Solved Canoscan LiDE 35 Vista 64 driver

Yeah, I've got the new toolbox. I told it I had the disk, too :( That's "Have Disk" when you tell it specifically which driver to use, yes? Because I did that.

I'm not really sure what else to do short of getting a new one after all :/ I didn't realize just how old my scanner was!

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    HP DV2700 Notebook
    Memory
    4GB
    Screen Resolution
    1280x800
Update: Also works on Windows 7 x64

I now have this working on Windows 7 x64 using the same driver. One additional piece of software that i needed to install was the CanoScan Toolbox which you can find here

I don't remember having to install the Toolbox on Vista, maybe it was already installed. Anyway its a great little program and seems to be working perfectly :D

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Custom
    CPU
    Phenom II X4 940 BE
    Motherboard
    Asus M3A79-T Deluxe AMD 790FX
    Memory
    8gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon 4870x2
    Sound Card
    M-Audio Delta 1010LT
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hanns.G HG281D 28" / Hannspree XMS New York 19"
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1200 / 1440×900
    PSU
    Corsair TX 750W
    Case
    Antec Sonata v1
    Cooling
    Noctua NH-C12P
    Keyboard
    Old Compaq PS2
    Mouse
    Logitech MX 518
    Internet Speed
    10mb
No problem, i only registered to post the fix :p

I searched high and low for a way to get mine working and when i finally figured it out, i thought it only fair to share it with the world ;)

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Custom
    CPU
    Phenom II X4 940 BE
    Motherboard
    Memory
    8gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon 4870x2
    Sound Card
    M-Audio Delta 1010LT
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1200 / 1440×900
    PSU
    Corsair TX 750W
    Case
    Antec Sonata v1
    Cooling
    Noctua NH-C12P
    Keyboard
    Old Compaq PS2
    Mouse
    Logitech MX 518
    Internet Speed
    10mb
....Or for me when i need to reinstall it again, like now!

Don't have to go hunting for links :D

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Custom
    CPU
    Phenom II X4 940 BE
    Motherboard
    Memory
    8gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon 4870x2
    Sound Card
    M-Audio Delta 1010LT
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1200 / 1440×900
    PSU
    Corsair TX 750W
    Case
    Antec Sonata v1
    Cooling
    Noctua NH-C12P
    Keyboard
    Old Compaq PS2
    Mouse
    Logitech MX 518
    Internet Speed
    10mb
Hi again, OK now I was able to install it right. I just re-extracted it. But I have an other problem...when I tried to scan it says : ''Cannot communicate with the scanner. Cable may be disconnected or scanner may be turned off. Check Status. ''

The scanner is plugged, but it doesn't recognize it.

It says also: '' Unable to open TWAIN source. Please check connection.

I'm starting to hate this scanner now...!

Is that happened to you guys too?

Thanks.

First off I'll just confirm to you that I installed the Lide60 Vistax64 driver and toolbox (as instructed in this thread) and I restarted the computer afterwards.

I tried to scan, but I got the exact same response as Melli here. When I found the problem it was such a DOH-moment that I had to register just to let you and others know.

So here it is:
My Lide35 was locked for transport when I plugged it in. The computer thinks it doesn't respond because the hardware keeps it from doing what's asked of it.
I closed the toolbox, unplugged the scanner, switched the scanner to "unlocked", plugged in and started the toolbox. Scanner working!

I hope it's that simple for others as well.

My Computer

I've been looking for drivers for my Canon LiDE 30 scanner for Win 7 x64 bit system. Google found this discussion.
I've tried to load the LiDE 60 drivers and the Toolbox 4.9 as advised. It doesn't seem to work for me. When I try to scan, it says, "This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy", then a window comes up saying, 'Cannot communicate with scanner, cable may be disconnected". After this it says unable to open TWAIN source.
I've tried numerous times to reload the CNQL60.INF file and then reboot. For some reason when I reboot, my scanner doesn't even show up in Device manager until I unplug and re-plug the scanner.
I know I'm in the wrong forum but it seems like there have been other Win 7 x64 users who were helped here so I'm hoping I can be added to the list:).
Does anyone have any advice?

My Computer

Want to thank you for saving me 50-100 on a new scanner. Just goes to show you how much we are scammed by companies when you know they knew this driver worked on Lide 35. Anything to make more money! Well thanks 50+ dollars in pocket now.

My Computer

Hi

I have followed all the steps and I still have trouble installing this driver.

I have a window 7 starterd 32 bit notebook.

I downloaded and installed the LIDE 60 - but when I plug in the driver to the computer - I do not get an option to download from disk or to brows my computer.

So I wend to my devises and printer and tried to specify the driver there - I can not find CNQL60.INF file when I brows even though it is there in the directory on my computer.

Anyone has any idea how to make this system accept CNQL60.INF - when I try to klick on the LAUNCH or SETUP file in the same directory it gives me that message about program not being compatible with a 32 bit system

Thanks

EB

My Computer

I am on Windows 7 x64 with a LiDE 35 and I got an error saying driver not found despite following instructions.

But I found the solution. The INF specified a different model number (hardly unexpected since they are LiDE 60 drivers).

If you run into trouble just open CNQL60.INF in Notepad or similar, search for "PID_221C" and replace it with "PID_2213" - it occurs twice.

Thanks for saving me a wad of cash.

My Computer

This DOES work, I was just able to get my Canon LIDE 35 working with my Windows 7 64x. Note that you need to carefully follow ALL of the instructions in this post, including the one right above about editing the .INF file.

Thanks to everyone who contributed. I am SO happy not to need a new scanner.

My Computer

I've been looking for drivers for my Canon LiDE 30 scanner for Win 7 x64 bit system. Google found this discussion.
I've tried to load the LiDE 60 drivers and the Toolbox 4.9 as advised. It doesn't seem to work for me. When I try to scan, it says, "This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy", then a window comes up saying, 'Cannot communicate with scanner, cable may be disconnected". After this it says unable to open TWAIN source.
I've tried numerous times to reload the CNQL60.INF file and then reboot. For some reason when I reboot, my scanner doesn't even show up in Device manager until I unplug and re-plug the scanner.
I know I'm in the wrong forum but it seems like there have been other Win 7 x64 users who were helped here so I'm hoping I can be added to the list:).
Does anyone have any advice?

I have the same problem here. Perhaps this solution only works for LiDE35 and up, not for LiDE30? If anyone has had success with LiDE 30 Win7 64 bit please advise.

My Computer

Back