just updated my yearly anti virus with zone alarms ,download thet latest version via auto update and rebooted now i have no internet connetion,im using vista 64 bit and its zonealarms anti virus 101-079-000
It's likely that there is a conflict between the new and old versions.
I would usggest downloading their removal/cleanup tool and a fresh download. - then disconnect from the internet!
Then uninstall the suite through Programs
Then run the removal/cleanup tool
then in an elevated Command Prompt window, run teh command
NETSH WINSOCK RESET
wait for it to complete, and then reboot
Then install the new download.
1. Click on Start -> Programs -> Zone Labs
2. RIGHT-click on Uninstall Zone Labs Security, then select Properties
3. Under Target you will see the following line (the actual drive letter may be different on your system): "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe"
Change it to: "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /clean (Add a space and then the /clean)
4. Click OK to save the new command line.
5. Click on Start -> Programs -> Zone Labs -> Uninstall Zone Labs Security
6. Click OK to run the uninstaller, and OK any security alerts that pop up.
7. Say "Yes" when being prompted for the removal of all files.
Great - glad to hear it.
Personally, I went off ZoneAlarm products back in 2003 when they started trashing everything in sight when uninstalled - I haven't actually seen an installation since (and I'm very happy to keep it that way, thank you)