Solved Live mail

redvette

Hi Gang

Long time not been on here with anything, that is good I guess. :-)

Any way I thought it would be a good idea to have my Outlook mail 2010, and my Live mail together, after a bit I decided that was not a good idea, I wanted them to be separate again. So I deleted my Outlook mail from my Live mail account. I though that would take care of it plain and simple.

But I am still receiving my Outlook mail in my Live mail account, how do I stop this.? So far my Live mail does not show up in my Outlook mail account.

I have tried several things with the import and export settings but nothing changes. My next thought was to uninstall my Live mail account and start fresh again.

Thanx....Gunny

My Computer

Hi Gunny,

Do you actually have a red vette or did you just like that name? If you do, what year?

You say you are still receiving Outlook account emails in your WLM program. That means you probably still have the Outlook account setup (otherwise, where else would they go unless they are being forwarded). Did you set it up so the different accounts went to different folders (one for each account) or did you have it setup so email from either source appeared in the one account (and so there is no separate account folder showing) or did you use some type of forwarding trick?

If there is a separate account folder for your Outlook email on the left (as there is for each of my separate accounts in WLM), then right click on the folder for that account and then click on remove account and click OK when asked if you really want to do this and that should be the end of it.

If that doesn't work, in the upper left next to Home is a square icon with a down arrow next to it. Click on the down arrow and then click on Options and then click on e-mail accounts. Hopefully you will see your Outlook account listed. Click on it and then click on Remove. That should do it.

Did you by any chance setup the process so that emails are not actually received by WLM but forwarded to it by Outlook? If so, then you need to turn off forwarding in Outlook to stop it as that's where they are all coming from and, if this is the case, you can't correct it in WLM but need to do so in Outlook. It would help if I knew how you combined the accounts in the first place - there are several ways and so I'm guessing based on how I did it and how I would recommend others do it but that's not necessarily what you did.

Of course, your choice to uninstall and re-install WLM will almost certainly resolve the problem (and I'm tempted to remove almost but again it depends on how you set it up in the first place) - but I'm hoping we can find a less radical approach. If you do this, be sure to backup your information first so you don't lose everything in the process.

I hope this helps.

Good luck!

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Inc. MP061 Inspiron E1705
    CPU
    2.00 gigahertz Intel Core 2 Duo 64 kilobyte primary memory
    Motherboard
    Board: Dell Inc. 0YD479 Bus Clock: 166 megahertz
    Memory
    2046 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM) [Di
    Sound Card
    SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Generic PnP Monitor (17.2"vis)
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1200 pixels
    Hard Drives
    Hitachi HTS541616J9SA00 [Hard drive] (160.04 GB) -- drive 0, s/n SB2411SJGLLRMB, rev SB4OC74P, SMART Status: Healthy
    Case
    Chassis Serial Number: 5YK95C1
    Keyboard
    Standard PS/2 Keyboard
    Mouse
    Logitech HID-compliant Cordless Mouse
    Internet Speed
    1958 Kbps download ; 754.8 Kbps upload
    Other Info
    Optiarc DVD+-RW AD-5540A ATA Device [CD-ROM drive]

Dell AIO Printer A940

Conexant HDA D110 MDC V.92 Modem

6TO4 Adapter
    Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller
    Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter
    Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
    Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface

Router Linksys / WRT54G -01
Hi Lorien.

I think I am understanding what you are telling me, but some of it is a little foggy.

Let me explain this a little more, might make it easier for you to understand what the problem is. I am using Win 7.

My provider is AT&T or Yahoo, depends on who you talk to. :D I still use Yahoo mail, as more or less a filter, (which is the only thing good about Yahoo mail), and Outlook 2010 is my main mail provider that I deal with every day. Now I installed Live mail and use it for a couple of things that my Yahoo mail will not allow, such as some replies back from some forums, believe that or not but Yahoo is still in the back ages as far as this goes. Now Live mail works very good, and so does Outlook.

