Solved Alienware Aurora m9700 Drivers Problem Solved.

If you can't message me through the VistaForums PM system, then email me at:
j o n a t h a n {{{ a t }}} d o w n s c h i f t e r {{{ d o t }}} c o m

I desperately need audio drivers that work for this Alienware system for Windows 7. The site will not let me PM Harmacy though.

My Computer

OK, sorry to revive an old thread, but I've been giving Windows 7 another go with the 64 bit drives I got here. I have an interesting problem.

I have the SLi 7900 GS video cards, and after the "Starting Windows" screen, monitor goes pitch black.

The good news is that I do have sound...which is great! However, I can't see anything. Now, if I shut my lid, the system goes into standby normally--then if I open it, my desktop is back but I lose my keyboard and touchpad. :confused:

Now, the video card drivers are installed and recognized and I've tried enabling and disabling SLi. I think the problem is that Win7 sees my monitors as a "Generic PnP Montor." However, I have no idea.:sarc:

Anyone have any ideas?

My Computer

I've just been playing with getting Windows 7 running on my m9700 also. My system is a bit... odd. I eventually had a huge band of dead pixels on the built-in screen, and rather than replacing that (out of warranty) or scrapping the whole machine, I decided to make it a "headless" small form factor PC. So, I took the whole case apart and removed the lid/screen entirely, and just use an external monitor.

Anyway, with that setup, I had a terrible time trying to get 32-bit Vista working well. I tried vast quantities of video card drivers to get the SLI 7900 GS cards going, to no avail. A lot of them would work for the 1st boot after installation, and from then on I would get a black screen. This is on an external monitor, as the system is "headless". I eventually gave up.

Then I moved to 64-bit and 32-bit Ubuntu Linux for it. Both require alt-install disc installations to figure out the RAID, if anyone reading this in the future meets that problem. Both can get the machine up and running pretty well, but I'd like to maintain better gaming functionality out of the machine than WiNE can handle.

So I'm now testing it with Windows 7 x64. The install went very smoothly, no problems with the RAID as I encountered with lots of other OS install attempts on this thing. I assumed that the video card drivers would be a tough thing to get going, but the second set that I tried was direct from NVidia (Welcome to NVIDIA - World Leader in Visual Computing Technologies). From there, Drivers -> GeForce -> GeForce Go 7 Series (notebooks) -> Windows Vista 64-bit -> search. Select the 179.48 beta drivers. They installed without a hitch from the executable, no modding necessary. After restart it asked me if I wanted SLI on, I said yes. Restarted to test and still good, and still working well after many restarts / reconfigs. See if that works for you.

The only other unknown devices in Device Manager were for the chipset, modem, and audio. I should note that when I made the machine headless I took out the Bison webcam, so I dunno about it. I got the chipset working with a download from somewhere, but unfortunately I wasn't careful about paying attention to which of the many sources I used got it going. I don't care about the modem, so I disabled it.

Sound remains a problem, so I'd be interested in hearing what you used to get that up and running, QMaverick!

My Computer

Hi,

I know this is the vista forum but does any body know why I cannot get a new hard drive install with xp pro sp2 to work on an alienware aurora m9700a r1.
the problem is it seems to have installed ok. but I cannot install the drivers for graphics etc. when I execute the install shield setup on chipset driver I get an error 6003
telling me that setup has experienced and error.
please do the following

close any running programs(non running as far as I can tell)
empty temporary folder ( nothing in it.)
check your internet connection (not connected as its a stand alone system)

This is the first time I have had so much trouble installing xp.
Alienware support won't tell me anything as I bought the system second hand and said their support was invalid .they sent me to dell presto where you pay for help.(this is a last resort)

Is their something funny in the way this machine is setup. I still have the vista home premium drive but cannot run older games which is why I want xp pro.
Another funny is I got a diagnostic program from user guides who said they could make an autorun custom driver disk. But this would not work either all that happened is a black window appeared for a split second then dissapears. but it worked fine on my desktop.
Any help much appreciated.(as I'm losing the will to live.)

regards
sbrobbs

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    alienware m9700 auroa
    CPU
    amd turion 64 mobile technology ml-34 1.8ghz
    Memory
    igb
    Graphics Card(s)
    dual Nvdia geforce go 7900gs
    Sound Card
    soundmax
    Monitor(s) Displays
    17"
    Hard Drives
    250gb sata
If anyone needs these drivers, I have uploaded them to my server (i.e. the ones that Setesh originally uploaded, as well as the BisonCam drivers). PM me, and I'll send you the link.

