no sound

It is enabled - all 3 things says they are working -
Speaker (2-realtek high def. audio)
Realtek Digital Output
Digital output device

HP??? My computer is a Gateway, I think I posted the specs

Nope, nothing for Realtek

My Computer

Sorry, I confused you with someone else in regards to Hp vs Gateway.

I don't understand why you don't have Realtek shown in Control Panel. Do you have both the red and white speakers shown in your system tray? Does this exist- C:\program files\realtek\Audio\InstallShield? It would be in C:\program files (x86)\.. for 64 bit Vista.

About the only other thing I can think of is updating to the later driver at the website I posted earlier. Don't worry about the US!, US2, US3.

I also don't understand why it shows 2-realtek high definition audio. I don't think it will work. You might try configuring it for 5.1 or quadraphonic again. Maybe you can post a screenshot of the new options you get since reinstalling the driver.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Vista Home Premium 64 bit SP2
    Manufacturer/Model
    Cyberpower
    CPU
    Intel Quad CPU Q6700 2.67 GHZ
    Motherboard
    NVIDIA 780i
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    MSI GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr
    Sound Card
    Sound Blaster SB Audigy
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Viewsonic VG2436
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080p
    Hard Drives
    Samsung HD 105SI
    WDC WD20
    Case
    Apevia XJupiter
    Cooling
    air
    Keyboard
    Logitech MX 3200
    Mouse
    Logitech MX 600
    Internet Speed
    30 Mbps
Red and White??? Properties under speakers - LR, Green; RL RR Black Rear Panel; c-sub Red Rear Panel all 3.5mm jack.

Where????? C:\program files\realtek\Audio\InstallShield? It would be in C:\program files (x86)\.. for 64 bit Vista.

After I download the audio realtek driver zip package - how do I execute it???? I thought I did when you sent it last time, now I am not sure.

My Computer

I said "system tray" for the red and white speakers. That the right hand end of your windows task bar. If you have the realtek audio manager installed, those will be there. You can use the white speaker to control your volume.

If you don't have the folder I alluded to or the speakers in your system tray, then I don't think you installed the driver.

Do you have a .zip program. You can get J-zip for free (http://www.jzip.com/) and install it. Once you do, you click, right click on the zip file and then select "open with J-zip". There may be other options such as "Extract with J-zip". Then, you extract the .zip file to the folder of choice. Once extracted, you will be able to run the .exe file for the driver.

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Manufacturer/Model
    Cyberpower
    CPU
    Motherboard
    NVIDIA 780i
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Sound Blaster SB Audigy
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Viewsonic VG2436
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080p
    Hard Drives
    Samsung HD 105SI
    WDC WD20
    Case
    Apevia XJupiter
    Cooling
    air
    Keyboard
    Logitech MX 3200
    Mouse
    Logitech MX 600
    Internet Speed
    30 Mbps
I assume the system tray and task bar is speaker, volume set to 100, speakers 2- realtek high defintion audio

No idea if I have .zip - J-zip would not download ...a problem stopped the program from working. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

My Computer

You'll just have to keep trying on J-zip. You could also check to see if there's a trial version of 7-zip.

I've attached a screenshot of part of my system tray. Note the red and white speakers.

If you click on the red speaker, you get to the realtek settings, as shown in the second screen shot.

Attachments

• soundsystemtray.JPG
    soundsystemtray.JPG
    2.7 KB · Views: 69
  • realteksettings.JPG
    realteksettings.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 242

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Manufacturer/Model
    Cyberpower
    CPU
    Motherboard
    NVIDIA 780i
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Sound Blaster SB Audigy
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Viewsonic VG2436
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080p
    Hard Drives
    Samsung HD 105SI
    WDC WD20
    Case
    Apevia XJupiter
    Cooling
    air
    Keyboard
    Logitech MX 3200
    Mouse
    Logitech MX 600
    Internet Speed
    30 Mbps
I have the same thing on my system tray and everything says it is working - but no sound! More or less acting like it would if I did not turn the volume switch up or on. So, Yes, Both Red (realtek) and white in my tray. No idea why there are two - realtek high def. audio

My Computer

Looking at the screen shot I provided, with the Speakers checkmarked at the top, you should have Center unchecked. I don't know what options are listed in the speaker configuration for you. Maybe there's the 4.1 listed. If so select it. Where does it say 2-speakers for you?

You could select the Full right and left or maybe even surround. You could also try speaker fill. Mess around with those settings and keep testing.

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Manufacturer/Model
    Cyberpower
    CPU
    Motherboard
    NVIDIA 780i
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Sound Blaster SB Audigy
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Viewsonic VG2436
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080p
    Hard Drives
    Samsung HD 105SI
    WDC WD20
    Case
    Apevia XJupiter
    Cooling
    air
    Keyboard
    Logitech MX 3200
    Mouse
    Logitech MX 600
    Internet Speed
    30 Mbps
None of the speaker configurations work. No 4.1 listed. Remember this system has been working for 4 years on this computer, it just stopped several weeks ago.

My Computer

Then I would work on re-installing the driver. You might also uninstall the driver and reboot to let Windows discover your speakers and install the generic driver.

If that doesn't work, I don't know what to tell you. Maybe the transformer is not working or there's some other internal problem in the subwoofer box.

I've had it where it would work with sound from the internet and none from apps in Windows and then all of a sudden everything would start working again. I've also had it where clicking on the Test buttons will play sounds but I won't get sound from anywhere else. Usually it's fixed by messing with the volume control on the subwoofer or sometimes I switch the connections on the subwolfer around. Other times, I just fiddle with the realtek controls. Luckily, the problem doesn't pop up too often.

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Manufacturer/Model
    Cyberpower
    CPU
    Motherboard
    NVIDIA 780i
    Memory
    4 GB