i deleted temp files in c windows and now getting this error

ohsocute69

getting this error in the bottom right hand corner also there is another error im getting when im starting the pc, i will have a look now and update what it says , it happens just before the windows opens

this is on start up before i get into main windows

checking files system c the type of the system is ntps cannot open volume for direct access windows has finished checking the disk

the first error im getting on the window screen (in the snap shot) is happening when i open spyware it seems ... but it does come up straight away when pc is first loaded if this dosent make sense i will re-type the whole thing step by step

Attachments

• chdsk unreadable.jpg
    chdsk unreadable.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

Bare Foot Kid

R.I.P. August 13th 2014
Hello.

Start by running a system file check, in the Windows start menu type "cmd" (without the quotes) right click the entry and select "Run as Admin ... " in the command window type "sfc /scannow" (without the quotes) and hit enter, you may need to run the command a couple times.
Be sure to post back so we know how it sorts out.

ohsocute69

Hello.

Start by running a system file check, in the Windows start menu type "cmd" (without the quotes) right click the entry and select "Run as Admin ... " in the command window type "sfc /scannow" (without the quotes) and hit enter, you may need to run the command a couple times.
here is the photo i have taken , but im still get that message when i open up on to windows , and aslo when spyware doctor i try and open the tab in the bottom right corner ??

any one no why this would be ??

Attachments

• PHOTO.jpg
    PHOTO.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

ohsocute69

just an uptade . i deleted spyware doctor , off the pc , restarted pc and there was no error on the bottom of the right hand side of computer ,

i then re- download pc doctor and it comes back again , so it has something to do with the temp file on c:/program

Attachments

• temmmpopo.jpg
    temmmpopo.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 34

ickymay

just an uptade . i deleted spyware doctor , off the pc , restarted pc and there was no error on the bottom of the right hand side of computer ,

i then re- download pc doctor and it comes back again , so it has something to do with the temp file on c:/program

to quote PCtools support ...............
`pctsGui.exe' error message.

The problem is due to an issue with Spyware Doctor ending its process. The error should only appear when shutting down Spyware Doctor and should not affect the functionality of Spyware Doctor. We are aware of problem and our Development Team are working to resolve it shortly

ohsocute69

The problem is due to an issue with Spyware Doctor ending its process. The error should only appear when shutting down Spyware Doctor and should not affect the functionality of Spyware Doctor. We are aware of problem and our Development Team are working to resolve it shortly
but would that be an up to date , or just on there website ??

also mine says temp files is corrupted and its funny how i just emptied this temp file yesterday now this is happening ?? im really confused , if it was just spyware i would understand it just saying (PCTGUI.EXE) ERROR ,

but it is saying that the temp file is corruptred ..

ickymay

but would that be an up to date , or just on there website ??

also mine says temp files is corrupted and its funny how i just emptied this temp file yesterday now this is happening ?? im really confused , if it was just spyware i would understand it just saying (PCTGUI.EXE) ERROR ,

but it is saying that the temp file is corruptred ..

the fact that the error only happens when spyware doctor is installed would suggest the error is with spyware doctor ;)

you can either choose to put up with the error message or unninstall spyware doctor while you wait for the update from them :)

If you are worried about any spyware you could use malwarebytes free version :cool:

Bare Foot Kid

R.I.P. August 13th 2014
Hello.

here is the photo i have taken , but im still get that message when i open up on to windows , and aslo when spyware doctor i try and open the tab in the bottom right corner ??

any one no why this would be ??

As you did get errors you need to run sfc /scannow several times until it reports no errors.

whs

Vista Guru
Gold Member
I would ditch Spyware Doctor and replace it with MSE. In my experience, this Spyware Doctor is nothing but a pain. I once wasted money on it too.