Sound is crackling, extremly Annoying!

The reason for using the HDMI cord is because it carries both the video and audio. Elsewise, you would have to connect separate cables for the audio. As a result, the VGA cable along with an audio cable might resolve the problem.

I asked you about the grounds for the computer and the monitor since, without a ground, you can pick up noises from a refrigerator, your computer, etc. The other issue is that monitor speakers aren't notoriously good for handling a wide range of frequencies. That could cause your problem but, given what you said about about the hdmi connection, I think that's where the problem is.

What really bothers me is that we can't get the speaker on your motherboard to work, nor can we get the set of speakers to be recognized by plug and play. Something goofy going on there. The first is a driver issue which could be resolved by reinstalling the original driver. The second is a Vista problem. These problems are independent of the crackling sound from the monitor speakers.

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Vista Home Premium 64 bit SP2
    Manufacturer/Model
    Cyberpower
    CPU
    Intel Quad CPU Q6700 2.67 GHZ
    Motherboard
    NVIDIA 780i
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    MSI GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr
    Sound Card
    Sound Blaster SB Audigy
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Viewsonic VG2436
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080p
    Hard Drives
    Samsung HD 105SI
    WDC WD20
    Case
    Apevia XJupiter
    Cooling
    air
    Keyboard
    Logitech MX 3200
    Mouse
    Logitech MX 600
    Internet Speed
    30 Mbps
sooo, if my pc is not on the ground it can pick up other devices frequencies?, seems....like something unknown to me, so i need a vga cord and i won't hear crackling?, because i don't much care about the speakers, but if you would like we can continue research about the issue.

My Computer

System One

• Memory
    6gb
Actually, it can pick up radio frequencies even if it is grounded. The ground helps to eliminate some noises. Even in pre-computer days, it was not uncommon to pick up noise on a TV or radio from other devices. Back then most houses didn't have grounds throughout. Nowadays, I think it's code. This is just a possibility and it might not have anything to do with your problem.

One of the experts might have to weigh in on this but, if you use a VGA cable between the graphics card and the monitor, the cable doesn't carry any audio. The same applies to connecting a DVD player to your TV. I didn't look at your monitor to see what type of connections it accepts.

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Manufacturer/Model
    Cyberpower
    CPU
    Motherboard
    NVIDIA 780i
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Sound Blaster SB Audigy
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Viewsonic VG2436
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080p
    Hard Drives
    Samsung HD 105SI
    WDC WD20
    Case
    Apevia XJupiter
    Cooling
    air
    Keyboard
    Logitech MX 3200
    Mouse
    Logitech MX 600
    Internet Speed
    30 Mbps
ok cool, well i connected the vga cord and the audio cord to the computer and i tryed to switch video input from the hdmi to the vga and it said no input, but when i unplugged the hdmi cord it switchs to the vga display, and its kinda fuzzy, like it has a slight blur to it, i never seen it blury before so im going to check to see if i can change that, plus when i uninstalled the audio driver and reinstalled it, my realtek hd audio control center was removed so im going to try and get that back, i remember the first time i got the pc, i used vga and it was as clear as the hdmi, plus i used the audio control center the change styles of sounds so i know that works with the vga, ill report back in an "edit" when i learn more about getting the audio back( lol in the playback tab, it says that hdmi is working, when its unplugged from the monitor and the pc, haha)
Capture.JPG

[Edit} ok so i got my realtek hd audio manager back but it says its hdmi output, even my sound control at the bottom right is saying its realtek hdmi output(realtek high definition audio), i don't have the hdmi cord plugged in my monitor or the pc, the manager only shows hdmi output and no vga, i can't get sound, i can't switch to vga sound, the playback tab is the same as the picture above, hdmi output, this is weird....here is a pic of the manager....its vga and a sound cord thats connected not hdmi.
Capture.JPG

[Edit2} i restarted my pc and thats not helping, i went into the monitors menu and changed the defualt display from hdmi to vga, but my main problem is on the pc, there is no option to switch to vga, it just says hdmi output, and you already know i don't have the hdmi cord plugged in, i can't get audio to work, the cords are plugged in correctly.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• Memory
    6gb
My system shows both the HDMI and the RCA configuration in the Playback (not the same as yours because I'm using Speakers which is the default). All it's saying is that, I could use the other things if I was connected using either one.

