Solved Virtual Machine Help

Hi,

I am a newbie to these sites and to forums in general, however have decided this is the time i need some help.

I am looking to install Ubuntu on my Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit laptop, ASWELL as having vista kept on it, presuming it's a bit like having a virtual machine.

However i have no idea on how to start about it, apart from downloading an ISO for Ubuntu.:confused:

Can someone try and help me please.

thanks

Gary

My Computer

The question you must first answer is whether you want to be able to use both OS's at the same time - - for that you'd need to use a Virtual Machine.
If you want to run them separately, then you could install them as dual-boot.

As far as Virtual Machines Hosts go, you'd probably be better with Oracle VirtualBox than Microsoft VPC2007 - (VPC isn't fully supported in Vista Home Premium). Other options include VMWare (which is arguably better than either).

Dual Booting Windows and Linux is not really a job for beginners - although there are many sites that will get you started - and I would suggest playing in a VM first even if you eventually elect a dual-boot.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Acer Aspire 8930G
Yes preferably i want to use both systems at the same time, i dont want to have to log off and log on again IF i can help it, i want to be working on Vista, then decide to go onto Ubuntu, and log on to it whilst other session is still active (if thats possible), i guess it's almost like a RDP Connection (i think). :confused:.

My Computer

Back