Hey I was wondering if you could give me a link to the audio drivers for the alienware m9700 for windows 7 x64. I have tried several other drivers and my sound icon still has an X threw it! Please help me.

[email protected]

thanks

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Alienware
I also upgraded My M9700 from 7Ultimate 32 to 64...I got the sound to work with the 32 bit sys, however, the same vista driver for the audio in 64 bit does not work...WTF!!!:mad: If it doesn't get sorted out I guess I will just go back to 32

My Computer

OK, sorry to revive an old thread, but I've been giving Windows 7 another go with the 64 bit drives I got here. I have an interesting problem.

I have the SLi 7900 GS video cards, and after the "Starting Windows" screen, monitor goes pitch black.

The good news is that I do have sound...which is great! However, I can't see anything. Now, if I shut my lid, the system goes into standby normally--then if I open it, my desktop is back but I lose my keyboard and touchpad. :confused:

Now, the video card drivers are installed and recognized and I've tried enabling and disabling SLi. I think the problem is that Win7 sees my monitors as a "Generic PnP Montor." However, I have no idea.:sarc:

Anyone have any ideas?

Sorry to bring this old forum back up but I've always wanted to get windows 7 working on my m9700. I've had the exact same problem as QMaverick. Has anyone found a solution to this problem, or the general problem of installing all the drivers to Windows 7. I haven't tried to install Windows 7 since last summer so i'm hoping that a lot of advances have been made since...really hoping!

Thanks for any help,

Mike

My Computer

I know this is reviving a dead thread, but I can't seem to be able to PM this Harmacy who has magically cracked this driver issue egg. I can't get audio for my m9700, and i wanted to know if anyone can point me in the direction of the correct drivers!!!!

My Computer

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Vista Home Premium 64 bit SP2
    Manufacturer/Model
    Cyberpower
    CPU
    Intel Quad CPU Q6700 2.67 GHZ
    Motherboard
    NVIDIA 780i
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    MSI GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr
    Sound Card
    Sound Blaster SB Audigy
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Viewsonic VG2436
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080p
    Hard Drives
    Samsung HD 105SI
    WDC WD20
    Case
    Apevia XJupiter
    Cooling
    air
    Keyboard
    Logitech MX 3200
    Mouse
    Logitech MX 600
    Internet Speed
    30 Mbps
That's the first place I looked, and of course, nothing there to help. All of the links from the earlier poster seem to have been removed, I really wish he had posted where he found those drivers.

And the most irritating thing is, everything used to work when i upgraded from XP to 7, and then I swapped out for a new HDD, and all of the audio stuff is gone.

I don't need the drivers all compiled together, if I could just get pointed in the right direction that would be great.

My Computer

The link I provided shows an e-mail address to get help with the drivers.

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Manufacturer/Model
    Cyberpower
    CPU
    Motherboard
    NVIDIA 780i
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    MSI GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr
    Sound Card
    Sound Blaster SB Audigy
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Viewsonic VG2436
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080p
    Hard Drives
    Samsung HD 105SI
    WDC WD20
    Case
    Apevia XJupiter
    Cooling
    air
    Keyboard
    Logitech MX 3200
    Mouse
    Logitech MX 600
    Internet Speed
    30 Mbps
I tried that email address, and of course, no response from Alienware. I'm debating rolling back to XP just so I can get sound, but I really don't want to.

If anyone still has any of the driver files, or knows where I can find them, I would greatly appreciate it.

My Computer

I went back and harmacy posted his e-mail address. You said you couldn't PM him. Did you use that e-mail address.

I would try again with Alienware.

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Manufacturer/Model
    Cyberpower
    CPU
    Motherboard
    NVIDIA 780i
    Memory