start up problems plz help

hello
when you disabled "stuff" was that from the "startup" tab in msconfig?

yes it was in startup tab in msconfig... i think i unclicked..(some driver stuff on startup may be video card display option??) .. foolishly i did this
hoping to speed up my computer which i read somewhere in the net. now its totally blank.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    asus f3t
    Memory
    1gb
do you have UAC (user account control) enabled?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    acer aspire 6930
    Memory
    3GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    onboard
    Sound Card
    onboard
    Hard Drives
    320GB
hello
Iv'e been experimenting on my laptop. to get to the msconfig (blind) start your laptop...

press the windows key and the R key at the same time....wait about 5 seconds and type msconfig enter, (if you have uac enabled) press the tab key twice then enter.(this should be msconfig)
now press the up arrow key twice, press enter... now press the down arrow key once, then enter.... now the laptop should reboot... with any luck should be back to normal !!

ps if uac is disabled skip the "press tab key twice then enter"

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    acer aspire 6930
    Memory
    3GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    onboard
    Sound Card
    onboard
    Hard Drives
    320GB
hello
Iv'e been experimenting on my laptop. to get to the msconfig (blind) start your laptop...

press the windows key and the R key at the same time....wait about 5 seconds and type msconfig enter, (if you have uac enabled) press the tab key twice then enter.(this should be msconfig)
now press the up arrow key twice, press enter... now press the down arrow key once, then enter.... now the laptop should reboot... with any luck should be back to normal !!

Wow kenny, hahah your dedicated. Good job!

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Windows
    Memory
    1GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI RADEON XPRESS 1100 Series
    Screen Resolution
    1280x1024
I fear the worst if this doesn't work.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Windows
    Memory
    1GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI RADEON XPRESS 1100 Series
    Screen Resolution
    1280x1024
hello

dear kenny thank you for suggesting me.. but it didnt work ... i can see a very vague blink (light)... the sound starting up... and nothing... in fact ,,nothing new occurred by pressing the way you told me. still its blank. any thing else you could suggest me?

please reply.thanks

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    asus f3t
    Memory
    1gb
i am using vista ,,and my laptop is Asus f3t ,, everything was working fine..until i made some changes in the start up options.. disabling some..coz i thought it might increase my computer speed by disabling unwanted programs on start up.. this i found by typing ms config on start up... so when i disabled..and then restarted ..my laptop is totally blank, and but i hear the fans getting started up..and all..but the screen is totally blank. tried to remove the battery... switch on and off..but i see just the power lights on, just worried whether i did something wrong.any help would be appreciated.plz help.

robin

i remember there was something to do with desktop graphics,, disabled.. in fact i disabled all keeping only the antivirus and two or three other programs enabled.

so when i restarted it is blank ... so no many option when the screen is blank. tried all your solutions.of (kenny richard..and sizzer.) and thank you very much for your precious time wasted on me...really appreciate your help... still am helpless..just blank ..and am mad.. trying to find alternate solution...

but if you find any other solutions please reply...i would rather give a try...
just waiting...

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    asus f3t
    Memory
    1gb
Sorry to all concerned that the idea did not work, but I think that Kenny deserves a round of applause, for his dedication and ingenuity.... Applause. I think with a few changes, it may still work.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Intergrated 7.1 Channel Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell SP2009W 20 inch Flat Panel w Webcam
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Dell USB 4 button optical
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
Kenny idea should work, try it again, slowly. I tried on my computer and it does bring you to msconfig. It will bring you to a normal boot. If the only thing you changed was in msconfig, based upon all the rules it must work.

Question are you in an adminstrators account or standard account.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
Question are you in an adminstrators account or standard account.[/QUOTE said:
its just one account..under my name..and i use a password to log in to windows at the start up..jst a personal laptop..

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    asus f3t
    Memory
    1gb
That might be why Kennys idea did not work, we have to reconstruct the entire process including logging in. Kenny had the right idea, the computer is working, just you cannot see it. Its getting late now, Kenny and I will try to help with the log in problem, tomorrow, if you think that might be the reason that Kennys idea did not work

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
That might be why Kennys idea did not work, we have to reconstruct the entire process including logging in. Kenny had the right idea, the computer is working, just you cannot see it. Its getting late now, Kenny and I will try to help with the log in problem, tomorrow, if you think that might be the reason that Kennys idea did not work

alrite richard...waiting for a solution....

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    asus f3t
    Memory
    1gb
Bravo rich46 (i don't have password enabled & and skipped this part!!! the funny part is that I enabled UAC just for this experiment) LOL

Alright robin as rich has noticed we skipped one very important step!! so this time,

Start the computer, give it a minute, sign in,(type password & press enter), give it a minute or two to get to the desktop... then go through the directions...

Windows key + R - enter

Type... msconfig - enter

Tab key 2 times - enter (for the UAC prompt) skip if UAC is disabled!