In regards to the cords, I assume that, to get audio, you have connected RCA type cables from the monitor to the computer (it should be connected to the "out" on the computer.

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Manufacturer/Model
    Cyberpower
    CPU
    Motherboard
    NVIDIA 780i
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Sound Blaster SB Audigy
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Viewsonic VG2436
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080p
    Hard Drives
    Samsung HD 105SI
    WDC WD20
    Case
    Apevia XJupiter
    Cooling
    air
    Keyboard
    Logitech MX 3200
    Mouse
    Logitech MX 600
    Internet Speed
    30 Mbps
i have a vga cord and one single cord for audio, its green, its connected to the right place on the pc, all that is fine, what i need help with is the hdmi showing on my pc when there is no hdmi

[Edit} i checked and it is connected to the out pluggin on the back of the pc.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• Memory
    6gb
Just right click on it and select "disable".

However, that doesn't fix anything. You system is not showing any other RealTek playback devices. If you go to Pandora.com and play music, can you hear it?

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Manufacturer/Model
    Cyberpower
    CPU
    Motherboard
    NVIDIA 780i
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Sound Blaster SB Audigy
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Viewsonic VG2436
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080p
    Hard Drives
    Samsung HD 105SI
    WDC WD20
    Case
    Apevia XJupiter
    Cooling
    air
    Keyboard
    Logitech MX 3200
    Mouse
    Logitech MX 600
    Internet Speed
    30 Mbps
i disabled it and went to that site, not no sounds, its just a page that asks for my email, after entering it, its still on the same page and no sounds, ill go check the email and see if i can find a link to go play music, i know that youtube does not work

[Edit} oh its not avalible in my country

My Computer

System One

• Memory
    6gb
At Pandora and other similar sites (like this one), you have to create an account (it's free). Put in your e-mail address and a password.

It comes down to the fact that your integrated audio isn't working. I don't know if you ever reinstalled the original audio driver, as we discussed earlier. Maybe you also need to flash the BIOS as well.

I suspect that the crackling problem is with the monitor speakers. As said before, they're not exactly the greatest things.

I'm not sure where to go from here.

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Manufacturer/Model
    Cyberpower
    CPU
    Motherboard
    NVIDIA 780i
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Sound Blaster SB Audigy
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Viewsonic VG2436
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080p
    Hard Drives
    Samsung HD 105SI
    WDC WD20
    Case
    Apevia XJupiter
    Cooling
    air
    Keyboard
    Logitech MX 3200
    Mouse
    Logitech MX 600
    Internet Speed
    30 Mbps
ya i reinstalled the original driver, but i did not flash bios, that i don't remember seeing you say, i am willing to try it, how do i do that?

[Edit} i checked how to flash bios and i don't have a floppy disk but i do have a 255mb usb stick, at this time, im thinking, now is when i should do a system restore as it would reset the default video and audio to what ever is plugged in, i have googled my issue and nothing match's, so ether i need to bring it in to a shop or get a new pc and smash the crap out of this one, i hope i can get it on camera haha, ofc ill be keeping the hard drives(after they are both wiped) and the 6gb of ram, and maybe the 2 duo guad core processor, with is kinda crap, there are 4 and each one is 2.33ghz, i never could use them all at the same time to speed up my pc for games and stuff.

My Computer

System One

• Memory
    6gb
I assume you set a system restore point.

Did you reinstall the BIOS?

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Manufacturer/Model
    Cyberpower
    CPU
    Motherboard
    NVIDIA 780i
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Sound Blaster SB Audigy
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Viewsonic VG2436
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080p
    Hard Drives
    Samsung HD 105SI
    WDC WD20
    Case
    Apevia XJupiter
    Cooling
    air
    Keyboard
    Logitech MX 3200
    Mouse
    Logitech MX 600
    Internet Speed
    30 Mbps
no i just select the point when i first started the pc, plus i can't seem to do anything with the bios, i can't update, it just goes back to default.

