Solved Unable to get my Samsung R60Plus Laptop to connect Wirelessly To The Internet

Delboy741

Hi,

I have obtained a Samsung R60plus Laptop running Windows Vista Home Premium which used to connect wirelessly to the internet with no problems at all using an old Netgear router.
That router gave up the ghost so I have since updated it to a brand new Huawei HG533 Router. All my other PC's and tablets connect wirelessly to this new router no problems at all but i am unable to get this Samsung laptop to connect to the internet at all. It can find the network no problem, I type in my security key very carefully to make sure it is correct yet it will not connect to the Internet.

I have tried disabling the Firewall and antivirus to see if that was causing the problem, yet still no Joy. Even tried Flushing the DNS and updating the firmware on the Router, Still nothing.

I know there is nothing wrong with the Laptop yet I have tried just about everything and have searched the internet high and low for a solution, does anyone have any suggestions ?

Last edited:

My Computer

Hi

I would suggest that you check your drivers & update as required: -

Here

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    HP-Pavilion m9280.uk-a
    CPU
    2.30 gigahertz AMD Phenom 9600 Quad-Core
    Motherboard
    ASUSTek Computer INC. NARRA3 3.02
    Memory
    3582 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory (4 Gig)
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS NVIDIA Geforce GTS450
    Sound Card
    Realtek High Definition 7.1 Audio (HP drivers)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    HP w2408 24.0" (Dual monitor)
    Screen Resolution
    1920 * 1200, 1920 * 1200
    Hard Drives
    3*500 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
    Plus 2x USB (160Gig each) external HDD
    BluRay & DVD Weiters
    HL-DT-ST BD-RE GGW-H20L SCSI CdRom (Bluray RW) Device
    AlViDrv BDDVDROM SCSI CdRom (Blueray) Device
    TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-H653N SCSI CdRom
    Internet Speed
    40 Meg
Appreciate all the assistance, thought i would come back and post the solution incase anyone else has the same issue.

ok i have now sorted the issue
I downloaded Download Driver Booster 2 Free, the most Effective Driver Updater, to Update Drivers in ONE Click - IObit
Let it scan my system and updated any out of date drivers, I can now connect to the internet wirelessly no problem at all.
smile.gif

My Computer

Back