Error loading run dll

patch41

Vista Pro
hi folks, after startup i get this popup box, can anybody advise, i have windows vista premium 32-bit thankyou,

Attachments

• error loading.JPG
    error loading.JPG
    11.6 KB · Views: 95

My Computer

A google search for trerkPx.dll doesn't give any significant results = highly suspicous.

As this is an error when starting, I suspect that it's a remnant of an incomlete virus removal (trerkPx.dll has been removed, but the startup entry that calls it is still in place). Have you done anything like that recently? I'd suggest visiting the Security forums for assistance in ensuring that your system is free of viruses: System Security - Vista Forums

My Computer

thanks usasma for the reply, i have had a problem with a virus recently, but ran avast,malwarebytes, and windows defender and thought that i had removed them, but what your saying makes sence, there maybe remnents.will try system security-vista forums. thaks again...patch41

My Computer

hi usama,just to keep you informed, went to security-vista forums as you advised and had a reply back from zigzag3143 he advised, go to start, type msconfig, click on startup tab, and uncheck the box's which are not microsoft, when i did that i noticed some said unknown, so i went through them one by one and found the one that was giving me trouble. i thank you for your time and help and i tipped the scales patch41

My Computer

Back