[Edit} i beleave i found the issue, my multimedia audio controller is messed up, when i try to reinstall the thing, it asks me to search my pc or search online for the driver software, i choose to search online because i don't have and /or don't knew where to software is, it then searchs but comes up with nothing, asking me to find the manufacturer, but as you can see from the first picture, the manufacturer is unknown, i tryed to google for the software but all i get is links to forums where people have disks that helped them adn links to realtek audio codex's, i have installed them all and i do not have a disk, so i am unable to find the drivers software that i need to fix it, im hoping you may know of a way to get the software needed.

Capture.JPGCapture2.JPG

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• Memory
    6gb
What you found in regards to the audio is what we've been talking about all along. I'm not sure why you're just now seeing that. I don't have time right now to review this thread but I think the driver was at the PC vendor website. It might be beneficial to post a thread in their user forum about this driver.

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Manufacturer/Model
    Cyberpower
    CPU
    Motherboard
    NVIDIA 780i
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Sound Blaster SB Audigy
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Viewsonic VG2436
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080p
    Hard Drives
    Samsung HD 105SI
    WDC WD20
    Case
    Apevia XJupiter
    Cooling
    air
    Keyboard
    Logitech MX 3200
    Mouse
    Logitech MX 600
    Internet Speed
    30 Mbps
hp does not have a driver for the multimedia audio controller.....i looked everywhere and i can't find a download for it, i found alot of links that say download but nothing really gives me a lownload for the software.

My Computer

System One

• Memory
    6gb
Actually, you installed the driver that I expected. I don't have a multimedia audio driver.

Have you ever gone to HP Support & Drivers | United States and tried their Product Support and Trouble Shooting.

Open Device Manager and look at System Devices. Is a System Speaker listed? Is it shown as working? Also look there and see if there's a high definition audio controller (s). Is it or them working?

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Manufacturer/Model
    Cyberpower
    CPU
    Motherboard
    NVIDIA 780i
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Sound Blaster SB Audigy
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Viewsonic VG2436
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080p
    Hard Drives
    Samsung HD 105SI
    WDC WD20
    Case
    Apevia XJupiter
    Cooling
    air
    Keyboard
    Logitech MX 3200
    Mouse
    Logitech MX 600
    Internet Speed
    30 Mbps
Are both of the audio devices shown as working? What are the drivers?

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Manufacturer/Model
    Cyberpower
    CPU
    Motherboard
    NVIDIA 780i
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Sound Blaster SB Audigy
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Viewsonic VG2436
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080p
    Hard Drives
    Samsung HD 105SI
    WDC WD20
    Case
    Apevia XJupiter
    Cooling
    air
    Keyboard
    Logitech MX 3200
    Mouse
    Logitech MX 600
    Internet Speed
    30 Mbps
high definition audio controller is working and up-to-date, how ever, the system speaker has no drivers installed, and it says its up-to-date......
Capture.JPGCapture2.JPG

My Computer

System One

• Memory
    6gb
That confirms what we already surmised. On the other hand, it says you have the best driver but then none is installed- how's that for confusing. I think you should run the troubleshooting procedure at the HP support website that we talked about earlier. I don't think you ran it.

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Manufacturer/Model
    Cyberpower
    CPU
    Motherboard
    NVIDIA 780i
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Sound Blaster SB Audigy
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Viewsonic VG2436
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080p
    Hard Drives
    Samsung HD 105SI
    WDC WD20
    Case
    Apevia XJupiter
    Cooling
    air
    Keyboard
    Logitech MX 3200
    Mouse
    Logitech MX 600
    Internet Speed
    30 Mbps
i did that troubleshooting thing, and did an auto scan, but at the end of the scan, i was redirected to a telus page, and ever since that page showed up, i was not able to use the internet, every page/bookmark i went to got redirected to the telus page, steam does not connect to the internet even know my internet is working, no matter the browser i use, i get redirected, even the launchers for my online games that have a window page on the launcher is redirected to the telus page, at the moment, i am on my moms pc at your house and am telling you what happoned, i don't think that the scan did anything, even the owner of the house is having issues with internet, so for, im guess, the next week or so, i won't be able to respawned or test things, i took my pc into a computer shop that fixs pc's and sells parts, i will get a call in the next 3-4 days saying what they could do, i told them the issues, so they should be able to fix it, if not then idk.

My Computer

System One

• Memory
    6gb
Back