Internet speed fractured in Vista!

Internet works in XP Pro on that computer. 100 Mbps / full duplex is slower in Vista. Did you disabled IPv6 setting in NIC setup? Uncheck it.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    pair of Intel E5430 quad core 2.66 GHz Xeons
    Motherboard
    Supermicro X7DWA-N server board
    Memory
    16GB DDR667
    Graphics Card(s)
    eVGA 8800 GTS 640 MB video card
    Hard Drives
    SAS RAID
I see IPv6 is limited already. I doubt its the cable or router. Can you try a different NIC like an Intel?

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    16GB DDR667
    Graphics Card(s)
    Hard Drives
    SAS RAID
Thanks DJ,

Change the following device advanced options,

All (powersaving) options - Disabled
IPv4 Checksum offload -Disabled
Large Send Offload (IPv4) -Disabled
Priority & VLAN -Disabled
TCP Checksum Offload (ipv4) -Disabled
UDP Checksum Offload (ipv4) -Disabled

Let me know the speed test result after rebooting :geek:
Steven

My Computer

Thanks for that, I'm at work now where our speed is not the best I have made your recommended changes and the only thing I have noted is that the upload speed seems to have suffered.

Still tonight I'll compare apples with apples and test on my known system and let you know.

Thanks again for your time and effort it's really appreciated.

My Computer

Okay to re-visit my original premise that I had a problem I ran my test with XP again today to find that it was reporting the same speed as Vista! Previously I was getting 28K+ down and 750+ up on a ADSL2+ bigpond connection.

I talked to a friend of a friend and was told Telstra are doing work on the Brisbane hub that 'might' cause speed issues.

As both systems are now reporting the same speed 9k+ down and 750+ up I really can't blame the OS but certainly can blame Telstra for a crappy service! :cool:

So this might be a case of crying wolf! :rolleyes:

My Computer

Okay to re-visit my original premise that I had a problem I ran my test with XP again today to find that it was reporting the same speed as Vista! Previously I was getting 28K+ down and 750+ up on a ADSL2+ bigpond connection.

I talked to a friend of a friend and was told Telstra are doing work on the Brisbane hub that 'might' cause speed issues.

As both systems are now reporting the same speed 9k+ down and 750+ up I really can't blame the OS but certainly can blame Telstra for a crappy service! :cool:

So this might be a case of crying wolf! :rolleyes:

LOL :p

Dont you just hate Telstra...:mad:

Just wait untill tomorrow about a story Im doing for Today Tonight about some of Testras policys, It should be aired tomorrow or friday and you might see me on TV. :eek::eek::eek:

My Computer

I'll look forward to that! would you recommend I maintain the settings you suggested? there was no noticeable impact either way!

I'm not a Telstra hater, to the contrary I think the people that work for them do a great job, the problems started when corporate ties and accountants started to run the business as opposed to technically competent engineers...:sarc:

My Computer

There have been reports of people using XP drivers on Vista for test purposes, I'd try installing the XP driver you use on your XP computer/install on the Vista computer/install and see if that improves anything :)

My Computer

There have been reports of people using XP drivers on Vista for test purposes, I'd try installing the XP driver you use on your XP computer/install on the Vista computer/install and see if that improves anything :)

Thanks for that suggestion mate, but it looks like my ISP may be the culprit :mad:

My Computer

You should have Comcast. My friends call it ComCRAP. They promise 6 Mb down and 1 Mb up. They get 25% of that if they are lucky. Mail can take 4 hours to send.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    16GB DDR667
    Graphics Card(s)
    Hard Drives
    SAS RAID
I was having the same problem till I removed the free version of AVG 8.0 (antivirus). I downloaded and installed Avast antivirus, also free, and my Vista Home Premium increased download speed by a factor of ten.

My Computer

You should have Comcast. My friends call it ComCRAP. They promise 6 Mb down and 1 Mb up. They get 25% of that if they are lucky. Mail can take 4 hours to send.

You cannot go by that. It's dependent on the areas equipment state. My Comcast Screams! Look at my earlier post in this thread and keep in mind it's at 450 miles.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Home Build
    CPU
    Intel Q6600 G0
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P
    Memory
    Corsair 8GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    POWERCOLOR AX3650 512M DDR2
    Sound Card
    On board
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung 215TW
    Screen Resolution
    Hard Drives
    2X WD 750GB RE3 RAID-1
    PSU
    610W CORSAIR Modular
    Case
    Cheapo Rosewell
    Cooling
    Rosewell Fans and CPU Cooler
    Keyboard
    Logitech Access Keyboard 600
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Revolution
    Internet Speed
In the Detroit Tri-county it is not that great. Too many people on it and not enough bandwidth.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    16GB DDR667
    Graphics Card(s)
    Hard Drives
    SAS RAID

You realize both of us are in Australia? That means no Comcast or any other USA-ISP, we have our own providers.

Steven

My Computer

Your lucky.

I was in Germany and got to play on the new 100 Mbps internet last year. It was incredible.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    16GB DDR667
    Graphics Card(s)
    Hard Drives
    SAS RAID