Up arrow key 2 times - enter

Down arrow key 1 time - enter

Cross your fingers, say a prayer....post back...:party:

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    acer aspire 6930
    Memory
    3GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    onboard
    Sound Card
    onboard
    Hard Drives
    320GB
Bravo rich46 (i don't have password enabled & and skipped this part!!! the funny part is that I enabled UAC just for this experiment) LOL

Alright robin as rich has noticed we skipped one very important step!! so this time,

Start the computer, give it a minute, sign in,(type password & press enter), give it a minute or two to get to the desktop... then go through the directions...

Windows key + R - enter

Type... msconfig - enter

Tab key 2 times - enter (for the UAC prompt) skip if UAC is disabled!

Up arrow key 2 times - enter

Down arrow key 1 time - enter

Cross your fingers, say a prayer....post back...:party:

kenny nothing is working...still the same..tried many times..wondering what could be the last option??.. may be is there any reset button inside the hardware..??..
OK Kenny appreciate Ur help..but still the same story here..any new solution i would give a try..

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    asus f3t
    Memory
    1gb
sorry it don't work, last option will be to try the recovery partition... reboot and start tapping the f9 key.... hope this works

you will lose all data and installed programs if this is successful.. it should go back to factory settings... good luck

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    acer aspire 6930
    Memory
    3GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    onboard
    Sound Card
    onboard
    Hard Drives
    320GB
Kennys suggestion is good, it is basically the same as I have suggested earlier; but if it did not work before it will not work this time.

Robin, I know you are upset. If you have told us everything that you did. Kennys advice, concerning Misconfig, should work. If you are just one key stroke off, of course it will not. Try it one more time.

Try to stay calm and think, did you touch anything else, other than Msconfig, if not just keep trying kennys suggestion. He is putting Msconfig back the way it was initially.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
Kennys suggestion is good, it is basically the same as I have suggested earlier; but if it did not work before it will not work this time.

Robin, I know you are upset. If you have told us everything that you did. Kennys advice, concerning Misconfig, should work. If you are just one key stroke off, of course it will not. Try it one more time.

Try to stay calm and think, did you touch anything else, other than Msconfig, if not just keep trying kennys suggestion. He is putting Msconfig back the way it was initially.
it was just msconfig i swear and remember well coz it was working very perfect ...but a bit slow..at times...so thts why i made the changes... i remember unchecking some items.. that i remember as something to do with video card or display too..??..coz there was something to do with monitor..coz i unclicked that option too.. thought it was unimportant at startup. and yesterday..after trying methods of urs i was so upset that nothing worked..so i removed my ram and fixed again. thinking that mite work too..but still didnt... dont know wat will happen.. will i lose all my data?? i dont have any on c drive..but d is full of my important documents. ok..lets c wat happens..:(:(:(

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    asus f3t
    Memory
    1gb
If you follow Kennys last advice, you will be just like you were the day you bought the computer. Everything you did will be gone. Did you try that option when I presented it at the beginning of the thread? If yes, it will not work this time either. If, no, its your choice. You will lose everything, but your computer will be like the day you bought it.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
When you boot your laptop, do you get anything showing on the screen at all? Or is it just totally blank?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dwarf Dwf/11/2012 r09/2013
    CPU
    Intel Core-i5-3570K 4-core @ 3.4GHz (Ivy Bridge) (OC 4.2GHz)
    Motherboard
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M
    Memory
    4 x 4GB DDR3-1600 Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B (16GB)
    Graphics Card(s)
    MSI GeForce GTX770 Gaming OC 2GB
    Sound Card
    Realtek High Definition on board solution (ALC 898)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    ViewSonic VA1912w Widescreen
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    OCZ Agility 3 120GB SATA III x2 (RAID 0)
    Samsung HD501LJ 500GB SATA II x2
    Hitachi HDS721010CLA332 1TB SATA II
    Iomega 1.5TB Ext USB 2.0
    WD 2.0TB Ext USB 3.0
    PSU
    XFX Pro Series 850W Semi-Modular
    Case
    Gigabyte IF233
    Cooling
    1 x 120mm Front Inlet 1 x 120mm Rear Exhaust
    Keyboard
    Microsoft Comfort Curve Keyboard 3000 (USB)
    Mouse
    Microsoft Comfort Mouse 3000 for Business (USB)
    Internet Speed
    NetGear DG834Gv3 ADSL Modem/Router (Ethernet) ~4.0 Mb/s (O2)
    Other Info
    Optical Drive: HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH10LS30 SATA Bluray
    Lexmark S305 Printer/Scanner/Copier (USB)
    WEI Score: 8.1/8.1/8.5/8.5/8.25
    Asus Eee PC 1011PX Netbook (Windows 7 x86 Starter)
Back