No sound from TV with HDMI cable

Zerow

New n mad i am. like the topic say's up top. i'm having a hard time getting this Sony [yes i know. sony n microsoft don't mix >.> but...] HDMI cable to work. first i plug both ends in. a windows comes up asking to setup display. i put n mirror. propblem. at first this was cool. everything work. but when i played Combat arms i said wait. no sound??? i tried everything from my T.v settings to my laptop. nothing seems to work. i tried going to sound and and set HDMI as default but that only get me no sound from laptop nor tv. I just want sound from my tv. not laptop, not both. i also seen a topic here about this but that didn't seem to help. what i got is this...

Sony high speed hdmi audio/video cable
idea 4 hdtv,ps3,dvd.blue ray,hd cable n satellite box

don't know what my tv is but its got 2 hdmi port 4 hd inputs a game mode n it's an dvd player.

now 4 my laptop.

AMD turion X2 RM-72 Dualcorl mobile process
windows home vista home premium 64bit service pack 1
4096MB DDR2 system memory
250GB(5400rpm)
webcam
ati radeon HD3200 graphics

theirs more but i think that all u really need i guess

HP Pavilion
Entertainment Notebook PC please help:cry:

My Computer

New n mad i am. like the topic say's up top. i'm having a hard time getting this Sony [yes i know. sony n microsoft don't mix >.> but...] HDMI cable to work. first i plug both ends in. a windows comes up asking to setup display. i put n mirror. propblem. at first this was cool. everything work. but when i played Combat arms i said wait. no sound??? i tried everything from my T.v settings to my laptop. nothing seems to work. i tried going to sound and and set HDMI as default but that only get me no sound from laptop nor tv. I just want sound from my tv. not laptop, not both. i also seen a topic here about this but that didn't seem to help. what i got is this...

Sony high speed hdmi audio/video cable
idea 4 hdtv,ps3,dvd.blue ray,hd cable n satellite box

don't know what my tv is but its got 2 hdmi port 4 hd inputs a game mode n it's an dvd player.

now 4 my laptop.

AMD turion X2 RM-72 Dualcorl mobile process
windows home vista home premium 64bit service pack 1
4096MB DDR2 system memory
250GB(5400rpm)
webcam
ati radeon HD3200 graphics

theirs more but i think that all u really need i guess

HP Pavilion
Entertainment Notebook PC please help:cry:
I had the same problem and I have a HP laptop, but I found out that you have to make sure you are getting a good connection.

My Computer

good connecting? what kind? internet? guess it don't matter. i'm taking this over price thing back anyway. but i would still like help. i should b able to plug in. switch my audio n done. nnnnnnooooooooooooooooo. we have to do it the hard way

T.T first i get the ring of death now I can't get the audio to work. how much more must i go thought y microsoft y T.T

My Computer

good connection between the laptop and the tv.

When you buy cables in a store, look at them first. If they are in a clear plastic package, look at the bends of the cable. If the cable looks like the bends may have been forced to bend sharply, the wires inside the cable could be damaged. Don't buy that one.

Look for cables with bends that don't look they are forced into a small package.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Acer Aspire X1700
    Motherboard
    ASUS
    Memory
    3 gigs
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA 1 gig GeForce 210
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Vizio 21" tv
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080 resolution
    Hard Drives
    1 terabyte sata in 1 partition
    Cooling
    fans that came with it
    Keyboard
    basic USB
    Mouse
    basic USB
    Internet Speed
    3 megabits on a cable modem, wired
nope. nothing is wrong with my cables. ha lol i look in my xbox 360 box and found another pair of HDMI cables O.o even with these I still can't find the problem. for most people they say. go to sound my put HDMI as default. reset my music player in everything should work but it don't. i can get it to play out my laptop or laptop headphone set but like i said b4 I want sound coming out of my tv for better sound.

My Computer

just wondering if any 1 was going to get me a help n hand on this problem? yes no maybe? after messing with this i have found some thing out. 1. it seem that i have done and have everything hook up right. yet i still get no sound from tv? i even try downloading other type of hdmi audio which fails to work >.> so far i have 1 end to my laptop in the other to my tv. plus i also when 2 sound n change my sound from laptop speakers to hdmi output which should be my tv speakers. i when 2 other forums in this was the answer to their problem. i also have met 2 other people who has the same problem as be but their was not more post after it so like...now what?:sarc:

My Computer

Silly question time... does the sound on the tv work otherwise ?

