Recovery CD not compatible with my Vista OS

I borrowed my Vista Home Premium 64 bit from ExBrit. The set of recovery CDs i have came from RestoreCD4u which is supposedly a copy of the original CD that came with the system. The key on the laptop is Vista Home Premium so what could be the issue? Maybe i need to install 32 bit? Here's an image i got when the pc was booting with the CD. Thanks

Attachments

• image0 (1).jpg
    image0 (1).jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 12

townsbg

~~тσωηsвg~~
Vista Guru
Gold Member
You can't use a 64-bit disk on 32-bit or the other way around. Your system specs mentions 10 so I can only guess that's the issue.

Here are the specs. So the pc is x64 but the only reason that the issue at hand would come up is if the recovery CDs were x86...?

Attachments

• 20200825_031427.jpg
    20200825_031427.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10

SIW2

Vista Guru
Gold Member
Are you trying to reinstall, or are you only wanting to use the system recovery functions -e.g. startup repair.

The media you got from ex_brit should work fine on 64 bit Vista for startup repair etc. In theory it can also be used for installing, but you will have a challenge with the updates.

townsbg

~~тσωηsвg~~
Vista Guru
Gold Member
The question isn't want your computer is but what windows is. You can have 32-bit version of Windows installed on a 64-bit computer but not the other way around. If your install is 32-bit (x86) then you won't be able to use that disk.

Are you trying to reinstall, or are you only wanting to use the system recovery functions -e.g. startup repair.

The media you got from ex_brit should work fine on 64 bit Vista for startup repair etc. In theory it can also be used for installing, but you will have a challenge with the updates.
I'm just trying to installed the accursed factory drivers from Sony specifically the brightness keys function ( FN+F5, F6).
The CD works when i poped it in while the pc was already on and it even detected problems and took a good while supposedly fixing them but upon restarting the laptop the issue at hand came up (1st post). I had to take out the disc when turn on the pc so otherwise it would display that message.

The question isn't want your computer is but what windows is. You can have 32-bit version of Windows installed on a 64-bit computer but not the other way around. If your install is 32-bit (x86) then you won't be able to use that disk.
I installed the 64bit version. Just in case, i cloned the drive before trying all of this just to be on the safe side.

Last edited:

Vistaar

Vista Guru
No website seems to regard the “bitness” of Vista Home Premium that VGN CR220e shipped with as worthy of mention, but it reportedly shipped with only 2 GB of RAM (expandable to 4 GB), from which I would infer Vista x86. It reportedly appeared in November 2007, which was prior to the release of SP1.

No website seems to regard the “bitness” of Vista Home Premium that VGN CR220e shipped with as worthy of mention, but it reportedly shipped with only 2 GB of RAM (expandable to 4 GB), from which I would infer Vista x86. It reportedly appeared in November 2007, which was prior to the release of SP1.
The system says x64 though.

townsbg

~~тσωηsвg~~
Vista Guru
Gold Member

I've seen that if there are multiple hard drives to disable the others and that the repair disk is lower than the install in service pack.