• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Solved Switch AHCI TO IDE (Tutorial HowTo) !!!

This one helped me as well, thanks!

In my case, a few registry items had different values after running the .reg file (Msahci and iaStorV were 4 (!) and PciIde was already 0), but in the end it worked fine anyway :D

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Samsung R710

slyda

Thanks for your solution. This worked for me as well on Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (German) on an ASUS M5A97 motherboard. One difference however: I did not have the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/Current_ControlSet/Services/iaStor key. So I changed the rest like you said after applying the .reg file and then restarted my system, went to BIOS and changed SATA mode from AHCI to IDE. Saved, restarted and returned to BIOS to set the boot priority now that IDE was activated, and then Windows launched. It installed some drivers in background and my network adapter stopped working. It detected the cable but no internet / ip information returned on ipconfig /all. I restarted computer and then everything was good. Thank you for the tutorial.

My Computer

me too..i just created account to say THANK YOU VERY MUCH...I'm so messed up, I have a lot of PC to clone with no AHCI support..and a lot of tutorials on the internet but didn't work and I come up to conclusion to reformat again..this saves a lot of time.

My Computer