(Unofficial) drivers for Epson Perfection 1660 scanner

What did work was installing the x64 driver from Epson for their Epson Expression 1680 Professional scanner instead. I had to force the Device Manager driver install to use the .inf file for the 1680.

Here's how:

Download and run the Epson file.
It will extract to here: C:\EPSON\epson12203_twain_driver_and_epson_scan_utility_304a
cancel the install process.
Open Device Manager.
Right click the scanner (will have yellow "!")
click update driver

click "Browse my computer…."
click "let me pick from list..."
click have disk
browse to here: C:\EPSON\epson12203_twain_driver_and_epson_scan_utility_304a
pick any inf, and it should go from there.

My Computer

I had a bear of a time trying to find Vista x64 drivers for this scanner, so with some help from "Smoove Love" over at PlanetAMD64 forums, I was able to deconstruct the x64 drivers for the Perfection 2400 and create a driver install package for the 1660.

This driver set should install the printer with the correct name and in the the correct registry location.

While the drivers work fine for me, I take no responsibility for its effects on your system or registry. Use at your own risk/discretion. Drop me a PM if you have any questions!

I needed a place to upload the file, so I put it on Megaupload, hope that's ok!

Epson1660_Vista_x64_v1.zip:
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery servicehttp://www.megaupload.com/?d=BWZK5L6W

Love you man! Thank you.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    AMD x64 6400+
    Motherboard
    MSI K9N Platinum SLI (nForce 570)
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    nVidia GeForce XFX GTX260 Black edition
    Monitor(s) Displays
    19" LG
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    Primary 250GB SATA
    Secondary 500GB SATA
    Keyboard
    Microsoft Wireless 7000
    Mouse
    Microsoft Wireless 7000
    Internet Speed
    24/8
After a major PC crash I had to do a reinstall of everything including my Epson 1660 Photo perfection scanner. I downloaded & installed the driver OK & am able to use when I click Epson Scan icon.

I have also installed Epson Smart Panel which gives a lot more control as its required when you want to scan negatives.

When I click on the Smart Panel to get to these options all I get is a pop up saying to install a twain driver. How do I fix this problem?

My Computer

Thank you very much. This saves the hassle of scanning using an old XP computer and transferring the files.

I am also very disappointed with EPSON. When you try to make money by dropping support of an old reliable product, you lose a future customer.

From now on when I decide to buy hardware, I will make an effort to check for the support of older products.

My Computer

Thanks, I registered just to say that! I was just about to throw out my scanner too after having given up trying to find a driver for Windows Vista Enterprise x64 SP2, when I stumbled across this!

It works fantastic. However, last night I put my machine to sleep. This morning, when I woke it up, it immediately hit a BSOD on usbscan :cry:

It rebooted fine and works fine, but I may have some testing to do. Perhaps I'll try that 1680 driver trick if this keeps up.

My Computer

Hi to all,

I would like to know if it is possible to run this setup.exe in silent mode (without dialog box) ?
I need to run it as well because all my installation process is scripted.

Does this package works fine on x86 computer too ?
It works perfectly on my Win 7 x64.

Thks to advise me.

My Computer

I had a bear of a time trying to find Vista x64 drivers for this scanner, so with some help from "Smoove Love" over at PlanetAMD64 forums, I was able to deconstruct the x64 drivers for the Perfection 2400 and create a driver install package for the 1660.

This driver set should install the printer with the correct name and in the the correct registry location.

While the drivers work fine for me, I take no responsibility for its effects on your system or registry. Use at your own risk/discretion. Drop me a PM if you have any questions!

I needed a place to upload the file, so I put it on Megaupload, hope that's ok!

Epson1660_Vista_x64_v1.zip:
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Hi,

Is it possible to have an anwer to my previous question ?

Regards.

My Computer

Hello,
I wonder if you could help me with installing a driver for my new scanner: Epson Style SX215 I use Window XP? The printer is working fine, but the scanner is not installed, it shows an error: " Could not find files required for setup".
I would appreciate you help.
Regards,
Hutia

My Computer

Hello,
I wonder if you could help me with installing a driver for my new scanner: Epson Style SX215 I use Window XP? The printer is working fine, but the scanner is not installed, it shows an error: " Could not find files required for setup".
I would appreciate you help.
Regards,
Hutia

Firstly, if you are experiencing a problem, then start a new thread.

