i deleted temp files in c windows and now getting this error

ohsocute69

getting this error in the bottom right hand corner also there is another error im getting when im starting the pc, i will have a look now and update what it says , it happens just before the windows opens

this is on start up before i get into main windows

checking files system c the type of the system is ntps cannot open volume for direct access windows has finished checking the disk

the first error im getting on the window screen (in the snap shot) is happening when i open spyware it seems ... but it does come up straight away when pc is first loaded if this dosent make sense i will re-type the whole thing step by step

Attachments

• chdsk unreadable.jpg
    chdsk unreadable.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

My Computer

Hello.

Start by running a system file check, in the Windows start menu type "cmd" (without the quotes) right click the entry and select "Run as Admin ... " in the command window type "sfc /scannow" (without the quotes) and hit enter, you may need to run the command a couple times.
Be sure to post back so we know how it sorts out.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    * BFK Customs *
    CPU
    Intel C2Q 9550 Yorkfield
    Motherboard
    ASUS P5Q Pro
    Memory
    8GB Dominator 8500C5D
    Graphics Card(s)
    XFX ATI 1GB 4870 XXX
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD 7-1
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1x 47" LCD HDMI & 2x 26" LCD HDMI
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080P & 1920x1200
    Hard Drives
    2x 500GB 7200RPM 32MB Cache WD Caviar Black
    PSU
    Corsair 620HX
    Case
    CM Cosmos RC-1000
    Cooling
    Tuniq Tower 120, 2x 140mm and 3x 120mm case fans
    Keyboard
    HP Enhansed Multimedia
    Mouse
    Razer Diamondback 3G
    Internet Speed
    18.6Mb/s
    Other Info
    My First Build ;)
Hello.

Start by running a system file check, in the Windows start menu type "cmd" (without the quotes) right click the entry and select "Run as Admin ... " in the command window type "sfc /scannow" (without the quotes) and hit enter, you may need to run the command a couple times.
here is the photo i have taken , but im still get that message when i open up on to windows , and aslo when spyware doctor i try and open the tab in the bottom right corner ??

any one no why this would be ??

Attachments

• PHOTO.jpg
    PHOTO.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

My Computer

just an uptade . i deleted spyware doctor , off the pc , restarted pc and there was no error on the bottom of the right hand side of computer ,

i then re- download pc doctor and it comes back again , so it has something to do with the temp file on c:/program

Attachments

• temmmpopo.jpg
    temmmpopo.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 34

My Computer

just an uptade . i deleted spyware doctor , off the pc , restarted pc and there was no error on the bottom of the right hand side of computer ,

i then re- download pc doctor and it comes back again , so it has something to do with the temp file on c:/program

to quote PCtools support ...............
`pctsGui.exe' error message.

The problem is due to an issue with Spyware Doctor ending its process. The error should only appear when shutting down Spyware Doctor and should not affect the functionality of Spyware Doctor. We are aware of problem and our Development Team are working to resolve it shortly

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    made my own box of pretty lights and metal things
    CPU
    Athlon 64 X2 6000 Dual Core AM2 1MB 3.1GHz socket 940
    Motherboard
    biostar TF8200 A2+
    Memory
    6GB Corsair (XMS2)
    Graphics Card(s)
    HD 5770
    Sound Card
    onboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    ASUS VK222H 22" widescreen LCD monitor
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    OCZ Vertex V2 SSD 90 gig Drive
    WD3200AAKS hard drive sata 2
    WD5000KS hard drive sata 1
    1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 SATA2
    PSU
    ATRIX 650 Watt SLI Power Supply
    Case
    silver thing
    Cooling
    Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro
    Keyboard
    black thing with clattery things
    Mouse
    logitech MX518
    Internet Speed
    8mbps

The problem is due to an issue with Spyware Doctor ending its process. The error should only appear when shutting down Spyware Doctor and should not affect the functionality of Spyware Doctor. We are aware of problem and our Development Team are working to resolve it shortly
but would that be an up to date , or just on there website ??

also mine says temp files is corrupted and its funny how i just emptied this temp file yesterday now this is happening ?? im really confused , if it was just spyware i would understand it just saying (PCTGUI.EXE) ERROR ,

but it is saying that the temp file is corruptred ..

My Computer

but would that be an up to date , or just on there website ??

also mine says temp files is corrupted and its funny how i just emptied this temp file yesterday now this is happening ?? im really confused , if it was just spyware i would understand it just saying (PCTGUI.EXE) ERROR ,

but it is saying that the temp file is corruptred ..

the fact that the error only happens when spyware doctor is installed would suggest the error is with spyware doctor ;)

you can either choose to put up with the error message or unninstall spyware doctor while you wait for the update from them :)

If you are worried about any spyware you could use malwarebytes free version :cool:

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    made my own box of pretty lights and metal things
    CPU
    Athlon 64 X2 6000 Dual Core AM2 1MB 3.1GHz socket 940
    Motherboard
    biostar TF8200 A2+
    Memory
    6GB Corsair (XMS2)
    Graphics Card(s)
    HD 5770
    Sound Card
    onboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    ASUS VK222H 22" widescreen LCD monitor
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    OCZ Vertex V2 SSD 90 gig Drive
    WD3200AAKS hard drive sata 2
    WD5000KS hard drive sata 1
    1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 SATA2
    PSU
    ATRIX 650 Watt SLI Power Supply
    Case
    silver thing
    Cooling
    Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro
    Keyboard
    black thing with clattery things
    Mouse
    logitech MX518
    Internet Speed
    8mbps
Hello.

here is the photo i have taken , but im still get that message when i open up on to windows , and aslo when spyware doctor i try and open the tab in the bottom right corner ??

any one no why this would be ??

As you did get errors you need to run sfc /scannow several times until it reports no errors.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    * BFK Customs *
    CPU
    Intel C2Q 9550 Yorkfield
    Motherboard
    ASUS P5Q Pro
    Memory
    8GB Dominator 8500C5D
    Graphics Card(s)
    XFX ATI 1GB 4870 XXX
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD 7-1
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1x 47" LCD HDMI & 2x 26" LCD HDMI
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080P & 1920x1200
    Hard Drives
    2x 500GB 7200RPM 32MB Cache WD Caviar Black
    PSU
    Corsair 620HX
    Case
    CM Cosmos RC-1000
    Cooling
    Tuniq Tower 120, 2x 140mm and 3x 120mm case fans
    Keyboard
    HP Enhansed Multimedia
    Mouse
    Razer Diamondback 3G
    Internet Speed
    18.6Mb/s
    Other Info
    My First Build ;)
I would ditch Spyware Doctor and replace it with MSE. In my experience, this Spyware Doctor is nothing but a pain. I once wasted money on it too.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell
    CPU
    Q6600
    Memory
    4GB
    Monitor(s) Displays
    HP w2207h
    Hard Drives
    2x250GB HDDs