I cannot download updates using Windows update

wither 3

Vista Guru
Gold Member
Deleted, since i was incorrect. See post 13.

Also, at that page, it has an option to download the updates as a .zip. When I download using that option (after it installs the mega app), I get a .exe file. Does that contain the updates?

Last edited:

wither 3

Vista Guru
Gold Member
SIW2- I had posted that link in the thread where Ex_Brit was looking for the updates and he asked me to remove it because those are his personal backups and he's data limited. I suppose you should do the same thing or talk to Ex_Brit about it.

Vistaar

Vista Guru
I believe Ex-Brit jumped to an incorrect conclusion about your second link (unless maybe he is also greenhillmaniac of MSFN). Perhaps you should post in his thread again to clarify the situation?

wither 3

Vista Guru
Gold Member
I went back and read the last posts in the thread (Vista ISO download) and realized it was ravewulf who was asking where one could get fully updated ISOs. Ex_Brit wasn't looking for files to update his ISOs.

Vistaar

Vista Guru
I went back and read the last posts in the thread (Vista ISO download) and realized it was ravewulf who was asking where one could get fully updated ISOs. Ex_Brit wasn't looking for files to update his ISOs.
In that case, I will leave you in charge of deciding which MSFN link should be given to posters who install Vista in August 2020 and beyond. Your contributions to MSFN have already been incalculable. Keep up the good work! :)