Repair man removed Windows Vista and installed Windows 7. How to I get - Microsoft Answers

Hi Noel,

At
http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/232082-vista-sp2-will-not-install-error-0x80070002-place-upgrade-repair-install.html?ltr=R

urlnts thread#1: urlnts has problems with 0x80070002; blame on downloaded SP1, DVD burn ISO corrupted or harddisk is corrupted, etc...

Answer:

"So Microsoft finally said they will send Windows Vista Disc with Sp1 at no charge (which "surprise", Dell would not do)so I can do something called an In Place Upgrade Repair Install",

If the above is true then can I get a free copy from Microsoft "

Windows Vista Disc with Sp1 "? And how to get it delivered to me?
This is the best method than download the files "Windows Vista (English) with Service Pack 1" at
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_install/repair-man-removed-windows-vista-and-installed/f4ec610a-856b-47a6-9ac2-7d5f07763eb0?msgId=343a6389-3a13-46d1-93fa-342f6a9b8ae1

Please remember that mine is a PC DIY desktop and not a notebook. There is no COA sticker on my PC.

Is this the best solution;
1. Uninstall Vista x86 SP2
2. Get the free copy from Microsoft Vista x86 SP1 and install upgrade method successfully.

Please advice.

My Computer

MS no longer provide media for free - I believe they charge $6 in the US (if they will provide it at all - and if they do provide it, it's likely to be with SP2 embedded) the thread you are referncing is three years old - and before the release of Windows 7.

As I said, you can downoad the relevant files and create the SP1 disk for the repair install.
It makes no difference what your machine is - so long as you have the appropriate license and product Key.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Acer Aspire 8930G
I had dial-up internet when SP1 and SP2 came out so I bought the SP1 and SP2 discs directly from Microsoft. I have the phone number but I can't get to it until tomorrow. I think the total price for each disc was $9, including postage. As stated, I don't know if they still sell them.

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Manufacturer/Model
    Cyberpower
    CPU
    Motherboard
    NVIDIA 780i
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Sound Blaster SB Audigy
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Viewsonic VG2436
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080p
    Hard Drives
    Samsung HD 105SI
    WDC WD20
    Case
    Apevia XJupiter
    Cooling
    air
    Keyboard
    Logitech MX 3200
    Mouse
    Logitech MX 600
    Internet Speed
    30 Mbps
I had dial-up internet when SP1 and SP2 came out so I bought the SP1 and SP2 discs directly from Microsoft. I have the phone number but I can't get to it until tomorrow. I think the total price for each disc was $9, including postage. As stated, I don't know if they still sell them.

Hi Wither,

I am glad if you can help me. Do you have the email or url-links address/es so that I can buy the Vista x86 SP1 or SP2? Hope they are for sale.

My Computer

Hi Wither,

I am glad if you can help me. Do you have the email or url-links address/es so that I can buy the Vista x86 SP1 or SP2? Hope they are for sale.

The disks Wither is referring to are only the Update disks, NOT the full installation disks.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Acer Aspire 8930G
NoelDP is correct in regards to the discs I'm talking about.

Here's the phone number for Microsoft parts department- 1-800-360-7561

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Manufacturer/Model
    Cyberpower
    CPU
    Motherboard
    NVIDIA 780i
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Sound Blaster SB Audigy
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Viewsonic VG2436
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080p
    Hard Drives
    Samsung HD 105SI
    WDC WD20
    Case
    Apevia XJupiter
    Cooling
    air
    Keyboard
    Logitech MX 3200
    Mouse
    Logitech MX 600
    Internet Speed
    30 Mbps
Hmmmmmmmmmm. I'll have to recheck the number. Unfortunately it's at home and I won't be there until Saturday.

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Manufacturer/Model
    Cyberpower
    CPU
    Motherboard
    NVIDIA 780i
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Sound Blaster SB Audigy
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Viewsonic VG2436
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080p
    Hard Drives
    Samsung HD 105SI
    WDC WD20
    Case
    Apevia XJupiter
    Cooling
    air
    Keyboard
    Logitech MX 3200
    Mouse
    Logitech MX 600
    Internet Speed
    30 Mbps

My Computer

I double checked the number I gave you and it is correct. I dialed the number and got the Microsoft parts dept but didn't talk to anyone.

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Manufacturer/Model
    Cyberpower
    CPU
    Motherboard
    NVIDIA 780i
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Sound Blaster SB Audigy
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Viewsonic VG2436
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080p
    Hard Drives
    Samsung HD 105SI
    WDC WD20
    Case
    Apevia XJupiter
    Cooling
    air
    Keyboard
    Logitech MX 3200
    Mouse
    Logitech MX 600
    Internet Speed
    30 Mbps
Hi NoelDP- I'm not sure who your comment applies to or what it means.

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Manufacturer/Model
    Cyberpower
    CPU
    Motherboard
    NVIDIA 780i
    Memory
    4 GB