Sound is crackling, extremly Annoying!

Please let us know how it comes out.

I see that Telus is an internet service. I wonder if that's what HP uses when the advisors access your computer remotely.

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Vista Home Premium 64 bit SP2
    Manufacturer/Model
    Cyberpower
    CPU
    Intel Quad CPU Q6700 2.67 GHZ
    Motherboard
    NVIDIA 780i
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    MSI GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr
    Sound Card
    Sound Blaster SB Audigy
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Viewsonic VG2436
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080p
    Hard Drives
    Samsung HD 105SI
    WDC WD20
    Case
    Apevia XJupiter
    Cooling
    air
    Keyboard
    Logitech MX 3200
    Mouse
    Logitech MX 600
    Internet Speed
    30 Mbps
i don't think so, the issue was timed just right, after the scan was done, it was trying to load a page but at that time talus had a schedule disconnect because of an unpaid bill, but the guy does not pay until the 21st, it was scheduled to disconnect at the 9th, he paid for last month and did not have to pay until the 21st of this month but for some reason the schedule was set for the 9th, so i am sure it will be reconnected when they figure out that it was a mistake, hopefully soon.

My Computer

System One

• Memory
    6gb
Talk about poor timing.

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Manufacturer/Model
    Cyberpower
    CPU
    Motherboard
    NVIDIA 780i
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Sound Blaster SB Audigy
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Viewsonic VG2436
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080p
    Hard Drives
    Samsung HD 105SI
    WDC WD20
    Case
    Apevia XJupiter
    Cooling
    air
    Keyboard
    Logitech MX 3200
    Mouse
    Logitech MX 600
    Internet Speed
    30 Mbps
Did the repair shop fix the issue? If so, how?

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Manufacturer/Model
    Cyberpower
    CPU
    Motherboard
    NVIDIA 780i
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Sound Blaster SB Audigy
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Viewsonic VG2436
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080p
    Hard Drives
    Samsung HD 105SI
    WDC WD20
    Case
    Apevia XJupiter
    Cooling
    air
    Keyboard
    Logitech MX 3200
    Mouse
    Logitech MX 600
    Internet Speed
    30 Mbps
they did not seem to fix anything, my sound is still messed up, nothing seems changed, but there are 3 anti-virus's now, nothing new nothing fixed and i paid them 70$ today when i went to pick it up, i even told them the issue i was having.

My Computer

System One

• Memory
    6gb
I wouldn't have paid them since they didn't fix anything. Didn't they have anything to say about your system?

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Manufacturer/Model
    Cyberpower
    CPU
    Motherboard
    NVIDIA 780i
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Sound Blaster SB Audigy
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Viewsonic VG2436
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080p
    Hard Drives
    Samsung HD 105SI
    WDC WD20
    Case
    Apevia XJupiter
    Cooling
    air
    Keyboard
    Logitech MX 3200
    Mouse
    Logitech MX 600
    Internet Speed
    30 Mbps
yes, i phoned them about it and they said that there was alot of problems with the pc but they did not fix the only issue i wanted fixed, i asked if they had sound and they said yes and i asked if they used hdmi or vga, they said vga but thay used external speakers and not a moniters speakers, my external speakers don't work, and for some reason my hdmi does not have sound, no crackling, no sound, same with vga, no sound from moniter, they did ask if i was useing the extra sound card....i did not know there was one i was just using the plugins at the back, they said that there are 2 sound cards, one that i think is attached to the motherboard and the extra sound card but from what i can see at the back, there is no other sound plugins, they did tell me to bring it back in and that it would cost nothing, they did fix issues with the pc and thats what i paid for but at least they are willing to fix the sound issue, i hope i can show them the issues and not just tell them because that did not work the first time, i gotta say, my pc is running slower now and i have less ram, useing DxDiag it use to say 6103mb ram but now its 5374 ram, minus the sound issue, my pc was waaaayy faster before.

My Computer

System One

• Memory
    6gb
I don't think the RAM issue has anything to do with the slowness you're experiencing. Unless your doing something that requires a lot of system resources like encoding a video, you're not likely to see a difference. You should ask them about it. The specs for your system say 64 bit, 32 bit. Which is it?

Nothing like showing them the actual problem rather than discussing it. The fact that they were able to use external speakers and you weren't, speaks volumes (pun intended).

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Manufacturer/Model
    Cyberpower
    CPU
    Motherboard
    NVIDIA 780i
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Sound Blaster SB Audigy
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Viewsonic VG2436
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080p
    Hard Drives
    Samsung HD 105SI
    WDC WD20
    Case
    Apevia XJupiter
    Cooling
    air
    Keyboard
    Logitech MX 3200
    Mouse
    Logitech MX 600
    Internet Speed
    30 Mbps
haha nice pun, its a 64 bit and i ran a 64 bit scan aswell, i know that the game skyrim uses alot of ram, and its alot slower now, even with closed programs along with the help of game booster to close uneeded programs and other software for a faster performance, ill make sure that im there when they are going about the sound issue.

My Computer

System One

• Memory
    6gb
A couple of things you can do to speed things up-

Run the Disk Cleanup utility from Windows Accessories and reboot.