I had the bright idea of getting my email all in one place, so I added my Outlook mail to my Live mail account. So I changed my mind on that idea and went into Live mail and deleted my Outlook account there, thinking this would take care of it, simple right, well it wasn't. as I still get my Outlook mail in my Live mail in box. And an added thing is happening now, in order to get my mail to open in Live mail I have to click on the add.receive in the upper tool bar. I have uninstalled my live mail, and reinstalled it thinking this might straighten things out, but it did not.

I don't know if this added problem will make it easier to solve the problem or make it harder.

I really appreciate you time and effort on this frustrating problem. If you would prefer to go back and forth on this by e-mailing each other, I can give you my address, and when we solve it put what we did to correct it so every one can see it.

Thanx....Gunny

My Computer

Hi Gunny,

Do you actually have a red vette or did you just like that name? If you do, what year?

You say you are still receiving Outlook account emails in your WLM program. That means you probably still have the Outlook account setup (otherwise, where else would they go unless they are being forwarded). Did you set it up so the different accounts went to different folders (one for each account) or did you have it setup so email from either source appeared in the one account (and so there is no separate account folder showing) or did you use some type of forwarding trick?

If there is a separate account folder for your Outlook email on the left (as there is for each of my separate accounts in WLM), then right click on the folder for that account and then click on remove account and click OK when asked if you really want to do this and that should be the end of it.

If that doesn't work, in the upper left next to Home is a square icon with a down arrow next to it. Click on the down arrow and then click on Options and then click on e-mail accounts. Hopefully you will see your Outlook account listed. Click on it and then click on Remove. That should do it.

Did you by any chance setup the process so that emails are not actually received by WLM but forwarded to it by Outlook? If so, then you need to turn off forwarding in Outlook to stop it as that's where they are all coming from and, if this is the case, you can't correct it in WLM but need to do so in Outlook. It would help if I knew how you combined the accounts in the first place - there are several ways and so I'm guessing based on how I did it and how I would recommend others do it but that's not necessarily what you did.

Of course, your choice to uninstall and re-install WLM will almost certainly resolve the problem (and I'm tempted to remove almost but again it depends on how you set it up in the first place) - but I'm hoping we can find a less radical approach. If you do this, be sure to backup your information first so you don't lose everything in the process.

I hope this helps.

Good luck!

Hi Lorien

To answer some of your questions...

Yes I do own a 1999 Red Corvette, how about you.?

Yes I believe it was set up as Outlook forwarding them. And where do you go to stop this forwarding.? There was this account folder in my Live mail that I clicked on and could see what was in my Outlook mail. I deleted the folder, thinking that would end that account. As far as any trick all I did was go to add an account, and I put in my Outlook address. That is all I recall doing. Where do I go in Outlook to stop this forwarding.? I have looked several places and see nothing to deal with forwarding. And remember this is 2010 Outlook. I know a lot of people are still using 2007 Outlook, and there is a slight diff where things are located.

Thanx....Gunny

My Computer

I have no idea if this will help as it is for Outlook 2007, but it's possible the procedures will be close enough for you to deal with any differences. This is how to setup the forwarding (it's done with rules) and I assume simply removing the rule (if one exists) will stop it (if that's in fact what's causing it - but I'm inclined to think it's coming from WLM (and that it didn't create a rule in Outlook which is difficult to imagine from a programming perspective) but I don't know where or how - though I'm continuing to research it). Outlook 2007 Help.

The new issue makes things harder as I don't see them as the same problem though perhaps they are. I honestly don't know how to fix that but I'm looking into it. It doesn't seem related at all to forwarding. Is this happening with just the outlook e-mails or with all your WLM e-mails?

I hope this helps and I'll let you know if/when I learn anything more. The sad part is that what you did initially should have worked if you removed the account and didn't just delete the folder (but I described above how to remove the account another way if it still exists and assume you tried that and it didn't work plus I could find no way to just delete the account folder without removing the account so I don't see how you could have done it wrong).

Good luck!