When you just watch tv programs ? Play a dvd or video tape using the apppropriate player cabled to the tv ?

Check the hdmi input connector, not the cable, on the tv, are any of the pins loose ?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Acer Aspire X1700
    Motherboard
    ASUS
    Memory
    3 gigs
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA 1 gig GeForce 210
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Vizio 21" tv
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080 resolution
    Hard Drives
    1 terabyte sata in 1 partition
    Cooling
    fans that came with it
    Keyboard
    basic USB
    Mouse
    basic USB
    Internet Speed
    3 megabits on a cable modem, wired
just wondering if any 1 was going to get me a help n hand on this problem? yes no maybe? after messing with this i have found some thing out. 1. it seem that i have done and have everything hook up right. yet i still get no sound from tv? i even try downloading other type of hdmi audio which fails to work >.> so far i have 1 end to my laptop in the other to my tv. plus i also when 2 sound n change my sound from laptop speakers to hdmi output which should be my tv speakers. i when 2 other forums in this was the answer to their problem. i also have met 2 other people who has the same problem as be but their was not more post after it so like...now what?:sarc:
Start/control panel/sound-set hdmi as default device.
Tip a)The hdmi sound is on the minimum level by default,so remember to select hdmi properties/levels,and increase the volume to maximum.
Tip b)Increase also the tv volume cause the sound from hdmi usually is a bit weak.
Try also to set your tv as the primary screen before do all the above.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Custom Built by me.
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-X38-DS4
    Memory
    KINGSTON HYPERX DDR2 4GB (2X2GB) PC6400 800MHZ DUAL CHANNEL KIT
    Graphics Card(s)
    SAPPHIRE RADEON HD4890 OC 1GB GDDR5
    Sound Card
    2/4/5.1/7.1-channel Realtek High Definition
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung LE40A656F1 1080p 100Hz LCD HD TV 50,000:1
    Screen Resolution
    1366x768 in Desktop,1920x1080p in gaming and video
    Hard Drives
    C:\WD VelociRaptor 150 GB,10,000 RPM
    D:\WESTERN DIGITAL WD15EADS 1.5TB CAVIAR GREEN SATA2 E:\WESTERN DIGITAL WD15EADS 1.5TB CAVIAR GREEN SATA2 No Raid.Copy Paste Is The Safest Way.
    PSU
    Seasonic 700W 80plus
    Case
    A-Case Twin Engine BB
    Cooling
    3 thermaltake smart case fan II + 1 arctic cooling fan
    Keyboard
    Wireless Logitech LX710
    Mouse
    Wirelles Logitech Laser Mouse MX620
    Internet Speed
    ADSL 4000plus
    Other Info
    F:\Sony high speed sata Dvd Rewriter
    KINGSTON HYPER X FAN
    +Cordless Rumblepad 2
Silly question time... does the sound on the tv work otherwise ?

When you just watch tv programs ? Play a dvd or video tape using the apppropriate player cabled to the tv ?

Check the hdmi input connector, not the cable, on the tv, are any of the pins loose ?
yes my tv does work with normal cable n dvd. n panais I tried all that but nothing works. maybe their is something i can download or upgrade or even go deep in my files to find the problem.

My Computer

so i still...>.> can't get this to work. so far i tried 3 differrent HDMI cables. i put HDMI as default but still no sound. i max my volume on tv n laptop. still not sound. yes my sound works on both tv and laptop alone. yes my laptop is able to play audio with HDMI but i still can't get to work plus tv n laptop manual are not helping one bit.

N i DARE u to say I forgot a simple step.

:mad::(:cry::sa:

My Computer

ok if you want to do this the cheap arse way get a 3.5mm jack (headphone) to mono/stereo and plug it into your TV you will have sound, TV sound wont be Hi def anyway, it will only be stereo, so this is the same quality... kinda

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Self Built
    CPU
    Core2Quad Q9550 @ 2.83Ghz O.C'd to 3.86Ghz
    Motherboard
    XFX Nvidia 790i Ultra SLI
    Memory
    4x2GB Corsair DDR3@ 1333Mhz
    Graphics Card(s)
    Asus Nvidia GTX 280