Secondly, take a look at this:

Drivers for the Epson Stylus SX215 Printers and All-in-Ones

Tom

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Build #1
    CPU
    Intel Core i7 3770K @4.4GHz
    Motherboard
    ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
    Memory
    Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz Low Profile (White)
    Graphics Card(s)
    Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850 (2GB GDDR5)
    Sound Card
    Integrated on motherboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    23" LG LCD/LED IPS
    Screen Resolution
    1920*1080
    Hard Drives
    Samsung EVO 128GB SSD
    Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm
    2x500GB Seagate FreeAgent 5400rpm
    PSU
    Corsair TX650W V2 (80+ Bronze)
    Case
    NZXT Phantom 410
    Cooling
    Corsair H100 Water Cooler, 1x140mm and 1x120mm stock fans
    Keyboard
    Microsoft Desktop 2000 Wireless Keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Desktop 2000 Wireless Mouse
    Internet Speed
    95 Mb/s Download 70 Mb/s Upload
This driver gets the scanner up & running at lease at the basic level. Does anyone know if its possible to also get the Espon Smart panel software up & running as well as I would like to have both OCR function as well as have the ability to still be able to scan both slides & negatives as well? Vuescan apparently also provides a driver that gets the scanner working again but you have to purchase it & even then I don't know if it will give you back the smart panel. They also don't say if it supports the 64 bit versions of Windows

My Computer

This driver gets the scanner up & running at lease at the basic level. Does anyone know if its possible to also get the Espon Smart panel software up & running as well as I would like to have both OCR function as well as have the ability to still be able to scan both slides & negatives as well? Vuescan apparently also provides a driver that gets the scanner working again but you have to purchase it & even then I don't know if it will give you back the smart panel. They also don't say if it supports the 64 bit versions of Windows

As far as I know, Vuescan doesn't use any driver. It communicates directly with the scanner so you can use it only in Vuescan. That's no problem for scanning images because Vuescan is an excellent program, but it won't work with an OCR program or Photoshop.

My Computer

Thanks for the driver. I have it installed on my Dell Studio XPS 16 with Vista Home Premium x64 and it works great on that machine. The only thing is that I tried to install this on my home PC with Win7 Ultimate x64 and it does not work. I have tried uninstalling via windows, re-installing, removing with Total Uninstall and re-installing or even installing over a previous installation of the driver.

I have attached a screen capture of the error message when I try to initiate a scan. If you select yes it just opens a help file to which I have exhausted all troubleshooting possibilities. It doesn't matter if I use the included utility, ACDSee or an online Java utility with my bank.

Please advise. Thanks again.

I met this issue too. It stopped in the middle of the installation proccess and placed the Epson Scan icon in the desktop but didn't work. Then I restarted the computer, went to "Printers and devices" and the scanner was there with an alert sign. so what I did was to update the driver manually by choosing the folder where I decompressed the installation package and now everything works fine.

My Computer

Also, if you want to use your Epson 1660 with Windows XP x64, this driver works PERFECTLY! On my quad-core HP workstation, Windows XP x64, the only thing that never worked was my Epson 1660 scanner. Now it does!

I can report that this custom driver works absolutely fine with XP x64! Both via Epson Scan and through 32-bit Photoshop CS4's twain interface.

The twain driver dows not show up in 64-bit Photoshop, but no real problem as both versions of PS install with CS4 anyhow.

HTH

Last edited:

My Computer

Hello imagerx64 and welcome to the forums :party:

Thanks for sharing your solution with us :)

Tom

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Build #1
    CPU
    Intel Core i7 3770K @4.4GHz
    Motherboard
    ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
    Memory
    Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz Low Profile (White)
    Graphics Card(s)
    Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850 (2GB GDDR5)
    Sound Card
    Integrated on motherboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    23" LG LCD/LED IPS
    Screen Resolution
    1920*1080
    Hard Drives
    Samsung EVO 128GB SSD
    Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm
    2x500GB Seagate FreeAgent 5400rpm
    PSU
    Corsair TX650W V2 (80+ Bronze)
    Case
    NZXT Phantom 410
    Cooling
    Corsair H100 Water Cooler, 1x140mm and 1x120mm stock fans
    Keyboard
    Microsoft Desktop 2000 Wireless Keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Desktop 2000 Wireless Mouse
    Internet Speed
    95 Mb/s Download 70 Mb/s Upload
Hello,

I just changed my computer for a new one under Windows 7 home 64.
And I'm loooking for a driver for my old scaner Epson perfection 1660.
I tried to find the file Epson1660_Vista_x64_v1.zip, but Megaupload is closed !
It would be fine if anybody count give me a new link to obtain the file.
Thanks

My Computer

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Emachine ET 1161-05
    CPU
    AMD Athlon 64 LE-1640
    Motherboard
    eMachines MCP61PM-GM (Socket AM2 )
    Memory
    2.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 387MHz (6-6-6-18)
    Graphics Card(s)
    Acer E181H (1280x768@60Hz) 128MB GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 (
    Sound Card
    Realtek High Definition Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Name Acer E181H on NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
    Screen Resolution
    1280x768 pixels
    Hard Drives
    ST316081 5AS SCSI Disk Device
    PSU
    MCP61PM-GM 9000 NVIDIA Chipset Model MCP61 Chipset Revisio
    Case
    Tower
    Cooling
    Fan Speed 1247 RPM
    Keyboard
    Standard PS/2 Keyboard
    Mouse
    PS/2 Compatible Mouse
    Internet Speed
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/1538974261.png
Hello,

Thanks for the links, but none of the 32 bits drivers works with the Epson Perfection 1660 under windows 7 home 64bits.:cry:

My Computer

Back