Frequent & Random BSOD codes

Id have to go with the fact that your card is not comptible with Furmark. Ill post if I can find a sensor that is.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Intergrated 7.1 Channel Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell SP2009W 20 inch Flat Panel w Webcam
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Dell USB 4 button optical
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
Who is the manufactuerer of your card. It may be the Hard Drive did you test?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
NVIDIA GeForce 6150se is all I know about the graphics card and it is integrated into the motherboard. As for the hard drive, I did test it with the Samsung utility through a boot disk I created and everything passed. It took some time but everything looked ok on it.

Now a few minutes ago I tried to reboot to see if I could get speed fan to recognize the GPU temp and when I did I got the 0x0000007e BSOD. I tried again and it flashed the same error. It is the first time that I have had 2 error messages back to back with the same code. Not sure if this is relevant at all...

My Computer

I am not sure if this says anything..But I am trying everything...I noticed that after doing the reinstall of the OS that the Windows Experience Index was reset. So I just tried to run it, and it has frozen on the Assessing CPU performance stage. I am going to restart it now to see if I can run it again.

My Computer

Get me those similar dump reports

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
I am having a problem now getting back into windows.

I am having to step out for a while, so when I get back I will attempt again and upload the Dump Files ASAP. Thanks for following me through this. Learning curve is big, but very helpful. Hopefully we will be able to narrow this down soon!

I appreciate you help!

My Computer

We will get it fixed. If I dont answer right away, I plan to be away until Sunday. You will not be forgotten, however.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
Ok so here is something new. I pulled the case to start going through all of the connections and sockets to make sure everything is seated properly and I noticed the clip on the CMOS battery was off a bit. When I tried to clasp it correctly the battery popped out. So I put it back in and reset the the clock and date in the CMOS setting then tried to reboot. Two things happened.

1.) On first boot after adjusting the clock and date it got past the HP boot screen but then hung up on a new screen that normally does not appear. And it just sat there.
It says:
MediaShield ROM BIOS 9.83
Copyright (C) 2007 NVIDIA Corp.

Detecting arrays ...

2.) On second boot attempt it went to the Windows Error Recovery screen to launch startup repair or to start windows normally. But instead of the screen just popping up like normal, each line scrolled across slowly as if it were being typed. Then if you start up normally it starts to load Windows extremely slow. So much that it took over 15 minutes to boot into Vista. Then in Vista when making any click selection with the mouse it would take a long time to respond to the click. I then tried to shut down and it would have long pauses between directives.

It is almost as if I were running at a 1/16 of the normal speed. I noticed that the CPU levels were maxed out as well.

Not sure what to make of this but I am now trying to get into safe mode to see if I can diagnose.

Just wanted to get this down before I go any further.

My Computer

Ok Fixed the crazy slow speed of the system. I reloaded the default setup in the CMOS screen and now it is back up to speed. Now I will get the latest crash files up.

My Computer

One other thing to add to the list for when you get back, is that I have been trying to reload the HP printer that came with the system and for the life of me I can't get it back on. The system goes through the device setup process but then hangs and won't recognize the printer.

Not sure if there is any relevance but wanted you to know that as well.

My Computer

Have you tried using a known good power supply? What about a different graphics card?

You should make sure that the system is stable before installing other devices and programs.

My Computers

System One System Two

• Operating System
    Windows 8.1 Industry Pro x64
    Manufacturer/Model
    HP Pavillion Elite HPE-250f
    CPU
    Intel i7 860 Quad core 2.8 ghz
    Memory
    8 gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD 5770 1 gb ram
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Alienware 25 AW2521HF
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080 &1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    1 TB x2
    Other Info
    https://www.cnet.com/products/hp-pavilion-elite-hpe-250f/
  • Operating System
    Windows 2012 R2 Data center/Linux Mint
    Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Poweredge T140
    CPU
    i3 9100 3.6GHz, 8M cache, 4C/4T
    Memory
    8GB 2666MT/s DDR4 ECC UDIMM
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    1 TB & 360 GB x2
    Other Info
    https://www.dell.com/en-us/work/shop/productdetailstxn/poweredge-t140?~ck=bt
Hey,

Hope you had a great weekend! Well here is the latest dump files and system report. I had several other Blue screens this weekend a few back to back that would not allow me back into the system. But we are back in now. I also spend more time trying run hardware checks and it would not pull any errors. I tried Hirens Boot CD for the heck of it and it also did not pull anything.

One Last note: I have also recognized a number of lock ups when I go in to run a full virus sweep. Not sure if there is any relevance to this but thought you should know. Also there was someone who posted this weekend that had suggested a potential power supply issue. So I don't know if this is something that I should look into.

My Computer

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    HP-Pavilion m9280.uk-a
    CPU
    2.30 gigahertz AMD Phenom 9600 Quad-Core
    Motherboard
    ASUSTek Computer INC. NARRA3 3.02
    Memory
    3582 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory (4 Gig)
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS NVIDIA Geforce GTS450
    Sound Card
    Realtek High Definition 7.1 Audio (HP drivers)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    HP w2408 24.0" (Dual monitor)
    Screen Resolution
    1920 * 1200, 1920 * 1200
    Hard Drives
    3*500 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
    Plus 2x USB (160Gig each) external HDD
    BluRay & DVD Weiters
    HL-DT-ST BD-RE GGW-H20L SCSI CdRom (Bluray RW) Device
    AlViDrv BDDVDROM SCSI CdRom (Blueray) Device
    TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-H653N SCSI CdRom
    Internet Speed
    40 Meg
Lottiemansion,

Thanks for the reply. The only issue thought is that this BSOD 50 code is not consistent in every crash. It always is a different code. And the article mentions for this specific issue. So I am not sure if it would still apply? Now as of 10 minutes ago I actually had to duplicate codes back to back and this time it was 0x0000000a. Every once and a while I will get repeating codes, but then it starts changing.

My Computer

You need hardware tests. What have we done so far?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
We have checked memory, Hard Drive, CPU, and Graphics. One thing that we have had an issue with though is speed fan and FurMark is not reading a GPU Temp. It has a slot for it, but shows a value of 0. I am not sure it this is because it is built into the mother Board or what. but that is where we are at.

My Computer

This is the torture test
Prime95 Stress Test - free from here: http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft/

Prime95 Setup:
- extract the contents of the zip file to a location of your choice
- double click on the executable file
- select "Just stress testing"
- select the "Blend" test. If you've already run MemTest overnight you may want to run the "Small FFTs" test instead.
- "Number of torture test threads to run" should equal the number of CPU's times 2 (if you're using hyperthreading).
The easiest way to figure this out is to go to Task Manager...Performance tab - and see the number of boxes under CPU Usage History
Then run the test for 6 to 24 hours - or until you get errors (whichever comes first).
The Test selection box and the stress.txt file describes what components that the program stresses.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
Just a quick update. I started the Stress test again and when trying the blend test the first time the system crashed. So I restarted and and when trying again it immediately flashed an error and stopped running. So I started the "Small FFTs" to see if it would do the same thing and so far is still running and has ben for over 2 hours. After the time period you suggested I will try and rerun the blend to see if I can get it to crash again. Is there a report that I am able to get from the original fail to send to you? Or is this just a step in determining which direction to go. Let me know what information you need from Prime95.

My Computer

Back