• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Error: Display driver has stopped working and has recovered successfully.

Gil80

I'm using Gigabyte 9800GTX by Nvidia. I have the latest driver and I'm using Vista x64.

I get this error message while I play Counter Strike source, Crysis, watch images in Picasa or use Google earth. Sometimes it happens in Photoshop CS4.

Please help me to solve this problem.

Thanks.

Gil80

The problem occurs while I use google earth. The temp is 61 deg. I uninstalled the driver, used driver sweeper in safe mode, reinstalled the driver and it still happens. The screen blacks out for 1 second and then comes back with this error message in the system tray saying that the driver has stopped working and has recovered, and whatever program that I used (usually google earth) is not responding.

Has this always been a problem or is it recent?
It's hard to say since I recall I saw it once however I did update the drivers after I saw it for the first time and it never came back, until last week.

I get the same problem in Vista 64 and in XP ( I have dual boot).

AstaLaVista

Lost in Cyberspace
Vista Pro
Maybe a stupid question but, what monitor do you have? Does it show on your Device Manager with the name or just as a PNP Monitor?

I was having this issue with my games and I came to find out that my Acer LCD did not have the x64 drivers. I never had this problem with XP so it may not be related to your problem after all... worth a try perhaps?

Maybe a stupid question but, what monitor do you have? Does it show on your Device Manager with the name or just as a PNP Monitor?

I was having this issue with my games and I came to find out that my Acer LCD did not have the x64 drivers. I never had this problem with XP so it may not be related to your problem after all... worth a try perhaps?
I have Philips 200P4 20.1 in. and I didn't find any drivers for vista.

What is the make and model of your computer.
My RIG:

MB: Gigabyte GA-X38-DS4
CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E8500 6MB
RAM: 2x2GB Corsair CL 3
GPU: Gigabyte 9800GTX 512MB
HD: WD 500GB AKKS 16MB SATA
PSU: 750W Thermaltek
Cooling: Zalman CNPS9500
Display: 20.1 in. Philips 200p4 (plug & play driver)
O/S: Vista x64 Ultimate