P.S. I've always wanted a vette but couldn't afford one. I've settled for a Police Interceptor at the moment (and since it is designed to catch anything else on the road, it has all the power and speed I need - plus it has plenty of room for sitting or storage).

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1200 pixels
    Hard Drives
    Hitachi HTS541616J9SA00 [Hard drive] (160.04 GB) -- drive 0, s/n SB2411SJGLLRMB, rev SB4OC74P, SMART Status: Healthy
    Case
    Keyboard
    Standard PS/2 Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    Other Info

Dell AIO Printer A940

6TO4 Adapter
    Microsoft ISATAP Adapter

Hi Lorien

I forgot to mention this is with Live mail 2011. If I am not mistaken when I first did this combining it was not WLM 2011, it was the version before this. I don't know if this would make any diff or not. And while I am thinking of it, can you go back-wards with WLM like you can with Outlook.? Just trying to think of every angle I can, that would fix this. To my knowledge you can still use Outlook 2003, 2007.

Now with your questions. What mail normally comes to my WLM stays there, nothing from there goes to my Outlook in box. It is only what comes in my Outlook in box goes to my WLM in box. That sounds like double talk. :-) I hope we can find a fix for this, so don't mind asking what ever you want.

P.S. The Corvette was a retirement present from me to me. I flew down to Texas and bought it, and drove it back home. What a car, a person only has to drive one to really understand what I mean. I was a mechanic before retirement, and the way this car runs and handles, is like nothing I have ever driven. The new ones have more HP then this one, makes me wonder what would you do with it, this one is so quick, you have to be on your toes all the time or the speed gets away from you so easy.

Thanx and take care.....Gunny

My Computer

Hi Lorien

Something that I just seen happen with my mail that might help. This might not be happening all the time but I received some mail in my WLM in-box, and it was something normally that came to my Outlook in-box only. Well it came to my WLM in-box first, and then about a minute later it showed up in my Outlook in-box.

And just as I am sitting here typing this it showed up again my WLM in-box, the same e-mail. So that is 3 copies of the same e-mail. Once in Outlook and twice in my WLM in-box.

I sure hope this is making some sense.

Thanx....Gunny

My Computer

Hi Gunny,

Some good news. I have a modertor of the Windows Live Forum interested, but they need some personal information. To keep it private, please reply to this by Private Message to me so I can reply by private message to him (nothing will be made public). Here was his reply when I posted your problem:

Hi there,

I'd like to investigate this issue further by giving me the information I need below:

1. What's the email address you've added both in Outlook Mail 2010 and Windows Live Mail?

2. How did you reinstalled Windows Live Mail?

3. I'd like to have screenshots of the following:

a. The messages that you received in Windows Live Mail that came from your Outlook Mail 2010. Make sure that we can see the entire interface of your Windows Live Mail account page.
b. The account page of your Outlook Mail 2010.

To obtain a screenshot:

http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=2fa13cf8-a054-4832-95be-3f5eac8affa3

I'd give you the direct link to him, but that would mean giving you my login and password to that forum, and that's just a little bit too far (since I use them elsewhere as well - please don't take that personally).

I'm going to tell him the fact that I'm helping you and provide my email addresses and such (though he'll have that as I'm a member of the forum) and try to stay as the go-between, but if he contacts you directly at your e-mail addresses (he is listed there as Windows Live Angel S) then respond and work with him to get assistance from a real expert in this area.

Try to create a synopsis of everything you've told me in the various posts and anything else you think might help. If several screenshots will help to show the various issues, do that too (if possible). Don't talk to me in the PM - reply as if responding to him - I'll add the part about me before I forward it on. The sooner the better while we still have him interested.

Thanks!

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1200 pixels
    Hard Drives
    Case
    Keyboard
    Standard PS/2 Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    Other Info

Dell AIO Printer A940

6TO4 Adapter
    Microsoft ISATAP Adapter

Hi Lorien

I am not understanding a couple of steps they want me to do...One is the message I receivd from Outlook mail 2010, what message.? And the account page, do they mean the page where I open my mail.?

