Vista Booting Issue BSOD

So, in short...
1. Install Vista and the Windows 7's. This will also create the ESP partition for UEFI.
2. "Hide" the Vista and Windows 7's OS partitions.
3. Install Windows 8's and 10. This will update the ESP partition for UEFI.
4. "Unhide" Vista and Windows 7's OS partitions.
5. ESP should contain entries for all systems.

Boot manager will be the one from the most recent install, Win 10.

Interesting exercise.
There are countless posts and threads about multibooting, many successes but also many failures...hence, all the "fix your boot partition" tools and programs.
Your steps may ultimately work, only to be undone by some update or reinstall.
When I have to go through these extra steps, it's a sign to me that a different approach should be taken, unless I have the time or attitude to make it a learning experience.
I think I mentioned previously that in this situation, I probably would use two hard drives, with the ability to isolate them (that is, be able to turn one or the other off, so that the computer can only see one drive).

My Computer

So, in short...
1. Install Vista and the Windows 7's. This will also create the ESP partition for UEFI.
2. "Hide" the Vista and Windows 7's OS partitions.
3. Install Windows 8's and 10. This will update the ESP partition for UEFI.
4. "Unhide" Vista and Windows 7's OS partitions.
5. ESP should contain entries for all systems.

Boot manager will be the one from the most recent install, Win 10.

Interesting exercise.
There are countless posts and threads about multibooting, many successes but also many failures...hence, all the "fix your boot partition" tools and programs.
Your steps may ultimately work, only to be undone by some update or reinstall.
When I have to go through these extra steps, it's a sign to me that a different approach should be taken, unless I have the time or attitude to make it a learning experience.
I think I mentioned previously that in this situation, I probably would use two hard drives, with the ability to isolate them (that is, be able to turn one or the other off, so that the computer can only see one drive).
Hi virtual6,

That's correct and will continue on trying until I succeed but will consider the second drive option if all else fails.

Regards,

RocknRollTim

My Computer

Update

I have concluded that this experiment is currently not possible on a GPT volume with Windows Vista and can only be either achieved using one or more MBR/GPT volumes or by using virtual emulators. If anyone can find a way round this problem please feel free to post your resolutions in this thread.

My Computer

Update

I went down the path of EasyBCD for a few months and wasn't able to rectify my issue, I figure its because my PC drivers aren't officially supported by Windows Vista hence why I was experiencing unpredictable behaviour with Windows Vista alongside Windows 8 and above plus not to mention why I wasn't able to get any drivers to work with Windows Vista when operating independently without any incompatible OSs alongside such as Windows 8 and above. I therefore conclude that my experiment I was wanting to achieve cannot be carried out successfully without getting a PC that supports EFI or UEFI from the years 2005 or 2006, that's if I can find one of course, if not, looks like I will have to result to a hypervisor to run the OSs I want to experiment with but saying that this method doesn't give a sense of realism when it comes to testing incompatibility of drivers. The PC I was testing with was a Dell Vostro 470.

My Computer

Back