McAfee Virus software

BillTweedy

I'm having trying to install some McAfee software but after allowing it to proceed it does nothing. It's obviously not being allowed to access the internet. I've tried their Pre-install and MCPR tools but I am at a loss as to what is blocking it. I can install most programs that were on my old broken hard drive but the McAfee is a real problem.
The software is 32 bit Vista friedly by the way.
Regards
Bill

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Vista Home Premium
Hi BillTweedy:

You mentioned in your thread There is a problem with this website's security certificate that your antivirus is provided by British Telecom.

Is your McAfee software the British Telecom-branded version of McAfee named BT Virus Protect that is described in the support article What is BT Virus Protect and how do I get it? If so, see the section titled Why am I having problems adding BT Virus Protect to more computers in that support article. Is it possible you used up all your available installation seats for BT Virus Protect before you replaced your hard drive and reinstalled Vista and now need to free up an installation seat?

The BT Virus Protect system requirements <here> confirm this antivirus is compatible with Win XP SP3 and higher. If you're sure you've performed your clean reinstall of Vista SP2 correctly (and updated your hardware drivers like your network card, graphics card, etc.) and still can't find an answer in this forum you might want to post about your BT Virus Protect installation problem in the BT support community.
-----------
32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox ESR v52.9.0 * Malwarebytes Premium v3.5.1-1.0.365
HP Pavilion dv6835ca, Intel Core2Duo T5550 @ 1.83 GHz, 3 GB RAM, 250 GB SATA HDD, NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

My Computers

System One System Two

• Operating System
    32-bit Vista SP2 Home Premium
    Manufacturer/Model
    HP Pavilion dv6835ca
    CPU
    Intel Core2Duo T5550 @ 1.83 GHz
    Motherboard
    Quanta 30D2 (U2E1)
    Memory
    3 GB RAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS
    Sound Card
    Realtek High Definition Audio
    Hard Drives
    250 GB SATA Western Digital Scorpio WD2500BEVS 5400 rpm
    Other Info
    Malwarebytes Premium v3.5.1-1.0.365 * Firefox ESR v52.9.0
  • Operating System
    64-bit Win 10 Pro v22H2
    Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Inspiron 15 5584
    CPU
    Intel i5-8265U @1.60/1.80 GHz
    Motherboard
    Dell Inc. 07R8NW
    Memory
    8 GB DDR4 SDRAM
    Graphics card(s)
    Intel UHD Graphics 620
    Hard Drives
    Toshiba 256 GB KBG40ZNS256G NVMe SSD
    Other Info
    Microsoft Defender * Malwarebytes Premium * Firefox
Hello

I am going through some of the hardware drivers now as I had a few yellow markers in the device manager. I am left with the Base System Device which may be the memory card slot and an Unknown Device.

I will double check the other items you mention as I think the installation found them.

Thanks
Bill

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Vista Home Premium
Back