Set both the high and low virtual memory to 18000 Mb. I think Vista will let you go that high.

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Manufacturer/Model
    Cyberpower
    CPU
    Motherboard
    NVIDIA 780i
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Sound Blaster SB Audigy
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Viewsonic VG2436
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080p
    Hard Drives
    Samsung HD 105SI
    WDC WD20
    Case
    Apevia XJupiter
    Cooling
    air
    Keyboard
    Logitech MX 3200
    Mouse
    Logitech MX 600
    Internet Speed
    30 Mbps
ya they had some programs installed, on was a disk cleaner so i think they did all that, where do i go to set my memory to high, i have never heard of this.

im going to drop my pc off soon today so hopfuly i can show them to issues, im gonna call them first so they know that im looking to show them while im there, im hoping that i can pick it up same day.

My Computer

System One

• Memory
    6gb
ok, so i took my pc into the shop and they showed me that there is sound, and there was sound, even in playback tab showed that there was speakers hooked up and they used vga and sound cord, the sound cord was plugged into the same place i used and it worked, but it does not when i use my monitor, even my external speakers don't work, idk maybe its the monitor i have, it does have alot of options and settings, nothing i do seems to work, ether way, they gave me some speakers that they tested in front of me and they work but if they don't work for me, it would have to be my monitor thats messing with my pc, idk how but i can't think of anything else, i should have not punched my monitor all those times lol.

My Computer

System One

• Memory
    6gb
The question is- did they use the sound card or the onboard chipset? If it was the sound card, it appears the onboard chipset is not working (which we seemed to have shown throughout this discussion). Too bad you didn't take your speakers with you to see if they could get them to work.

To change virtual memory, open Control Panel, System, Advanced System Settings, Advanced, Performance, Settings, Advanced, Virtual Memory, Change. Click on Custom Size. Insert the amount I mentioned in both boxes. If it won't accept it, try 12000 Mb in each box.

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Manufacturer/Model
    Cyberpower
    CPU
    Motherboard
    NVIDIA 780i
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Sound Blaster SB Audigy
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Viewsonic VG2436
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080p
    Hard Drives
    Samsung HD 105SI
    WDC WD20
    Case
    Apevia XJupiter
    Cooling
    air
    Keyboard
    Logitech MX 3200
    Mouse
    Logitech MX 600
    Internet Speed
    30 Mbps
the onboard chip for sound is working and it is what i have always used, the other sound card that i have is an old...old sound card, i never used it or really noticed it, my question is why does my year 2007+ pc have a sound card thats from the 90s, the speakers that i have has 3 plugins for the audio, black, pink, green, the new speakers that i have now(that work) have 2 plugins, green and pink, my guess is that the black plugin is useless, the speakers with the subwofer,i beleave is from "creation" and the new ones are from "Labtec" they work, i now have sound, it is showing up in playback tab and realtek hd audio manager.

i changed the memory to 18000 mb, question, i have 6gb of ram and i think that is memory, so how can i use 18gb memory?

My Computer

System One

• Memory
    6gb
My Creative system, has grey, black, pink and green banana jacks plugged into the subwoofer. The grey is merged with one of the other jacks in the cable (I think it's the black) from it to the computer. The black, pink and green jacks go into the respectively colored plugs on the back of my computer. Since I have a 7.1 system, The grey is for the side pair. The black is for the rear pair. The orange is for the subwoofer and the green is for the front speakers.

If the onboard chipset has been working, it's news to me. We've never been able to make it work properly. You need to take your speakers with you to see if they can get them to work.

Virtual memory is simply hard disk space. If you let Windows control it, it will expand as required, to the maximum listed. By setting both the low and high to the same size, you reduce the time for Windows to determine the required space and to find available space on the hard disk. I'm stepping outside of my realm with this explanation. One of the experts might be able to explain it better.

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Manufacturer/Model
    Cyberpower
    CPU
    Motherboard
    NVIDIA 780i
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Sound Blaster SB Audigy
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Viewsonic VG2436
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080p
    Hard Drives
    Samsung HD 105SI
    WDC WD20
    Case
    Apevia XJupiter
    Cooling
    air
    Keyboard
    Logitech MX 3200
    Mouse
    Logitech MX 600
    Internet Speed
    30 Mbps
well the sound is now working, i do thank you for the your help, and about the memory thing, making it 18000 slowed my pc down alot, so i just put it back to normal, and its running normaly.

My Computer

System One

• Memory
    6gb
So increasing the virtual memory and then returning it back to the Windows settings made your system go from what you called slow after you got it back from the repair guy to normal? Doesn't make any sense for most cases. Increasing virtual memory might make a system slower if the hard drive is space limited or isn't optimized. If you routinely run the Windows Disk Cleanup utility and have Vista set to defrag your hard drive on a scheduled basis, that will go a long ways to keep system speed normal.

I don't know what was done to your system to make your sound work now but I'm glad the problem is resolved. Enjoy!

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Manufacturer/Model
    Cyberpower
    CPU
    Motherboard
    NVIDIA 780i
    Memory
    4 GB