Thanx....Gunny

My Computer

They want to see the emails that are being forwarded from Outlook to WLM when that should no longer be happening. Send them a picture of the mailbox showing the ones coming from Outlook (a screenshot). If you can, try to edit the picture before you save it to highlight or point out the ones you're talking about.

In WLM, click the down arrow next to the box on the left next to Home and then click on Options and then click on Email Accounts and take a screenshot of that page.

In Outlook, go to Tools, Account Settings and send a screenshot of that page.

PM them to me ASAP.

Thanks.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1200 pixels
    Hard Drives
    Case
    Keyboard
    Standard PS/2 Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    Other Info

Dell AIO Printer A940

6TO4 Adapter
    Microsoft ISATAP Adapter

I PM'd back. i can see only 2 of the 8 that are supposedly there and only one is what was requested. Something is messed up in the process. You need to try again. Sorry.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1200 pixels
    Hard Drives
    Case
    Keyboard
    Standard PS/2 Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    Other Info

Dell AIO Printer A940

6TO4 Adapter
    Microsoft ISATAP Adapter

In WLM, click the down arrow next to the box on the left next to Home and then click on Options and then click on Email Accounts and take a screenshot of that page.

In Outlook, go to Tools, Account Settings and send a screenshot of that page.

PM them to me ASAP.

Thanks.

Hi Lorien

If I am looking at this right you asked for 2 pictures.

Thanx....Gunny

My Computer

Hi Gunny,

You left out the first paragraph in that quote. That contained a request for a screenshot.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1200 pixels
    Hard Drives
    Case
    Keyboard
    Standard PS/2 Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    Other Info

Dell AIO Printer A940

6TO4 Adapter
    Microsoft ISATAP Adapter

Hi Lorien

It sounds like you want a picture of my mail in my inbox, correct.? And it has to be e-mail that has come from my Outlook mail, not my normal WLM mail.? Correct.?

Gunny

My Computer

yes - he wants to see what is getting there that should not be happening.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1200 pixels
    Hard Drives
    Case
    Keyboard
    Standard PS/2 Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    Other Info

Dell AIO Printer A940

6TO4 Adapter
    Microsoft ISATAP Adapter

Hi Lorien

Ok I will have to wait until I get some mail then before I can take a picture of it. Have they said anything, after getting what they have so far.?

I appreciate your patience here, and your time and effort. This is a learning process. :-0

Thanx...Gunny

My Computer

Hi Gunny,

I haven't sent anything as we pretty much have only one shot at this and I want that shot to work. What happened to all the Outlook e-mails you've been getting? Did you already delete them all and empty the delete folder so you can't put them back to create the image they need?

I'm OK with the screenshot of the listing of all the email accounts on Outlook 2010. The request for WLM accounts is the wrong page - please recheck the directions. It should show a listing of all your email and newsgroup accounts - not exactly the same as outlook but similar in terms of the fact that it lists the accounts. I can't use the options page you sent me - if my instructions are wrong and you can't find what we're looking for, post back and I'll double-check them. Please check and resend this one with the one above. If necessary, send some e-mails to your Outlook account yourself (or ask a friend to do so as well) so we can get some examples in WLM.

Thanks and good luck!

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1200 pixels
    Hard Drives
    Case
    Keyboard
    Standard PS/2 Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    Other Info

Dell AIO Printer A940

6TO4 Adapter
    Microsoft ISATAP Adapter

Hi Lorien

Well you should have all the pictures now, let me know if I need to send more or better ones. This is a learning thing for me, with computers you never stop learning.

Any way the strange things about this is the fact that I don't receive any WLM in my Outlook in box, just the other way around. I am aware of the duplicate e-mail problem a lot of people have had with Outlook. I had that a couple of times. Thats a pain to undo.

I have looked every where I can think of that would cause this problem, even unchecked a few things that I thought might be the cause, but nothing seems to stop it. I hate to have to change my WLM address, to stop this. But that is always a possibility I guess. Not sure if that would stop it either.

Thanx...Gunny

My Computer

Back